“Beautiful room”
Review of My Chelsea

My Chelsea
Ranked #536 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Having just got back from out stay at this hotel I have to say we have had the best weekend possible here. The Thai Suite was beautiful and had everything you could possibly want in it. We will definitely be returning as soon as possible.

• Stayed: January 2014
astabeisyte, Guest Services Manager at My Chelsea, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Dear Chemgeeky,

Thank you for taking time to write a review on your recent stay. The Thai suite is a very special and unique room and I am glad you have enjoyed it. Looking forward for your next visit and if I could be of any assistance please feel free to contact me directly.

Reviewed 26 January 2014

Came down to stay with my family... and absolutely loved it.
It's a very cosy and warm hotel, not too big, not too small, the hotel staff are very attentive, smiling and helpful.. just ask and it gets done.. well managed, I bet. :)
Really enjoyed the neighborhood as well, quiet, private and within 5-10 min walking distance to the tube station, shops, bars and parks, so if you're looking for a romantic getaway with your other half or you're coming to the big city for business.. either way you will like it and you'll enjoy it.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask about any tips for sight seeing nicest places to see, what restaurant to go too.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Dear NFB86,

Thank you so much for your fantastic 5 star review on Tripadvisor. I am delighted to read you enjoyed your time with us and found our staff to be attentive , smiling and helpful. I hope to welcome you back at myhotel Chelsea in the near future.

Reviewed 25 January 2014

Unlike many of the recent reviewers we had a vey good sized room but we were in a junior suite, it had a separate sitting room that was very comfortable. The good thing we found was that the price of our room was comparable to that of a standard room in many other hotels in the area.
Really liked the style of the hotel if was nicely decorated in a modern style and quite chic.
The restaurant has recently been taken over by the Pellicano and whilst we only breakfasted I though the quality of the breakfast was good.
Our only issue was with little birds of maintenance in the room, our plug wouldn't come out of the sink and some light bulbs didn't work. The reception staff were very helpful and sorted out the lights but the problem with the sink needed someone with a bit more experience.
The really big thing for me though is the location, it sits in a quiet side street but is handy for Chelsea and Knightsbridge, it's about 150m from the Conran Building and shop and 5 minutes walk from the kings road. Harrods is about 15 minutes away.
Tip: I think you'd be hard pressed to beat this hotel for quality and value in the location it is - however I think I'd stump up the extra for a better room.

Room Tip: Go for the junior suites if you want more space
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
ViktoriaVaradi, Manager at My Chelsea, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Dear MikeManchesterUk,

Thank you for choosing to stay at myhotel Chelsea and for taking the time to leave us a review.
I was very happy to read that you enjoyed the style of our hotel as well as our new on site restaurant, Pellicano. I'll be sure to pass on your feedback to the restaurant team.
I am sorry that there were some maintenance issues with your room. I'm happy our front desk team were able to resolve some of them for you. I have spoken with the Maintenance department and forwarded your feedback.

I look forward to welcoming you back to myhotel Chelsea. For your future booking, please do not hesitate to contact myself directly so we can ensure your next stay is even more enjoyable.

myregards

Viktoria Varardi
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 16 January 2014

room comfortable but lacking any drawers for night/underwear.( Bedside cupboard a solid block!) Bathroom tiny, not enough room to swing a mouse let alone a cat! Restaurant very pricey. Ate at Landseer, the Bloomsbury Hotel,Great Russell Street for half the price. Not impressed at checkout to find that £50 had been taken from the card requested on arrival, and that, having to pay almost £102 for services at the hotel, were told that the £52 difference would be refunded to the card within 5 days! Having stayed at hotels worldwide have never previously encountered such a policy!

Room Tip: Avoid room No.11
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 January 2014

What a great location MyHotel Chelsea is in! It's touched away on a side street so it's not super loud. The lobby and bar area are super cute and were decked out very chic for Christmas all in an orange theme.

The draw back is the size of the room. So tiny you feel like you are in an oversized closet. However, if all you are doing is sleeping, the location is great for touring, shopping, going to museums. It's a quick trip back to dump shopping bags or take a quick rest. We got a great last minute deal on this hotel.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Dear TravelBug_99938,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on Tripadvisor. I am pleased you enjoyed the location and Christmas decorations at myhotel Chelsea. With regards to the room sizes I would like to inform you that we do have larger rooms such as Superiors and Suites available to book for more comfortable experience. Looking forward to welcome you back at myhotel Chelsea.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

VERY small room. Not reflective of pictures on their website.
Only space for 1 bedside cabinet as the other side of bed was along side the shower room door. Unable to turn down radiator so had to sleep with window open, not good when below flight path of Gatwick. Worst night sleep ever. other rooms so close can hear constant banging doors.
Decor old fashion however clean. Defiantly not 4 star, just about worthy 3 star.
Beware, receptionist insisted on taking £50 off card for extras although we said we would pay for any extras as we go. We stay in London hotels several times a year, Royal Horseguards, Waldorf, Hilton Green Park, The Bloomsbry, Pastena Chelsea Bridge to name a few, not one 'insist' on prepayment for extras.
Only good points, staff very pleasant & accommodating, very clean hotel. Good location.
Would we stay at this hotel again - definitely not!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 December 2013

Simple list of pros and cons:

PROS:
- Location: Chelsea is one of the best neighborhoods in London. You're very central to all attractions. You're close to public transportation. Plenty of great shops and restaurants nearby (not to mention you're in walking distance of Harrods). Plus the neighborhood itself is quiet - which is a nice break from the nuttiness of other parts of London
- Staff: Very friendly and accommodating. Great service.
- Atmosphere: It's a quaint yet modern boutique hotel . Very pleasant. Very clean hotel as well.

CONS:
My only complaint is about the rooms. So here it goes.

First, realize that if you are an American and accustomed to our hotels , then it is a general truth that rooms in the UK and continental Europe will run smaller than that to which you're accustomed . That's expected, but this hotel could make this situation better. For instance - our room was small and there was not enough room for our stuff so we had to live out of our suitcases for a week. The rooms were small, yes, but they could have made better use of the space to make it easier on us. Example - they had these two bulky non-matching night tables that could have easily been replaced with some more functional night tables with some drawers. That would utilize the space better. How about adding a small dresser in the room and getting rid of the large sitting chair that no one will use ?

Second, the bed and the pillows. Completely uncomfortable. Impossible to get a good night sleep. The bed was lumpy and the pillows were nearly as flat as pancakes. In fact, if not for the other positive points about the hotel, I would have given them 2 stars just on this because, if you can't get a comfortable night sleep , then why bother staying in the hotel ?

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple