2,451 results
All reviewsborough marketsouthwark bridgesouth bankglobe theatretate modernthe sofa bedst paulsminute walktube stationexecutive roomlate checkfamily roomlondon eyemini barmodern hotelstayed here for one nightcovent garden
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Switched our family to here from a lower budget hotel and was very glad I did. Arrived in London very early, room wasn't ready, but the welcoming hotel staff were happy to securely look after bags for us. Throughout our stay the staff were courteous and helpful.
The room was ok, not really up to the standard of other Novotels I have stayed at. The air conditioning, even on full, emitted a vaguely luke warm drift of air as opposed to any providing any cooling. The coffee area in the room was a mess, the complimentary biscuits were all broken and the room had corners bashed off things, etc. Nothing bad enough to make we want to leave but a little disappointing given the standard I expect from a Novotel.
I would stay here again as the area is excellent - right next to Borough Market, a 2 min walk from the riverside, lots of nice restaurants and bars.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Victoria P, Manager at Novotel London City South, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Many thanks for your kind review. I am glad my team made your stay enjoyable. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Short walk to the thames river.
30-45 min walk to the London Bridge
Hotel staff are very friendly and the continental breakfast was really good!
I also stayed at Novotel in Paris and this Hotel chain is GREAT! Will Return!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 25 April 2014

Great service from friendly staff. Breakfast buffet is a good deal when my 2 children (13 and 14) were included in the price, and they enjoyed it. The free WiFi is too slow, and hopeless for streaming video. The room i clean but the temperature was impossible to adjust and too warm for me, fortunetely the window could be opened just enough to let some fresh air in. I would not stay here during hot summer days, but it is located no more than 5-10 minutes walk from the underground as well as train station located at the Shard.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Thanks for your review. I am glad you had a good stay with us. See you on your next trip hopefully!

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Family of 4 stayed 3 nights on a city break and found Hotel was a great base for central London,only 5 min from London Bridge tube ( use the back entrance ) and 100m from the river.
Room was bright and modern (don't forget to frost the shower glass) and we had a nice view of the Shard.As a family we had to use the sofa bed which was quite comfortable and big enough for 2 people.
Make sure you get breakfast included in the room rate as its very expensive if you don't (£17) and not a lot of places nearby open for a proper breakfast...and get down early as it gets quite busy and you may find yourself in a very long queue.
would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: we had room 445 at the rear of the hotel which looked out towards the Shard..only about a dozen rooms with this view.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Thank you very much for your review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to the Novotel London City South. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

We stayed on a special winter deal for 3 nights in March and we rated this hotel perfect, all the staff were professional and efficient, we were upgraded on arrival and the room was spacious, modern and spotless, when we booked we didn't realise what a perfect location it was to see so many of the London sights and our room overlooked the back and was so quiet it was hard to believe we were in such a large, busy city, definitely recommended

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple