“Underwhelming, over priced food”
Review of The Woolpack

The Woolpack
Reserve with OpenTable
The Woolpack is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5,493 of 22,564 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Drinks, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Southwark
London, United Kingdom
“Underwhelming, over priced food”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Nice enough pub, but the food is high on price and low on quality. £12 will get you a hot-dog bap with pork covered in a chipotle sauce, that I'd expect to find served in a fast food restaurant, four lettuce leaves, and a handful of chips. I'd be polite if I said the food was average; the price was bordering on offensive. Underwhelming.

• Visited May 2014

Oxford, United Kingdom
“Excellent food, dog-friendly, lovely atmosphere”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We were so pleased to find a dog-friendly pub in this area of London, and wondered if we would have to compromise on quality because of it - but the Woolpack was really lovely. Friendly staff, nice atmosphere, good beers available, and the food was impressive. It's rare to find good pub food but this has the balance right. Chips in particular were generally reviewed as exceptional, and all our meals were delicious.

Would highly recommend.

• Visited April 2014
LONDON
“lovely boozer with a nice garden”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

this is a gem of a pub, its old fashioned but with a modern twist and the garden is a great place to spend a sunny evening.. recommended!

Visited July 2013
London
“Bad service. Bad food. Terrible smell.”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I went to the Woolpack with friends a few months ago and was really impressed with the food we had. So, today we thought we would go back again as it seemed like a safe bet.
Unfortunately, it felt like a completely different pub. I ordered drinks and food at the bar from a barmaid who barely made any eye contact, just took my money without a word or smile. Not a great start. Someone suggested that they were maybe just stressed because it was Easter but the place really wasn't that busy at all. How hard is it just to be pleasant? I received a poorly poured pint of Guinness and took it back to my table to wait for the food.
When our food arrived, it was again presented without a word (a different waitress this time). No 'Enjoy your food', or 'do you need anything else?' My burger was overcooked and dry.
And - the place smelt awful! Unfortunately I had already ordered our food before I sat down and noticed it.
I don't know what has happened to this bar but it's a real shame. I won't be rushing back.

• Visited April 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Bermondsey Local”
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Really good pub that is cosy in winter and fantastic sheltered beer garden in summer. Has good gastro-pub meals, decent ales, cocktails and is dog friendly. Staff are consistently excellent and we have been regulars fo a number of years.

• Visited January 2014