“Great Restraunt”

Cuisines: British
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: St. James's
Description: The tradition of taking tea and that little bit of something between lunch and dinner has long since been a feature at Fortnum & Mason. Our tranquil Diamond Jubilee Tea Salon was opened by HM The Queen and has since become a stylish destination for the most traditional of afternoon teas.
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Friendly welcome, great food and brilliant service.......except......when we sat at the table the previous occupants managed to spill marmalade onto the seat which my wife sat on! She moved round and used her tissues to clean the seat. The staff apologised but did not offer any recompense. Still it would not stop us going again. Great place.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,448)

Reviewed 18 August 2014

On the hunt for the ultimate London high tea experience, I reserved the Sunday afternoon tea for my husband and myself. The quality of the little cakes is excellent, the pianist is talented, and the servers are pleasant. The biggest negative, as others have pointed out, is the price. It is extremely expensive. We could have had several ordinary cream teas at other cafes for the price of a single "afternoon tea" here. But of course, Fortnum and Mason is not ordinary.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

I recommend booking before you go if you are with more than one. Beautifully presented and excellent service.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

Had such a lovely afternoon 'high tea' experience here. I've always wanted to come, and when my mother visited we made this on the to-do list. Although quite pricey, the atmosphere, service, food and the whole experience is worth the money I would say. We had the savory lunch menu which was tasty, but couldn't finish most of the cakes that we got at the end. We didn't want to waste the cakes so we asked for take away; when the server accidentally threw one cake away, he came to notify us and gave us new pieces of extra cakes! which wasn't necessary, but very considerate. This was definitely a perfect way to end my mother's trip in London, we were very pleased with the experience.

1  Thank Em_kobe
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Booked this to celebrate a friends wedding, however was disappointed with the service and so would not rush back. The food was good but it took quite a while to get our drinks and then the food. Have spoken to the managers about it and they assure me we were very unfortunate I hope that is the case for others who are due to go.