Open today: 10:00 - 17:00
Review Highlights
Great trip down memory lane

What a fabulous afternoon. Really delicious lunch followed by one of the best shows we have seen... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
frances b
London, United Kingdom
Great venue, we would definitely go back again.

This is a great venue, we have watched a few shows here, it’s well worth a visit. The shows are... read more

Reviewed 24 March 2024
Vanessa M

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Recommended experiences in and around London
from £29.81
from £41.00
from £49.42
from £13.59
1,244 results
All reviews afternoon tea vincent hayes old church adult panto wonderful afternoon front of house spend an afternoon west end pantomime cast jokes audience songs cockney performers comedy humour
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 May 2019

This place is a gem, well worth a visit for the panto - absolutely hysterical - I laughed till my ribs ached. They serve tea, cakes and sandwiches, and there is a bar. It’s in an old church, about 10 mins walk from Pontoon Dock DLR (City Airport DLR looks closer but bridge over rail line is closed so adds a 20 min walk).

Date of experience: January 2019
Reviewed 14 May 2019

The Music Hall atmosphere is fabulous in the converted church building with loads of colour and vitality. The performers excell with humour and singing of a high standard.

Date of experience: April 2019
Reviewed 7 May 2019 via mobile

Outstanding St George’s Show with an excellent 3 course meal for £50. All proceeds to AAA charity - what’s not to like? Well done Vince and team you are amazing.

Date of experience: May 2019
1  Thank stephanie n
Reviewed 4 May 2019

We had never been before and we were expecting a proper music hall and appropriate setting. What you get is a lovely church but decorated so badly with cheap tinsel( in April??) wobbly cheap chairs, crammed in like sardines, terrible sets( previous reviewer stated they look like a 5 year. So true) ,godawful cheap costumes... Singing ok sometimes, off key other times........Master of ceremonies/comic ok and funny at times but tended to take over the proceedings a bit.................and why spend so much time picking out certain members of the audience for special mentions and flowers? Afternoon tea...................well what can I say! No teapots on the tables...why not??Instead we were served by a grumpy older lady who poured you a cup from one of those industrial style old pots with tea written on the side! Sandwiches tasteless and no one on our table could make out what one of the fillings was! There is no way these are made on the premises. These are exactly what I have seen before when someone bought these for a work do from Costco. Cakes and scones looked nice but again tasteless. I am pretty certain that these are bought in and I am able to taste pre frozen/defrosted cakes and scones when I come across them . I can honestly say it was the biggest let down for me and my friend. It is not a music hall in any way shape or form. I feel robbed. I should have done my homework but it would not have helped as most of the reviews are bizarrely good!

Date of experience: April 2019
7  Thank patchmann
Reviewed 3 May 2019

My Mum (91) got for my Aunt Joyce’s 90th birthday treat lunch and St. George’s show at the Brick Lane Music Hall and I chaperoned them there.

It is set in an old church but there are no hard pews or cold drafts and definitely no boring sermon!

We had a great time, the food was really nice and the show had us singing in our seats.

I mentioned it was Auntie Joyce’s birthday to a very nice chap (the maître d?) who arranged for Vincent to read our her name in the interval and gave her some roses and took a photo which they gave to all three of us – a very nice touch; especially as we gave them no notice.

If you are reading this thinking about going, don’t hesitate, book it now!

Date of experience: May 2019