“Local pub near London Bridge worth seeking out”
Review of The Woolpack

The Woolpack
Ranked #6,070 of 23,713 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Southwark
Description: The Woolpack is a gem of a pub, serving awesome locally sourced craft beers as well as craft beers from around the World. Our Food offer is simple, British Classics and small plates for grazing- and an Epic Sunday Roast. Our Garden is one to boast about and is open year round with the addition of heaters and it is covered to keep you dry and warm.
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

Smart local gastro-type pub, short walk from London Bridge. Small selection of draught beer. Keenly priced food (fish & chips, hot dogs etc) around £10 a main course. Well work seeking out.

1  Thank StephenWaddington

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Nice enough pub, but the food is high on price and low on quality. £12 will get you a hot-dog bap with pork covered in a chipotle sauce, that I'd expect to find served in a fast food restaurant, four lettuce leaves, and a handful of chips. I'd be polite if I said the food was average; the price was bordering on offensive. Underwhelming.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

We were so pleased to find a dog-friendly pub in this area of London, and wondered if we would have to compromise on quality because of it - but the Woolpack was really lovely. Friendly staff, nice atmosphere, good beers available, and the food was impressive. It's rare to find good pub food but this has the balance right. Chips in particular were generally reviewed as exceptional, and all our meals were delicious.

Would highly recommend.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

this is a gem of a pub, its old fashioned but with a modern twist and the garden is a great place to spend a sunny evening.. recommended!

Reviewed 18 April 2014

I went to the Woolpack with friends a few months ago and was really impressed with the food we had. So, today we thought we would go back again as it seemed like a safe bet.
Unfortunately, it felt like a completely different pub. I ordered drinks and food at the bar from a barmaid who barely made any eye contact, just took my money without a word or smile. Not a great start. Someone suggested that they were maybe just stressed because it was Easter but the place really wasn't that busy at all. How hard is it just to be pleasant? I received a poorly poured pint of Guinness and took it back to my table to wait for the food.
When our food arrived, it was again presented without a word (a different waitress this time). No 'Enjoy your food', or 'do you need anything else?' My burger was overcooked and dry.
And - the place smelt awful! Unfortunately I had already ordered our food before I sat down and noticed it.
I don't know what has happened to this bar but it's a real shame. I won't be rushing back.