Open today: Closed
Review Highlights
Great venue, we would definitely go back again.

This is a great venue, we have watched a few shows here, it’s well worth a visit. The shows are... read more

Reviewed 24 March 2024
Vanessa M
A Most uplifting experience,the afternoon went by far to quickly .

I was invited to a friends special birthday party at Brick lane .For Afternoon tea and a show... read more

Reviewed 24 March 2024
David M
Southampton, England, United Kingdom

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Recommended experiences in and around London
from £22.35
from £41.00
from £49.42
from £13.59
1,243 results
All reviews afternoon tea vincent hayes old church adult panto wonderful afternoon front of house spend an afternoon west end pantomime cast jokes audience songs cockney performers comedy humour
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 May 2019 via mobile

Outstanding St George’s Show with an excellent 3 course meal for £50. All proceeds to AAA charity - what’s not to like? Well done Vince and team you are amazing.

1  Thank stephanie n
Reviewed 4 May 2019

We had never been before and we were expecting a proper music hall and appropriate setting. What you get is a lovely church but decorated so badly with cheap tinsel( in April??) wobbly cheap chairs, crammed in like sardines, terrible sets( previous reviewer stated they look like a 5 year. So true) ,godawful cheap costumes... Singing ok sometimes, off key other times........Master of ceremonies/comic ok and funny at times but tended to take over the proceedings a bit.................and why spend so much time picking out certain members of the audience for special mentions and flowers? Afternoon tea...................well what can I say! No teapots on the tables...why not??Instead we were served by a grumpy older lady who poured you a cup from one of those industrial style old pots with tea written on the side! Sandwiches tasteless and no one on our table could make out what one of the fillings was! There is no way these are made on the premises. These are exactly what I have seen before when someone bought these for a work do from Costco. Cakes and scones looked nice but again tasteless. I am pretty certain that these are bought in and I am able to taste pre frozen/defrosted cakes and scones when I come across them . I can honestly say it was the biggest let down for me and my friend. It is not a music hall in any way shape or form. I feel robbed. I should have done my homework but it would not have helped as most of the reviews are bizarrely good!

Date of experience: April 2019
7  Thank patchmann
Reviewed 3 May 2019

My Mum (91) got for my Aunt Joyce’s 90th birthday treat lunch and St. George’s show at the Brick Lane Music Hall and I chaperoned them there.

It is set in an old church but there are no hard pews or cold drafts and definitely no boring sermon!

We had a great time, the food was really nice and the show had us singing in our seats.

I mentioned it was Auntie Joyce’s birthday to a very nice chap (the maître d?) who arranged for Vincent to read our her name in the interval and gave her some roses and took a photo which they gave to all three of us – a very nice touch; especially as we gave them no notice.

If you are reading this thinking about going, don’t hesitate, book it now!

1  Thank KeithEgroup
Reviewed 2 May 2019

I went with a group of friends for the first time yesterday. What a wonderful afternoon of entertainment - it was the last of their St Georges Day shows for this year. Top class entertainers (better than some west end show I've seen - no seriously, they were!) And it was wall to wall stuff. No time to be bored here. The interval afternoon tea was beautiful - very fresh sandwiches, no skimping on the fillings and plenty for everybody, the most delicious cakes (well, it would have been rude not to eat some wouldn't it?) and tea or coffee as well.
I now intend to persuade some of my local friends to make up a party and try it out.
give it a go - you won't regret it.

2  Thank yiayia2jake
Reviewed 18 April 2019

We visited the Brick Lane Music Hall in Oct 2018 having had a recommendation that it was an enjoyable show. Incidentally they do put on different shows with different themes. If you wish to have a drink and therefore not drive the venue is 10mins walk from Pontoon Dock DLR station,otherwise there is parking available. The price for each show varies with meal included and there are lunchtime and eveningshows. The meal is quite adequate and there is of course a bar. Parts of the show(at least the show we witnessed) are definitely not for kids but the show was very funny,with some audience participation. All information on their website or by phone and book in advance.

Date of experience: October 2018