“Great location. Expensive breakfast”

Novotel London City South
Ranked #263 of 1,075 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 5 November 2013

My wife got a cracking late deal to stay at this hotel in the heart of London. I must say I was pretty impressed as I have spent the same money on a Travelodge in London on a Saturday night. Everything was clean & tidy, staff were courteous & the free wi-fi was great.
I thought nearly £20 was very expensive for breakfast so we walked 5 minutes along the river & visited the Premier Inn for their breakfast at half the price!
Just one complaint. Although the bed was very comfortable 1 thin pillow is not enough & a little mean!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Victoria P, Manager at Novotel London City South, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Thank you for your review, we're glad you enjoyed your stay and appreciate all your feedback.

I hope you stay with us on your next visit to London and we'd be happy to deliver additional pillows if requested.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

This hotel was very well positioned to visit lots of places.We stayed in a family room and felt it adequate for the stay.The rooms were lovely and clean and when asked for extra pillows our needs were met.Lovely friendly hotel all staff pleasant but i feel i must bring to your attention one in particular who made my 7 year old son feel very welcome.Tommaso from the restaurant was very hardworking and attentive,even tried to teach us some Italian!The breakfasts were very good as was the menu in the restaurant when we ate there.Definately would recommend to friends.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Victoria P, Manager at Novotel London City South, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Thank you for your review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and I will pass on your compliments to Tomasso who will be thrilled to have made your stay so memorable.

I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

Historically stayed he in previous job.
Back after some significant time and pleased to find all in order.
Efficient, welcoming staff; good standard rooms; friendly bar.
Guess I had expected things would have been updated / moved forward but not on this occasion.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your review, we're glad that we have maintained the good standards you have experienced on previous visits and hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

Staff were helpful and friendly,room and bathroom were very good,although I never managed to have any hot water for a bath,breakfast was ok but big queues to get seated and the eggs were hard on both days,I would return but would hope for hot water in the bath and more organisation in breakfast restaurant

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Donna Y
Victoria P, Manager at Novotel London City South, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to Novotel London City South. I am delighted that you overall enjoyed your stay and have noted your comments about breakfast and the hot water for a bath, in order for me to address the issues would you be able to tell me which room you stayed in and your date of stay?

H3269-dm@accor.com

Reviewed 23 October 2013

The hotel was in a great location to explore the city and ideal for my business trip. WiFi cost was a bit much and breakfast not worth it most days but still a good deal. Staff were friendly and responsive to the fact that it was quite hot in London and provided a fan as needed.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank tmv9

Thanks for your review. I am glad you had a good stay with us. See you on your next trip hopefully!

Reviewed 23 October 2013

I stayed here for the first time for two nights this week, one of the best novotels I have ever used and it compares very favourably with other similar standard hotels in this area of London.

I had a good sized bedroom and the bathroom is well equipped with everything you need for a comfortable stay.

My only issue was that the mattress on my bed was very firm, but that's a purely personal thing and didn't really detract from the comfort of the room.

I had breakfast both mornings and there is a good range of food, well prepared and presented.

Overall I rated this hotel amongst the best I've stayed in for business and hope to be back soon

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank johnpears

Thank you very much for your review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com