“Great photograph course”

Walk and Talk Photography Tour
London, United Kingdom
“Great photograph course”
Reviewed 28 February 2013

My girlfriend got a NX20 for Christmas and wanted to take a course so she could learn more about the different functions on the camera and how to take interesting shots. I booked us onto the St Paul's and Southbank tour and was particularly attracted to Walk and Talk photograph because you learnt and practiced taking shots as you walked around rather than learning in a classroom. Deborah went through the basics in a cafe, before we headed out to take different shots of St Paul's, abstract art, the millennium bridge and along the Southbank to London Bridge. Deborah was really good at teaching us different techniques and functions on the camera and how to take photos from different aspects. She also pointed out ways of taking photos we hadn't thought of. I would definitely recommend this course to beginners. You stop for lunch during the tour in a cafe (at own expense). The maximum group size is 6 however we were lucky were the only 2 people that day.

Visited February 2013
walktalkphoto, Owner at Walk and Talk Photography Tour, responded to this review, 3 March 2013
Thank you! I'm so pleased you enjoyed it and feel you've benefitted from the course. I hope you managed to get some good photos in Berlin!

Epsom, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Simply Fantastic Photography Experience”
Reviewed 9 February 2013

I have had a Cannon 600DSLR for a year now and only used it in auto mode. So when my daughter recently bought the Sony NEX5R I booked the walk and talk photography tour in London for her birthday. We had an amazing day, every moment was fun and packed with great tips and techniques. Deborah e-mailed me prior to the tour to find out what model cameras we had and she made learning how to use them seem so simple. She has an incredible eye for a great photo, and somehow gives this ability to you. I am truly hooked. Deborah had planned the day beautifully. My daughter works in London every day, but Deborah showed her new sights and perspectives. We will definitely be back for more. Thank you so much Deborah. HELEN & APRIL SMART

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Robin S
walktalkphoto, Owner at Walk and Talk Photography Tour, responded to this review, 15 February 2013
Thank you Helen for your lovely words! I'm so pleased you and April enjoyed the day so much and feel you have gained from it - it means a lot to me to hear this. I certainly know what you mean about being addictive! I will let you know as soon as I get the other courses up and running, which should be soon, and they will hopefully be as rewarding and enjoyable if you come along. Thanks again!
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A relaxed and informative way to learn photography while taking in the fantastic and off beat aspects of the city.”
Reviewed 5 January 2013

Deborah instantly put me at ease, with her extremely friendly and down-to-earth manner with which she approaches teaching you how to use the features of your camera to achieve a 'perfect' shot. She has a keen eye for knowing what will look good through the lens and is very positive making you feel comfortable to ask questions I really enjoying seeing sides to the city I probably would not have discovered myself and feel confident that I can take many of the skills I have learnt today with me on my impending trip to NYC.

walktalkphoto, Owner at Walk and Talk Photography Tour, responded to this review, 6 January 2013
Many thanks Steven for your kind words - very much appreciated and I'm so pleased you felt you benefitted from the tour/workshop.

As mentioned please do share any NYC photos you are particularly proud of on the Walk and Talk Photography Facebook page. I would love to see them.
London, United Kingdom
“London city tour beginners”
Reviewed 2 November 2012

My boyfriend and I bought a new DSLR camera and and as we were complete beginners we thought it is a good idea to book this reasonable prices walk and talk photography tour. It was really worth the money as it helped us a lot to understand the basics of our camera and try the different features right away. We did the beginners tour through the city which was great and helped us a lot to get some really great pictures. Very relaxed day out with Deborah being a super nice teacher and guide.

Visited October 2012