“A fun way to spend an afternoon”

My Chocolate Workshop
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“A fun way to spend an afternoon”
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Took my wife as a (very) late Christmas present for the standard workshop. The place was easy enough to find and there were about 24 people in our session.

We started with an introduction / history to chocolate and got to taste a few different varieties. We then moved on to the actual making which was fun and gave us a chance to be creative.

Overall, it was a pleasant experience and a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon. My only feedback comment would be that the person leading the workshop could have spent more time walking around the tables and helping to correct people when they were going wrong. Our chocolatier, Davis, was excellent though and made the experience that much more enjoyable.

Ideal for a present for a partner.

Visited January 2014
2 Thank Fillmein777

Gilsland, United Kingdom
59 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 122 helpful votes
“Fabulous fun, and very silly!”
Reviewed 31 December 2013

This was a Christmas gift for us, though we waited a while for a suitable date to use the voucher. Booking was very easy. A little tricky to find the event, and you do have to wait in a small concrete corridor until the Chocolatier is ready for you. But once in the session, groups of strangers quickly became friends, with a great sense of competition across the tables. The hosts and the chocolatiers were incredibly informative - we learned loads about history, recipes, techniques. Our evening session was very alcohol fuelled (the fizz just kept flowing!) but I think that was a reflection on our group, and a different mix of people might be less raucous. At the end of a fascinating couple of hours we all came home with enough chocolate to be able to give some to the people who'd bought the session for us. Brilliant - highly recommended - would go back again tomorrow if we could!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Heavenl1y
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Fantastic and informative”
Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

I was taken by my boyfriend as a birthday treat. The staff were most helpful and knowledgable. We went through a history of chocolate, various types and created martinis and truffles. It was a fantastic evening and we will definitely attend a cupcake making session run there also.

2 Thank Amber123479
Oxford, United Kingdom
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 156 helpful votes
“Really impressive, enjoyable and learnt a lot too!”
Reviewed 17 November 2013

This was a birthday gift for me and what a brilliant choice! We found a great pub just along the road prior to arrival as there isn't really anywhere to wait if you arrive early. We were greeted by a very welcoming female host and then met the Chocolatier himself (really sorry I can't remember your name). The course was really well run, fun and informative. They had some good music playing in the background too which added to the atmosphere on a Saturday night. The chocolate Martins were delicious and easy to make but I was a bit disappointed we didn't learn how to decorate the glass as that was on our itinerary. All the recipes are available on their website so you can relax and enjoy the evening without having to remember the quantities etc. We made some fabulous chocolate and wrapped/boxed them beautifully. We also had a lovely unexpected surprise at the end, which I won't spoil for you all..! They were generous in all aspects and no skimping on anything. Thoroughly recommend to anyone, I can honestly say I think anyone who likes chocolate would really enjoy it, any age. I'm going to see if we can find a course to bring our children to, minus the alcohol!!! Thanks guys, your doing a great job and we will recommend to all our friends too.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank DirecttheSail
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A fantastic chocolatey experience!”
Reviewed 3 October 2013

When I first signed up for a chocolate making workshop, I did not know what to expect. However, fortunately, the workshop proved to be a fab experience. The teacher was informative and funny and gave us a lot of freedom with the chocolate, making for a hilarious afternoon. The workshop was really great fun, well run and relaxed. I definitely felt that I got my monies worth, both for the quality of the workshop and the large bag of chocolate I got to take home. I will definitely be doing this again, and bringing friends!

Visited September 2013