“Good value reasonable quality”

Speedy's Sandwich Bar & Cafe
Ranked #600 of 22,544 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Hertford, United Kingdom
“Good value reasonable quality”
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

Visited as part of a Sherlock walk around London. Kids really enjoyed it. Food is basic but represents good value. Mainly eat for the location but was not disappointed.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Lovely breakfast”
Reviewed 17 February 2014

We have just returned from London and would like to tell other people about Speedy's. We went there for our breakfast 2 out of the three mornings. Everything was fresh and well cooked. The prices are very reasonable also. Well worth finding this little cafe. The staff were very attentive and we would definitely return when in london.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank teresa42
“Brilliant value for money, and a must-see for any BBC "Sherlock" fan!”
Reviewed 2 February 2014

My friend and I visited Speedy's yesterday as we are huge fans of "Sherlock" and wanted to stake out the area that the show is filmed in. There was a short wait, but this was absolutely fine as everyone was very friendly and the staff were extremely welcoming, helpful, and accommodating. Once inside, we were served right away, choosing a traditional English fry-up, and this was brought to us within 5 minutes. This cafe lives up to its name! The food was delicious, more so than I expected it to be, and at around £4, it was a steal. The only thing I would say that it is EXTREMELY small, so if you're not a fan of being very close to the other people around you and being a bit squished, you may want to check it out first before deciding to eat in here. But I have absolutely no complaints - I almost liked being so close to the others around me because most of them appeared to be "Sherlock" fans too. There were even a few cosplayers!

Overall, this is a must-see for any fan of the show. There are cute, little drawings and photos on the walls of the cast & crew of "Sherlock". The staff are absolutely wonderful, the food is delicious and great value for money, and the atmosphere was lively and homely. I really liked it!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Jade G
Gosport, United Kingdom
“Great value and great food”
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Thought we'd have a quick snack as we were in the area, and glad we did. A lovely fried breakfast....good choice and variation and pretty good value too. Expected the prices to be inflated due to the Sherlock link, but pleasantly surprised they weren't....good on you Speedy's!

• Visited January 2014
“Amazing breakfast”
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Came here because this is one of the most well-known sites for filming BBC's Sherlock. The Speedy's breakfast was, however, unexpectedly delicious. After having traditional English breakfast for a week, I was glad that I had Speedy's breakfast during my visit in London.

• Visited January 2014