“Comfortable Junior Suite”
Review of My Chelsea

My Chelsea
Ranked #531 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

A Good value comfortable clean hotel, the room is equipped with sky television, wifi and a well stocked complimentary mini bar (wine,beer, juices, tonic,coca cola and water) Very large comfortable bed. The staff are excellent and aim to please. Would I return? YES as soon as possible. I'm confident you won't be disappointed.

Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank hotelreviewforyooo
astabeisyte, Guest Services Manager at My Chelsea, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2014

Dear hotelreviewforyooo,

Thank you very much for your review of myhotel Chelsea following your recent visit. We are delighted that you enjoyed your experience and your comment has been shared with our staff. Once again thank you and looking forward to welcoming you back at Chelsea.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

We stayed in a junior suite with my 5 year old daughter for 2 nights. The room was nicely furnished with a very large comfortable bed, sky tv and a free mini bar. The whole suite was immaculately clean and the hotel provided bathrobes and slippers which was a really nice touch. A great hairdryer too was provided. The tea and coffee in the room was ample with lots of choice. We all enjoyed the breakfast in the hotel. There was a varied choice of continental and English breakfast and the waiting staff were very attentive and friendly.

We intend to return.

Room Tip: Our room 34 was great
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank sajanpam2014

Dear sajanpam2014
Thank you for your lovely review!
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. The Junior Suite is the most suitable choice when travelling with children indeed and it is so nice that you had time to try our breakfast as well.
We look forward to welcome you and your little lady back to myhotel Chelsea soon!

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Having a spotless comfortable room with easy access to shops, restaurants and the tubes made a first timers trip to London quite nice. The breakfast buffet provided a solid start for touring the town. Though gaining access to the hotel WIFI was troublesome in the mornings, it was more than adequate all other times. On evenings when there was not enough energy left for dinners out, the Pelicano Restaurant on site was quite elegant.

The included mini bar, breakfast and dinner allowance (not a full priced meal) made the upgrade to a Superior room quite worthwhile.

Both the Hotel and Restaurant staff were capable and helpful.

Having opening windows provided a welcome cool breeze, but unless you really appreciate the sound of a Ferrari launching down the road in the middle of the night you might leave them closed.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Charles M

Dear Charles
Thank you for taking time in reviewing your stay at myhotel Chelsea. We are sincerely pleased of having been your choice for your first visit to London and that our location, the room and the breakfasts were to your liking. The satisfaction of our guests is our reason to be and what we work for every day at myhotel Chelsea. In regards to the little trouble experienced with the Wi-Fi access in the morning, we will liaise with our IT department to improve our internet supply service. We would also recommend asking for a quiet room, it might help in case you wish to enjoy the fresh air coming through the window during the night. Even though, we must admit, to stop the sound of the Ferrari is beyond our means, yet…
Please do not hesitate to contact us should you require any assistance and we do hope you will chose myhotel Chelsea again in the future!

Reviewed 3 March 2014

We stayed here during our recent week-long visit to London. The location of this hotel was great for us and it was an easy walk to South Kensington Tube Station. This hotel is a classy place with excellent standard rooms & very comfortable beds. The staff was very helpful, friendly, and eager to please us. We ate breakfast at the hotel each morning. There was a large selection of food available to choose from and we could also order fresh cooked eggs, bacon, or ham. It was a very filling breakfast. The hotel also has a large lounge area that is a good place to sit and relax after a busy day, or read a book or use the Internet. I would highly recommend this hotel as it is certainly one of the best ones we have stayed at on our trips to Europe. It is a classy place!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Gary H
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Centrally located hotel in a quiet, upscale neighborhood close to transportation, bus and underground. Front desk, housekeeping, and restaurant employees were very professional, attentive and provided excellent service. Room was spacious, clean and comfortable. I would highly recommend this hotel and would gladly stay here again if I return to London.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Carol J
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I've stayed at My Hotel in Brighton, and couldn't wait to try it's sister hotel in Chelsea for a business trip.

They are very different.

Chelsea's My Hotel is very plush, pink and flouncy. Full of all the frills that you would expect from a fancy hotel - tea and coffee, fridge, desk, very large and comfy bed, with soft pillows (and plenty to spare!)

The room was large for London, bright and very clean. Large double wardrobe with iron and board. However, the tea and coffee tray, complete with Villeroy and Bosche cups was located on the top shelf of the wardrobe! Now, me being a 5 foot tall (almost) midget couldn't reach this down for myself and had to ask (!) for assistance!! Not cool at all.

I ordered takeaway to eat in my room, and the staff were very amenable and bought me plates, cutlery etc for me to dine in comfort. TV had very limited channels and no guide as to what was on.

Bathroom - I'm quite fussy; this was very plane, and understated (although it was clean) The bath had the shower over, and a lovely glass screen. However, in order to turn the taps on for the shower and/or bath, I had to push the screen toward the taps as the sink would not allow me to open it the other way! Again, being height-challenged, by pushing the shower screen inwards, I could not reach the taps - meaning I had to get in the bath to turn it on, and get out again to let it run! (I was not going to call for assistance with this also!!!)

Breakfast is minimal, and disappointing. Coffee, croissants, pan au chocolate and cereal with a handful of dried fruits, bananas and apples. Juice is served in a thimble also. (Being mobility-challenged, I also had to ask people to keep topping me up!)

Book this hotel if you are able, tall, don't eat much and like a comfy stay! It really was a lovely room (shame it was pink!)

Room Tip: Ground floor was good
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Hoobs
Reviewed 3 March 2014

The hotel was located an easy ten minute walk from the subway, District/Circle and Piccadilly lines, making it extremely convenient for the tourist as the Piccadilly gets you in from Heathrow and the District line gets you in to tourist sights. The room was large by London standards, and very clean. The bathroom was large, but the only issue was a poorly draining shower. The bed very comfortable and I loved being able to open the windows for fresh air and having it be quiet. The front desk was very friendly and willing to help with anything. The breakfast was outstanding, with superb coffee. I would stay here in a flash on my next visit to London.

Room Tip: Was on the fourth floor facing the street and it was very peaceful.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo