“My Hotel Chelsea” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #429 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“My Hotel Chelsea”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013

I love the My Hotel group and in particular the Chelsea one. it really is an oasis of calm within the bustle of London. Great situation, lovely staff and good feel to the place. I had a superior room which wasn't very different to the standard room I had previously, though complimentary mini-bar is a very nice touch. it is however, starting to look a wee bit tired (curtain rail falling off!) so some investment is required to keep it looking nice.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
astabeisyte, Guest Services Manager at My Chelsea, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Dear Chrissy6156,
Thank you so much for your lovely review and for your loyalty to myhotels group, in particular myhotel Chelsea. I am really happy to know you enjoyed our service as well as complimentary minibar in the Superior Room. Just to let you know that we started refurbishing our rooms, which is an ongoing project.
I look forward to welcoming you back to myhotel Chelsea. For you future booking please do not hesitate to contact me directly so you could enjoy your next stay even more.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

Nice location, clean, small room, very nice place, Priceline has it as a 4 star, it was a good 3 star with a 4 star price. Would go back again. Lots of good features of food and room service. Nice chain to rely on.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jeffery S
astabeisyte, Guest Services Manager at My Chelsea, responded to this review, 29 November 2013
Dear Jeffery S,

Thank you for you review and recent stay at myhotel Chelsea. I am glad you found the hotel nice and clean with lots of good features. Should you need any assistance with your future stay's arrangements please feel free to contact me directly.
Bristol, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2013 via mobile

I have always loved this hotel and have stayed here many times over the last 7 years. I love the ambiance, location, calmness and boutique feel of this hotel but on my last stay left feeling that management need to do some work. They should visit every room to snag things that need fixing. On my most recent stay the curtains were not hanging on all the hooks, I have had this in most rooms I have stayed in. The curtains also looked like they could do with a clean, both the main curtain and voile ones. Light flooded into my room from a window with no facility to block out the street light at night or the light on the outside of the hotel wall right by this window. My shower surround was broken, I had someone else's left over fruit left in the fridge ! There was no complimentary water in the junior suite ? There were only two tiny pots of milk with the tea and coffee facilities, there were no biscuits....little things that just make all the difference. One irritant is there are never any mirrors in the rooms, only small hand mirrors. I checked in with several colleagues and all complained that they didn't have a mirror on a wall anywhere so they could dry their hair or see to get ready. As the rooms are more feminine than masculine this lack of a mirror is surprising and really frustrating. There is only on street parking which is expensive in the day although there are a couple of car parks about 5-6 mins walk away. Food is very good and the staff are really lovely - a real positive at the hotel. It is just in need of some TLC and attention to detail in some areas to provide the sort of experience that you would expect from this standard of hotel.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank julienicola
astabeisyte, Guest Services Manager at My Chelsea, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Dear julienicola ,

Thank you for very much for taking time to review myhotel Chelsea. The feedback you provided is extremely valuable and important to us. I am glad to know that you like the ambience, calmness and boutique feel of the hotel. All the TLC issues that you have mentioned in your review have been addressed to relevant departments.I thought you might be interested in the fact that we are now in process of refurbishing our rooms. In regards to mirrors I just want to infor you that we do have full size mirrors in all our rooms, which are fitted on the bedroom door. I have shared your comments regarding the food and service with all the staff and they were really happy to know your feedback. I would like to thank you for being such a loyal customer and look forward to welcoming you back in Chelsea in the near future.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

This tucked away gem of a boutique hotel is a find you want to keep a secret. Located in the leafy suburb of South Kensington this small intimate hotel is far away from the hustle and bustle of central London and give you space to breathe and relax in quiet surroundings. I used the Lavender room for a training event and was bowled over by this delightful space with it's own outdoor terrace quipped with it's own water fountain. Great for special occasions and events. The service I received from Events Assistant Kim Irving was outstanding. She thought of things I needed and before I even asked and had them all in place. I wish more places went that extra mile in making sure that everything you need is in place. Generally the other staff were friendly and helpful. I wil definitely give this hotel business again.

Room Tip: I didn't stay the night.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear jackeeholder,

Thank you very much for such wonderful feedback. I am really happy to hear you enjoy our hotel and service you receive. I have passed your lovely comments to our team and they were really happy to hear it. I look forward to seeing you again at myhotel Chelsea in the nearest future. Should you require any assistance with your future bookings please feel free to contact me directly.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

Arrived last night about 8.30pm and waited about 10 minutes for someone to arrive at checkout. Eventually I had to call for someone to come out of the back room. Woke up late after a comfortable sleep, so in a real hurry. Not many people in the breakfast room, so I sat at may table and waited for one of the three staff to ask me what I would like to drink. No one came. I waited 10 minutes. Still no-one came. I had to ask for one of the staff to get me a coffee in the end. Not a hotel I'd recommend.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Checkettsr
ViktoriaVaradi, Manager at My Chelsea, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Dear Checettsr,

Thank you for your review and for forwarding your opinion about your stay. I wish you would have mentioned this before leaving this morning so we could have had the chance to prove our services and good will.
We apologise for the 2:08 minutes you had to wait at arrival and that you did not feel we offered the service you expected at breakfast. We investigated your comments and will take necessary steps as required to improve in the areas we feel appropriate. We will continue to maintain our good service levels and previous good comments.
Should you wish to further discuss this matter please do not hesitate to contact me directly.
myregards,

Viktoria Varadi
Hotel Manager
Madrid, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

I have been staying here for almost 4 months so far, always in business trips, each and every stay has been really good, due to the great location and mainly thanks to their always nice and supportive staff

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ViktoriaVaradi, Manager at My Chelsea, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Dear jackeeholder,
Thank you for your review of your recent event in Lavender at myhotel Chelsea. I am pleased you were satisfied with the services and the hotel, it was our pleasure to have you with us and looking forward to welcoming you back again.
myregards,
Viktoria Varadi
Chedworth
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

First time here. Great boutique hotel handy for the individual and interesting shops and restaurants that surround this area and Kings Road of course. Also good for west end. We had a Junior Suite, lovely decor, well appointed and found all of the staff very friendly and helpful. Parking close by at Chelsea Cloisters with a discount if you are staying at the hotel. Disappointed there was extra charge for a cooked breakfast, it was not much but when you are paying £250 per night..........Also, really funny actually - my wife wanted a boiled egg. Told it would be 20 -30 minutes as thats how long it took! Well they were right as it arrived after a while, hard boiled!! However, we will go back and work on trying to get an egg cooked in 3 minutes! Recommended but not for boiled eggs.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank PhillipN741
astabeisyte, Guest Services manager at My Chelsea, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Dear Phillip N ,

Many thanks for your lovely review and taking time to share it with us. I am really please you found the hotel handy and staff rriendly and helpful. With regards to room cost rate fluctuates during sifferent periods, so sometimes you might find a really good deal. Please check our website for special deals. I am dissapointed to find out you had to wait such a long time - I can assure you that this was a one-off and will not happen in the future. It's good to know that we can expect to see you in the future - I truly look forward to your next stay. Looking forward to welcoming you back in Chelsea.