“Location & Space Top”

Ranked #31 of 837 Speciality Lodging in London
Bangkok/Zurich/London
“Location & Space Top”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

Over the last two decades the rent has gone up considerably, however, comparing the beautifully furnished, roomy and comfortable apartments with other Mayfair locations at even half the price this is still first choice. This is according to our selection criteria: we stay "home" a lot, want easy access to the parks and public transport, excellent restaurants in walking distance, and above all a nice place just like your own. If you just use the place to sleep in it is not necessary. The service is good, friendly and efficient. During our annual stay in London we shall again stay in Arlington House and hope the prices are not increased, even though all the major banks have branches in the vicinity! If you like to see green trees choose any apartment with "Parkview" if you like lots of light and an airy place ask for the top floor.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Arlington H, General Manager at Arlington House, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Thank you very much for you wonderful review on your recent stay with us here at Arlington House. We really appreciate you taking the time to do this and of course we are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and especially the apartment and the view from the living room and bedroom.

That is indeed one of the benefits of being on the top floor on the south wing of the building that you get that wonderful panoramic view of some of the main attractions in the city.

We very much look forward to welcoming you both back next year and we will do out best to allocate the same apartment for you. Let us know when you have finalised your dates.

GENERAL MANAGER

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Arabic first
La Jolla
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013

We had lots of space in our apartment and the location was terrific. The apartment was very clean and we enjoyed having a nice living room to lounge around and eat dinner. Some funny experiences in the apartment with the kitchen electricity going out when we were cooking dinner. They had to keep turning it on just so I could finish cooking our meal. There was not one spice ( not even salt and pepper - no sugar ) in the kitchen, so if you are staying there, bring your favorites from home. No paper towels and no Kleenex. There is a microwave but the plates have metal in the ceramic so you can't use them in the microwave. Clearly whomever decorated the apartments didn't have a clue.
They have a nice coffee press and a tea kettle, so breakfast was easy. We would stay there again now we know what we need to bring with us.

Room Tip: The hotel was very quiet... I would imagine all the rooms to be good.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank victoriaLaJolla
Arlington H, General Manager at Arlington House, responded to this review, 10 October 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with us on your recent stay here at Arlington House Apartments.

Overall I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and with the exception of a few issues, you found the accommodation and services met with your expectations.

I am not sure about the issue with the electricity unless some appliance was faulty or had water spilt on it !

I note your comment about "spices". with a very diverse range of nationalities staying here this would be a difficult decision but in terms of salt & pepper I will follow up on that suggestion. We will look at the possibility of providing the Kleenex and kitchen towelling as you commented on as well. We value our guest feedback greatly and welcome any suggestions if it will ultimately have some benefit for other guests.

I very much look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit and please feel free to contact me directly to secure your reservation.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

I've previously stayed in hotels where the rooms were not up to standard and worth little of the money that I have forked out. However, the same cannot be said for Arlington House as I received excellent cleaning service from the housekeeping team.

Travelling around from the hotel was simple as it is centrally located and is practically on the doorstep of Bond Street and Oxford Circus. Check-in service was fairly easy and the rooms were comfortable and aesthetically pleasing.

Overall, would really recommend staying at this hotel!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Arlington H, General Manager at Arlington House, responded to this review, 30 September 2013
Thank you very much for sharing your recent experience with us relating to your stay here at Arlington House Apartments.

I was delighted to read your review and was so pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay and that accommodation provided met with your expectations.

Without question we have a great location and as you said everything is on your doorstep or with in easy walking distance.

I will be sure to share you positive feedback with the Housekeeping Team.

Thank you again and I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back to Arlington House on your next visit to London.

edinburgh
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013

I will start with the good part - the apartment was superb. It was roomy, well laid out and very clean. We had 2 bedrooms one of which had an en-suite bathroom, a sitting room plus a kitchen and a second bathroom. It was well decorated and very comfortable. The location was great and there are many good bars and restaurants in the area.
On the down side the greeting we got on checking in was appalling! We arrived at 1.30 to be told that our apartment was not ready which was not unexpected but we were also told that the previous guests had not checked out yet and he had no idea how long it would be. When asked if he could give an estimate of how long it would be he just shrugged his shoulders and
said it could be 5 0r 6 oclock. As check in time was 2.00 we said that this was not acceptable and only then did he agree to contact the office. After a short wait a manager came down and said we could have a different apartment which would be ready by 2.45 which we were happy with. The guy on reception made no attempt to redeem the situation or offer to keep our bags .
We formed the impression over our 5 day stay that they were not particularly interested in guests from the uk as opposed to overseas visitors who were maybe staying longer.
The apartment we were allocated was number 67 which is at the front of the building and we discovered the downside at 7.30 on our first morning when noisy construction work began.
It transpired that there are 3 separate lots of construction at present - two across from the entrance and one right next door which was just under our apartment. Although this is not the
fault of Arlington House it impacted on our stay as any time spent in the apartment during working hours were not particularly pleasant due to the noise. It may well be that apartments at the back of the building are not affected by this.
On reflection these apartments although fairly expensive are good value for money and i would stay there again in the future despite the attitude of the check in staff.

Room Tip: Check if construction is going on and get a room away from the noise
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank fergus7edinburgh
Arlington H, General Manager at Arlington House, responded to this review, 26 September 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us on your recent stay here at Arlington House Apartments.

Firstly thank you for your very positive comments on the apartment and I am glad you at least liked the accommodation provided. However I must firstly apologise for the conduct of our associate who greeted you and handled your check in on arrival. This behaviour is totally unacceptable and I will most certainly be following up on this with the individual concerned.

Regarding the noise element I can understand your frustration here and as you stated I have no control over this. In London unfortunately one is never far away from some construction but I do agree it can be a disturbance if you wish to spend sometime in your apartment during the day time. Yes on the Garden/Park side the apartments are totally quite and away form any noise as they are all on the back of the building overlooking the Garden and Green Park.

I take on board your comments regarding the attention given to Longer staying guests. I was not aware of this but I will discuss with the team your observations.

I am however delighted that this not so great experience will not deter you from staying with us again. I would be delighted to upgrade your accommodation on your next visit to a quite apartment overlooking the Garden. If you would like to contact me directly I would be more than happy to take care of the arrangements for you.

I look forward to meeting you on your next visit to Arlington House and in the meantime if I can be of any further assistance then please do not hesitate to let me know.

south west france
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2013

I've never stayed in a serviced apartment before so didn't know what to expect. A bit like a rather soulless hotel with invisible staff. Beds very comfortable and good bathrooms, although ours, at the far end of the corridor was hardly en suite. Housekeeping not 100%, kitchen floor had hairs and fluff in one corner on arrival and cooking implements were pretty basic (e.g. No small sharp knive anywhere) No housekeeping at weekends which I found a bit strange. Outside courtyard rarely open as it had been raining and it would be slippy!!! (symptomatic of UK Health and Safety these days I suspect)
On the plus side, good location next to the Ritz, tube and buses, very close to a M&S Simply Food, a Sainsbury's and a couple of Pret shops which meant not much cooking had to be done. The chaps on reception were pleasant and helpful. As we had a nearly two year old with us it was great being able to prepare his meals as and when necessary and it was all just less hassle than staying in a hotel with set restaurant hours. Would certainly return.
Note to Management: a directory of local restaurants that deliver in the evening would be a great improvement.... or does Dial A Dinner as in Hong Kong not exist in London?

Room Tip: There are rooms with balconies and ground floor rooms facing onto the courtyard...would choose one o...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Arlington H, General Manager at Arlington House, responded to this review, 24 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share with us your recent experience on your visit to Arlington House Apartments.

As I don't have any details on you or which apartment you stayed in or your booking process I therefore don't have all the details relating to your reservation. When you talk about a bathroom an the end of the hallway I assume you stayed in one of our street facing 2 bedroom units. One of the bathrooms is en suite the other at the end of the hallway. Only our 2 bedroom garden facing units have both bathrooms en suite.

Whether you make your booking on line or through some other 3rd party in our terms & conditions we outline the levels of service we provide i.e. housekeeping 5 days per week and linen & towels changed weekly. This can be done more frequently but there would be a charge for this.

We are not a hotel and cannot strive to operate like one so our services are limited. Our aim is to provide a residence in Central London both for long stays and short stays for which the expectations of both may vary. So we are aiming to be in the middle ground somewhere. If someone wants a hotel environment and all the services that go with it then apartments are not your option.

I am delighted however to read that the accommodations suited your needs especially as you say you have a young child. The garden is not necessarily off limits but we do have apartments on the ground floor and we need to be mindful of that, however as you said weather is often a bigger issue.

Thank you again and I very much hope we can welcome you and your family back to Arlington House Apartments on your next visit to London.

If I can be of any further assistance then please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Johannesburg
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

I highly recommend this self catering apartment as it is well positioned - 10 min walk from Piccadilly and Oxford Circus and on the doorstep of Bond Street.
The rooms are comfortable and have been adequately furnished for a traveler or monthly visitor.

The only reason for the very good rating was as a result of their lazy cleaning service provided by a gang of people, who I must admit, don't to a great job of cleaning i.e. bathroom floors not mopped and beds made like my 12 year old nephew-made-it. As probably will be used by the office who replies to Tripadvisor, this is a self catering apartment and not a hotel, but you do wish if a service is going to be provided that it would be done correct and at the standard that the room is provided.

Just one more thing - try find a more competitive internet service provider GBP 7 is expensive in a country such as Britain.

POSITIVES:

Great location
Easy to find
Ideal for long stay

NEGATIVES:

Housekeeping needs motivation
Expensive wireless

Room Tip: Stayed in 72 and it was quite and well equipped for two people. Green Park Station is a win Strict...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Arlington H, General Manager at Arlington House, responded to this review, 19 September 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us on your recent visit to Arlington House Apartments.

Overall I was delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us unfortunately I was indeed very disappointed to read about the service provided by our Housekeeping Team.

Please do accept my apologies for this and I am very sorry for the inconvenience caused. I have already shared your comments with our Housekeeping Management Team and a programme of retraining will commence today. You are absolutely right the service should reflect the standard of The accommodation and even though we are not a hotel this is not the level of Housekeeping we aim to provide.

We are in the process of reviewing our pricing strategy for the internet and I take on board your comments.

I do hope this experience will not deter you from choosing Arlington House on your next visit to London.

Thank you again and if I can be of any further assistance then please do not hesitate to let me know.

New Delhi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

It's got a great location! Overall value for money! They could do with adding a Gym as its a basic requirement for all now! Tho there's no reception the service of the porters is excellent! Would choose to stay here again!

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Maggie

Thank you very much for sharing your experience and feedback with us on your recent visit here at Arlington House Apartments. I was delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the accommodations lived up to you expectations.

I do hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back on your next visit to London.