“They didn't inform us about the cancellation”

The Paddington Hotel
Ranked #876 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 24 June 2013

I made my reservation from Royal Court Apartments,which is the sister company of the Paddington Hotel, months ago before our trip to London. I found them through booking.com but when I wrote them to check if our requirements were ok from their side, they started to write me back and offered me a different alternative. So they made me cancel my reservation from booking.com and confirmed by booking via email. Then they didn't bother to inform me that they cancelled all of their reservations after a fire incident took place in March. Although they claimed that they did, they could not have the guts to show me the email that they sent to me. The only thing they could do was to show me an email address where they claimed to have sent the information to, which had nothing to do with my address. We were in London and had to deal with a reservation problem at the last minute with a larger budget. The manager in the Paddington Hotel was the person I had the email correspondence with but he didn't even accept his fault. Rather, he claimed that he informed me, which he could not prove at all. This is not business! This is not the way a company should treat to its customers! They put me and my family in a very difficult position at a time when we were supposed to have fun. This wasn't what I was expecting to see in such a civilized country!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Esra E
There are newer reviews for The Paddington Hotel

Reviewed 17 June 2013

Luckily, I just had to stay in this hotel for one night. Breakfast was terrible, beds uncomfortable, and the bathroom smelled so strongly of chemicals it gave me a headache to be in there for more than 2 minutes. There are other many other options near Paddington that are a much better experience for a similar price.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Chris H
Reviewed 9 June 2013

Decided to check this place out as we had been staying in chain hotels and getting ripped off. Here we booked head for one night for less than $140 Canadian, which is so cheap in London. This included a really good breakfast. The room was larger than we have had and the frig in the room was such a bonus. The staff were very helpful - stairs were an issue for some, but staff eagerly advertised that they would carry your luggage to your room. The hotel is close to the train station as well - we will stay again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2013

We were pleasantly surprised by the rooms at The Paddington, we hadn't paid much and so our expectations were realistic. Checking in, we were a bit apprehensive, as the reception was makeshift due to a fire, but the duty Manager was very pleasant. Our room was on the 3rd floor,
and very large. We had everything we needed, T.V, fridge, tea & coffee and ensuite.( Very small ensuite but as clean as a whistle.)The housekeeping staff were very good and it was cleaned daily. Breakfast was basic but plenty of it, and we were able to make arrangements on 2 mornings, to have it before the appointed start time, due to tour pick-ups.For less than $100 per room we thought it was great value.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2013 via mobile

We spend three nights here and really enjoyed! Super friendly service! I asked beforehand to get a room from ground floor and we got it. The room was bigger than we had expected and breakfast was good. And location is really good! A bed is a little hard and here are many stairs if you get a room from upper floor!

Reviewed 25 May 2013 via mobile

Not much to say. It is a room to stay, quite cold since the Windows are not really as they should be. The fridge is loud during the night, you just have to turn it off. The bathroom is tiny, but for one person it is enough.

The staff is absolutely friendly, the breakfast is just something to eat. Cheese, jam, toast, Joghurt, eggs.

But as I said, find something that is cheaper in this area... Most likely impossible. And the location is superb.

Reviewed 18 May 2013

so i booked this hotel as it was near where my graduate assessment centre was taking place and i wanted to get a good nights sleep and not have far to travel in the morning. whilst i didnt have far to travel, i didnt get a good nights sleep, i was woken up by at 4.30 and then at 5.30 by the pipes rattling, i couldn't get to sleep first of all as the curtains didnt fit the window and the room was extremely loud from the traffic outside. the website says that there is an iron and an ironing board in the room so i couldn't iron my shirt and when i tried to get hold of one they basically made no effort to find me one. so to sum up, don't go here, its s**t.

Room Tip: choose a different hotel
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business