“Amazing”

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Amazing”
Reviewed 29 August 2014

This was the Best Show I've seen the little girl playing Matilda was awsome.The whole show was fantastic would go again.

1 Thank Dawn M

14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Just Brilliant!”
Reviewed 29 August 2014

We took our musical-mad 6 year old to see this and had a fabulous evening. With seats in the front row of the stalls we enjoyed a great view plus ample leg room. We loved the energy of the show and were captivated by young Lottie who played the lead roll on the night we visited.

Excellent in every way and highly recommended.

London
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Sweaty!”
Reviewed 29 August 2014

The set was amazing - the acting and effects were superb. We went in January for my Mother's birthday following a meal at The Ivy and were SO hot in our seats (cheap seats in the Gods - sorry Mum) that by the interval we were fidgetting about and having to neck loads of water. It's a tiny theatre packed with people and the heating was on full whack. We had two very sweaty small boys with us too and it was actually a relief to get to the end of the play and out into the open. I know I sound like a menopausal moaner (I am neither) but it really detracted from the enjoyment of what was a really brilliant musical and should have been hugely entertaining for the boys

Visited January 2014
1 Thank auntieangry
Norwich
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“A fab first theatre experience for my six year old.”
Reviewed 29 August 2014

i booked 2 months in advance and got row d of the stalls. Excellent seats and a lot goes on in the stalls area with characters moving down from the stage. Thus was my daughters first trip and we weren't disappointed. Amazing music and the children are such a talented bunch. The girl that played Matilda in the performance we saw was called Tasha. She is just what you think Matilda will be like, wonderful voice and very believable , Mrs Trunchball was fabulous too played by Alex Gaumond. Sometimes the musical can not live up to the book. Ut we had a ball, loved every second. Seats are expensive and no discount for children, if its a one off visit I would say definitely pay for the best ticket you can afford, there is so much to see close to the stage. Amazing production, highly recommended.

England
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Okay - didn't live up to my expectations”
Reviewed 28 August 2014

I've heard countless rave reviews about this musical and heard a few songs which sounded great but this just fell a bit flat for me. The storyline never seemed to work for me and although there were some nice moments (3 or 4 songs were really good and Ms Trunchebul was funny) it seemed geared towards children so I never fully got into it. The kids were great though as others have said.

I think there are other musicals in London which are worth seeing before you see this one!

1 Thank holidayha