“Excellent.... Even if your not a child!!”

Matilda the Musical
Ranked #10 of 343 Concerts & Shows in London
London, United Kingdom
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“Excellent.... Even if your not a child!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

Going to see this show, was the choice of a 13yr old who had seen the film... Not seeing the film or knowing anything about it I was a little apprehensive. I have to say I loved every second of it..... It was EXCELLENT. I think I may have enjoyed it more than the 13yr old I'd taken to see it....
Can't recommend it enough...

Visited July 2014

11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Brilliant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

Fun, funny, witty, sad and moving. This is such a clever musical and I was so glad that I could only get tickets for the matinee because it was filed with children and watching their reactions was priceless too. I can't remember when I last saw a musical that reinvents how it can be done. It throws away the rules and invents new ones that work brilliantly. Go see this and take your children but I would set a minimum age of eight as it is quite dark in places and they will get scared. Get seats in the stalls as well because you really feel part of it.

London, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“good night out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

fresh fun and catchy lyrics even although I was tired visiting after work I was soon revived by the antics of the children in the show
and although I loved the Danny DI Vito and the other version this was better than both and the music made it unique

Visited October 2013
Redditch, United Kingdom
62 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 120 helpful votes
“Excellent”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014

Tickets expensive, £80 each, but they were good seats and the show is great, really enjoyed
Drinks ice creams also expensive, not many mementos of the musical to buy at the theatre.

lancashire
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Excellent show”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014

Went to see the show with my 8 year old daughter who has ASD. We booked in advance and were given a free carer ticket due to my daughters disability. We sat in the stalls in row B seats 4 and 5. We had a great view and could clearly see all the facial expressions of the cast. My daughter sat on one of the free booster cushions available and was very comfortable.

The show was very funny and offered something for all ages. My daughter struggles with concentration but found the length of the show before and after the interval managable.

Sweets and drinks are available but expensive and it is best to take your own. If we went again we would sit a little further back. Fantastic show and one not to be missed.