“Bad night”
Review of Cacciari's

Cacciari's
Reserve with OpenTable
Cacciari's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,323 of 23,571 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: South Kensington
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Had dinner with my wife. Appetizer was good. Then waited 40 minutes for entree. My wife is on a gluten free diet, so it took a long time to get her meal. After we waited 30 min for our food, I asked why it was taking so long. The server responded that our first server should have told us it would be a while before we got our food. It took so long to get our food, that the people next to us were wondering why they finished their meal before we were even served. We only arrived a couple of minutes after them. Anyways, to make it worse, my lasagna arrived hot on top, and stone cold (just like it would out of the fridge) in the middle. I told them to take it back. They comp'd the lasagna and took another 10% off the bill! which I was ok with. Not a great dining experience, but to be fair, they didn't charge for bad food and discounted the entire bill for the inconvenience.

1  Thank doganabeer

Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

Be careful as to the amount of food you expect. 5 raviolis, but the spaghetti size was fine. Good tasting food but on the pricy side.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

On our way back to South Ken tube from meeting with friends and family, we passed by this restaurant and decided to pop in for a quick meal. It was about 10.30pm on Friday night but it was very busy and they happily showed us to a table. I ordered salmon and my husband ordered breaded chicken escalope. We had bread and olive oil to start with (which was the best part of the meal!). We asked to be moved as the people at the next table were quite drunk and shouting and swearing and we could not hear ourselves talk. Anyway, I don't hold the restaurant responsible for that. When the food arrived, my husband's chicken escalope was so dry it was almost desiccated and he couldn't eat it. My salmon was only cooked at the ends of the fillet, the main part was completely raw. We sent the food back and the waiter who was very nice, asked if we wanted anything else, to which we replied 'no' and he took 15% (about £5) off the bill. The waiting staff were very pleasant and we had no issue with them at all, but whoever does the cooking needs to be sent on a course, because I can produce better Italian food myself at home.

1  Thank Lucytravelot
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We were staying in the area, and just happened by at lunchtime. My wife ordered lasagna and I ordered pasta carbonara. When the food arrived, it was two lasagnas. When I pointed this out to the server (who didn't seem to understand what I was saying), she fetched another person who asked me if I was sure that I hadn't ordered lasagna. In the end, my pasta was delivered 15 minutes later. The lasagna had a strange chemical taste to it, and my pasta was flavorless, congealed mass. All-in-all, a wretched dining experience. There's a Pret a Manger just down the street - eat there.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

Very cosy and small restaurant in the heart of south kensington, very nice atmosphere, friendly staff, great food, i really suggest piadina tipical italian sandwich and homemade pasta.