“Simply awful”
Review of The Ventures Hotel

The Ventures Hotel
Ranked #991 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 28 June 2011

I found myself having to stay in London for an extra night more than planned. Unfortunately this hotel late in the evening was the first I found and made the mistake of paying upfront before seeing the place properly. The other comments on this sight are spot on, I only wish I had seen them first. Alright it was not expensive for London, but does a place have to be so grotty? Tiny rooms, a dirty bathroom with a dodgy light, nasty, cheap furniture, noisy plumbing, a sinister atmosphere, and ellusive staff. Also, no hotel register to fill in and "cash only" payment (NB Mr VatMan)! What an image this gives to visitors of our capital city who make the mistake of staying here. 3 star! Someone is having a laugh.

Room Tip: Avoid at all costs.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for The Ventures Hotel

Reviewed 21 June 2011

I do not advise anyone to book this hotel as we have been totally let down with our booking. We were due to stay here June 2011 and had booked 2 double rooms in January. We however recieved an email just 2 days before we were due to travel to inform us our booking had been cancelled when we rang to question this it was a total farce and were eventually told our booked rooms had been reallocated to a larger party. Absolutely disgusted and a very cowardly way to let us know a phone call and an explanation would of been appreciated.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 June 2011

I stay in London on a regular basis for business purposes. Unfortunately, due to the short notice of my visit, this hotel was one of only a couple available. I now know why! To say it's basic is a massive understatement. 3 star, I don't think so. Unfriendly, tired and dirty is about right. Having now returned to my home, I decided to look at the reviews. I wish I had done so before booking. The reviews on this site are completely accurate. You have been warned!!!!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 June 2011

lobby full of flies, dirty, outdated. room stunk dirty floors, nets, curtains foisty. door to room not secure making it easy for someone to get in. very noisey shouting banging all night makes you feel very uncomfortable area is like a third world country everybody smoking pipes. shower/toilet absolutely filthy and so small you couldnt swing a cat in it. not really a place for woman as i found this experience very uncomfortable very sleezy. would not recommend this part of london to anyone or this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 March 2011

When we arrived and entered our room it was like opening a fridge door. Also the room was dirty there were marks on the walls dirty surfaces, tea tray was filthy and teabgas has mildew on them. After complaining a lady came to clean the room but did not wipe the dirt of the surfaces. The grouting in the shower was filthy as was the shower tray. In fact couldn't use the shower becasue the toilet and the shower cubicle weren't heated and so couldn't have a shower. When i spoke to the gentleman on the desk about the heating he said it was on a timer and would be switched on later in the day and this with the outside temperature 5% below freezing. They only goos thing was that the staff seemed quite friendly. 3 star hote!!l who on earth rated this hotel?? would advise folk to give this hotel a wide birth!!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 February 2011

I never actually made it into the rooms.I had made a booking on an online website for a single ensuite room at The Ventures Hotel in London. However, on arrival, the rude, unapologetic elderly man said that all the rooms were booked. He made a phone call, then brought me to the hotel next door, giving me keys to a larger room, telling me (of course) only to use 1 bed. I went up and realised there was no ensuite bathroom, which was one of my requirements. The room itself was of a very poor standard. I came down to tell this to the man and he said "why can't you just be happy with what you have" and that the "bathroom was only a short way away". I asked if he could find me another en suite room elsewhere and he helpfully said "no". He then proceeded to say that I would never get an ensuite room for 30 pounds in London. I said I paid 40 and he went into how they only get 30. I failed to see how this had anything got to do with me. I ended up having to phone my friends out of London, who found another hotel round the corner and booked a room on my behalf, for which I had to pay double for. When contacted by the online booking company, they said they did not realise I was leaving, so kept the room for me!!! I would never recommend this place to anyone. Actually I would go as far to say that I would pay you not to stay there.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Nachii
Reviewed 13 December 2010

the hotel was a disgrace ,after veiwing 4 rooms we had no choice but to take one ,as we had payed up front. this room was filthy as well the walls ,curtains ,were black with dirty. toilet had scum all over it . the shower was that dirty that you felt worse after having one the only thing clean was our bed sheets in this room .the other 4 rooms the sheets were filthy with hair and so on.this place is nothing like it shows on the net. breakfast was included we did not have breakfast as we were afraid for our health ,as if the rooms are this bad what way is the kitchen,also to add further insult live wires hung out of ceiling not properly covered,so as well as a health hazard it isa fire hazard.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple