“ride London trip”

St. James' Court, A Taj Hotel
Ranked #173 of 1,078 Hotels in London
Reviewed 13 August 2014

What a wonderful hotel. Fab décor, fab staff, they couldn't have been more helpful. The room was lovely, we had booked a double and the room was set up as a twin, I rang down to reception and it was changed to a double in no time at all. Really comfy bed, lovely bedding. Room had trouser press, mini bar, iron and ironing board, robes and slippers, tea, coffee and biscuits. Lovely table set with 2 bottles of water, ice bucket ( that u filled from the ice machine in the corridor) and chocs. The bathroom had a bath, overhead shower, phone, radio, washing line, anti steam magnifying mirror, the biggest towels I have had in any hotel I have ever stayed in, more toiletries than you would ever need. Complimentary newspaper in the morning. The breakfast was served in the Bistro lovely large windows great for people watching, lovely breakfast, the only complaint we had was after our cereal, we went to the buffet to get our cooked breakfast, when we returned to our table it had been completely cleared. The staff apologised and quickly reset it. We had dinner in the court yard, it was fab (surroundings), hotel has 5 restaurants, all looked lovely. Cant wait to go back. 5 mins from Victoria train station, 7 mins Buckingham palace.

1  Thank Audrey H
MGR_SJCTAJ, Manager at St. James' Court, A Taj Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear Audrey H,

Thank you for your comprehensive review of your stay over what I can assume was the "Ride London" event weekend. The team and I are delighted to read that you had a great stay with both of the slight issues that you encountered were quickly resolved and rectified by the team and with minimal disruption or inconvenience. I cannot add too much more as your description of the room and facilities covers all that I can add.

Thank you again for the review of your stay with us.

St James' Court, A Taj Hotel

Write a ReviewReviews (3,712)

Reviewed 12 August 2014

As a frequent traveller (86 countries so far) you can imagine how many hotels I have stayed in but I have struggled to find a suitable London hotel that I can return to....until now. I am an Inner Circle member (Taj rewards scheme) and had the pleasure to stay at Taj Mahal Palace in Mumbai, quite possibly one of the top ten hotels in the world. While the Taj St James falls short of such an esteemed accolade, I can say my wife and I enjoyed our three night stay in a quiet room (577) which was quite a trek from he lobby and we hope to return late Feb 2015. The service was very good. Staff are courteous and friendly. The breakfast choice is superb, served very well by Bertold! The location couldn't be better. The negatives? I called for The Spa but they were too busy to talk to me, could I call back later? No thanks, I wanted to book two massages. The lobby bar is quite nice. Concerige very efficient and check in / check out was easy. Rooms were presented/serviced to a high standard and TV channels very good. We'll be back!

2  Thank GRT7V
MGR_SJCTAJ, Manager at St. James' Court, A Taj Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear GRT7V,

Thank you for your review following your recent 3 night stay with us. Whilst I agree that we cannot compete with the opulent beauty of our sister hotel in Mumbai, I am delighted that you enjoyed you stay and I hope to be your preferred hotel on future visits to London. I am disappointed regarding the service in the Spa and this will be addressed and corrected as a priority.

Thank you again for the review, we look forward to welcoming you back in February 2015.

Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

Very much enjoyed staying here over my birthday weekend. Staff were very helpful, friendly and made us feel important. The decor was more interesting than the standard, with a lovely courtyard. Room was a good size with very comfortable bed. Great location too, staying so close to Buckingham palace but very quiet location also. I hope to stay again.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank sunnysussex87
MGR_SJCTAJ, Manager at St. James' Court, A Taj Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear sunnysussex87,

Thank you for the review following your birthday weekend stay. The team and I are delighted to read that you had a great stay and enjoyed the room as well as the facilities available and this complimented the great location of the hotel well. We are delighted that you want to return and we hope it is not another year for this to happen.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

We stayed here for one night having secured an excellent deal. On arrival we found we had been upgraded. Our room was spacious and of a very high standard. All staff were very courteous and helpful.
We dis not eat at the hotel - breakfast is £27.50 per person but there is a good Pret a Manger just over the street. St James Park tube station is only 5 minutes walk and Westminster about 15 minutes.

Dear RJHNorthYorks,

Thank you for the review following your one night stay with us. Despite being a short break, we are delighted to have made such a positive impression on you. We hope to be your hotel of choice on any return stay to London.

Thank you again for the review and feedback.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

OK locations I walk to Westminster Abbey and Parliament. Good price, but you get what you pay for. Room was old and tired. Bathroom was anything but luxurious. Service was friendly and breakfast was very good. Will not be returning and will not recommend to friends and family.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Dear faarias,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. Despite the location of the hotel, you do not seem to be happy with your stay and I hope to resolve your issues and in particular review the room where you stayed. I have written you a private message and so we can continue our dialogue and resolve the issues that you have unfortunately encountered.

I hope to hear from you soon and thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

Really felt like a queen when we checked into this fab hotel and received complimentary coffee upon arrival. Staff were very courteous and professional especially Marcella in Bistro51 who brought me out a fantastic desert for my birthday.
Food was fab in Bistro51 & Bank Restaurant. Cocktails spectacular in Hamptons.
Disappointed in bedroom as our view was off a building site where they started to work at 7am, i know the building site was not the hotels fault.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Aine T,

Thank you for the review for your 40th Birthday celebration stay. The team and I were delighted to read that you had a great stay and found the service and facilities very much to your liking. I am pleased you enjoyed the restaurant and the special birthday treat that was presented to you. I am sorry about the construction noise that woke you up. They should not be starting that early and I will be addressing this with them again.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Beautiful hotel. Incredibly helpful and caring staff - Reception, Concierge and Bistro employees included. Our room was very nice and quiet. Bathroom was well stocked with plenty of towels and personal supplies. Front desk was very friendly and upbeat. Food in Bistro was excellent. Menu was extensive. Great location. Able to walk everywhere safely. Concierge gave great maps and directions.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank JNMMDCE

Dear JNMMDCE,

Thank you for the terrific review of your stay. We are delighted to read that all aspects of your stay were very much to your liking from the food and the room to the service provided by the entire team. There is not too much for me to add but hoping that you will return soon.