“Excellent serviced apartment in Canary Wharf” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
City Nites Serviced Apartments, London
Ranked #424 of 828 Speciality Lodging in London
Canton of Zurich, Switzerland
“Excellent serviced apartment in Canary Wharf”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2013

We stayed here for two nights in May, and completely fell on our feet with City Nites. Whilst the actual apartment was hard to find, and there could have been more guidance on this from the owners, the actual apartment was top notch.

The one bedroom apartment had a modern décor, was clean and spacious and had a lovely view over the city. The kitchen was fantastic, as was the patio where we enjoyed breakfast one morning.

The location is also close to the dock and Greenwich, and there are some lovely walks to be had across the area. For the price, I don't think there are many places in London that would offer such a good experience.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Luke W

Families
Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
London, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2013

I stayed here for a birthday celebration in Jan with a Groupon deal (2nights for £129).
The booking process was long - they dont take email bookings- they ask you to buy on Groupon, then phone for availability then email for written confirmation of request date. They took payment, and waited until I was able to finally talk to someone ... 2days later, only for them to tell me, although I was told it was available, it's actually isn't. No email, no phone call or nothing, which was a problem as the booking was made for that week.
I had to speak to the Manageress, Dee who was able to find my booking, which was available,and allocate me accordingly.

Finding the place by car is terrible, the sat nav did not pick up the new development address, the people on the other end of the phone couldn't direct me, as the head office is in Birmingham and the London office asked me to call back, even though I was outside,

Once I arrived, the guy acted quite dodgy as he "had to take a picture of my ID on his camera phone" ?!!?

Anyway, once I got to my 13th floor apartment, it was beautiful!
Floor to ceiling windows, balcony, white goods on the kitchen, entertainment system etc. Absolutely lovely, the photos don't do the place justice,

I didn't want to leave. The flat had its own wireless router, storage, reception.. everything you could ask for... WELL - apart from a change of sheets. They charge £11 if you want to change sheets more than once every three days if you are staying for a week, but you can ask if they can leave the sheets so you can do it yourself,...
But I did call and ask... five times.. but no avail.

Location is great 4min walk from South Quay DLR Station, a Tesco right outside and a SPAR not too far away.

A perfect holiday location in the city,

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank B2CS
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2013

I stayed here for two nights through Groupon in December and was completely blown away by the standard of these apartments. The entire process was seamless from booking through to check in and then check out. It was a breat of fresh air in comparison to stuffy and overprices hotels that we have stayed in in the capital before.

The apartments are much bigger than I had previously imagines and come with everything you could need. I walked in and said to my boyfriend 'I wish we lives here!'.

The location is second to none, really easy to get around the city and the staff are also really friendly and helpful.

I would (and have!) thoroughly recommend the apartments to everyone I know that is staying in London in the near future.

Thanks City Nites for a lovely weekend :)

Room Tip: We had a room on a corner which had floor to ceiling windows and was very bright and airy
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Kat882
Kidderminster
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2012

This was our second weekend stay with City Nites London and have regularly stayed at the Birmingham apartments as well. Having stayed in other London hotels with a similar and often more expensive rate than City Nites I can categorically say that this is by far the best and the only place we will be staying when we visit again!

The location in Aldgate is great with tube stops within easy walking distance from the apartments. It's just a short walk to Tower Bridge and other nearby sights and handy for Spitalfields market. The apartments themselves are spacious, beautifully furnished and super clean! Each time we have stayed the check in staff have been really friendly and efficient.

We can't wait to come back there soon. Keep up the good work City Nites!

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Will B
Dorset
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2012

This was so much nicer than a hotel. It was a home from home. Pack bacon and eggs and cook it yourself for breakfast. So much better than having to get up, get dressed, go find a cafe.... It's also very handy for the o2 Arena - just one tube stop. The apartment was spotlessly clean - with tea, coffee, sugar, milk, dishwasher tablets and everything you will need. Very well thought out. There is a building site nearby but it didn't bother us. We didn't hear them working and we had a balcony overlooking the site. I loved our one-night stop and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
Isle of Wight
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2012

We arrived slightly early before check in which was at 3pm. We were met by a city nites representative. We were allowed to leave our bags in our room as the room wasn't ready, which was good as we wanted to head into London center. When we came back everything was just as you would expect. The rooms were spacious and very clean and done to a good standard. The apartment was only a short 10-15 stroll to canary wharf station which was perfect. The only downside was the building site next door which would wake you up not too early in the morning. All in all i would recommend this place to any who is going to London for a few days.
With the train only a short distance away you can get to any where in a short amount of time. It took us about 25 mins to get from the apartment to the center of London. You can't really ask more then that.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Kenny C
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2012

I regularly stay at City Nites Canary Wharf. I only wish I had discovered this company before. The accomodation is first rate, excellent services, free wifi, fully equipt kitchen etc. Most importantly for me, it is in a safe location and you are met by their concierge and escorted to your apartment.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business