“Staff where lovely”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Had to eat here as this is where our hotel served our paid upfront for breakfast..Paid for continental/cooked..we didn't get option, when seated it was a full cooked put in front of you.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Searching for a swift breakfast after a night on the tiles, my chum and I randomly popped into Il Gusto to give it a go.

Service was reasonable, the manager was very welcoming. Our waitress was unable to speak English (we heard her struggle with every single question from all 3 other occupied tables in the restaurant). She also got our order wrong. However, she was quite smiley and wore a low-cut top, so that was good.

Breakfast is reasonably priced, we opted for the £6.95 Special English Traditional Breakfast, with free tea / coffee or juice (I think that was the price anyway).

The food was delivered promptly (with lots of bending down :-) ).
Now, this is where I struggle to adequately describe the breakfast. It was generally OK. Sausages and bacon were fine, as were the baked beans. The 2 "fried" eggs were pretty horrible - way too overcooked and cooked in a circular manner, presumably using egg rings (see photo).
However, the oddest thing was the salad nestled in the middle of the baked beans - lots of lettuce and leaves looking like a dirty vegetarian protest. "There is too much meat on this plate, we must make it more healthy!" I would imagine the chef saying.
The dish was finished off with an ill-conceived half an uncooked tomato.

I do hope that the manager reads this review and ditches the salad......

Other than that - this restaurant for breakfast was generally OK.

Oh, I forgot to mention, I quite like the decor inside - wonderful photographs of Venice. It really livened up the interior space. Photo attached.

Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

We stopped there for breakfast , English breakfast for my partner and croissant for me. The cappuccino was horrible, the croissant was uneatable ( hard bottom - probably warmed in microwave ) and English breakfast was pretty sad, with untoasted pieces of bread and no butter. The whole thing for around 40 pounds. Ridiculous.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

After a long walk through Kensington Gardens ... My wife and I decided it was time for dinner.
and we were walking back to our hotel looking at prices and menus.
When we walked passed this restaurant and the owner/manager convinced us to stop and pull up a table.

We ordered Bruschetta, a pizza and two beers.

Prices were fair, service was good, and so was the food.

I was stationed in Spangdahlem AB Germany many years ago, and my wife and I used to go to this little Italian Restaurant down the road. This little restaurant brought back many memories.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Lunch offer displayed any pizza or pasta for £5.95. I had spaghetti bolognese my fiance had penne arabiata very nice fast service, clean, service charge included which bumped price up but we was ok with that