“A steak to die for”

The Bull Steak Expert
Reserve with OpenTable
The Bull Steak Expert is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #155 of 23,381 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$20 - US$53
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Holborn
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Most reviews of this restaurant are extremely positive and having eaten there last night I can see why. Let's talk service: it could not have been better. Having eaten at very high end establishments, this matched their standards. It was discrete and yet very effective. But you want to know about the food I guess. I think although the name gives it away, they are experts at steaks, they seem to prep all the elements beautifully. From the starter and the amuse bouche through to the delicious dessert. Yes, it is not cheap, but then I don't want cheap as there lies the road to poor quality. I will certainly return.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

This restaurant has the best steaks I have ever had. Far far better than in Argentina! Beware, you need to book up unless you go very early. It's not cheap, but it's worth it!!!

Reviewed 16 May 2014

I was looking for a romantic place for my partner and whilst there is a wealth of Italian and a few Greek restaurants in the area, but I found this by chance and thought it a much better choice; It's different and it had candles, ideal :-]

I had Fillet and my other half had Lamb for mains, with Aubergines and Steak Tartar for starters. Quite simply all the food was incredibly tasty! We had a Malbec, one of the cheapest bottles and, to be honest, I don't think you need anything more expensive as our selection was perfect once it had breathed for a few mins.

It's true the place is not that cheap, but we did not feel cheated at all. I would say that, realistically, you are looking at £45/person if you have steak.

Annoyances: They added 12.5% service charge automatically which I asked them to remove. There were three guys there just having wine and coffee and they were VERY noisy, but the place carries the noise a LOT, so, frustrating! Once they left, It was PERFECT!!

Reviewed 14 May 2014

I love this restaurant, the food is amazingly good. Brought friends for a birthday treat, they loved it too. Heaven on a plate!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

My wife and I ate here for a pre-theatre dinner. The food was mediocre and the service was too. The steak was extremely undercooked to our liking and we were afraid to send it back due to the service and needing to get to the theatre. It gets such great reviews, so perhaps we don't have a taste for argentinian steaks. I'd be open to trying it again, maybe we just hit it on a bad night. If you are going to eat here, allow plenty of time.