“Should be closed down” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1,018 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Hampshire
“Should be closed down”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

Should have wrote this review straight away but never got round to it. This B & B was the most disgusting place we had ever booked.

On arrival we were told that our room was not ready as the cleaners were still in there. When we got our keys for the room we found that the room had not been touched from the previous people, the bed still had the previous peoples bedding on.The room was awfull.

We complained and said that we were not happy and demanded our money back. To cut a long story short, the owner came ( after demanding that he met us for a refund ) and he took us, as what he described his best room. I was shocked at what I saw as when I started to check the bed ( as the previous mattress in the rooms before were stained as what had to be urine ) The owner / manager said that I did not need to check the mattress as it was clean, no it was not as at least half the bed was stained not only with urine it had blood staines, the manager did not think this was a problem. I walked out and demanded my money back. After complaining to the people we booked through and the manager we did after a struggle get all our money back. And yes it was us that reported you to Environmental Health. Disgusting place, hence we never stayed there and booked elswhere.

Room Tip: If you have booked this place, PLEASE check the room first before any payment is made.
Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank sharon n

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Camborne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

We chose this hotel because my parents wanted to drive into London, and we were coming to London by train, getting into Paddington, this ticked the 'Paddington' and 'parking' boxes. We stayed 4 and 3 nights respectively
OK so it's not luxury, but at the price we paid we weren't expecting luxury. The rooms were clean, and serviced daily, with fresh towels. They were a little on the snug side perhaps but we didn't go to London to stay in our hotel all day, so it was adequate for our needs.
The breakfast was amazing, freshly cooked full English, with as much cereal, toast and tea as we wanted.
I would definitely stay here again

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sarah A
Great Malvern, England, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

Me and 5 friends had booked 3 twin rooms here, with 3 of us booking the 3 rooms individually through lastminute.com. On the morning of travelling down I couldn't find my confirmation e-mail so I decided to phone the hotel. They told me I wasn't registered on the system and to phone up lastminute. I was told by lastminute that my booking was confirmed and they'd phone the hotel for me. When they got back to me they said the hotel booking system was down but they'd get back in touch with them within the hour. To cut a long story short, all 3 rooms had been "double booked" and the hotel was to try and find us another hotel. They didn't. We spent a lot of time trying to book another one. An absolute nightmare. Ironicaly, I found my booking confirmation while I was on the phone to the hotel first time around!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Kevin G

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Cairo, Egypt
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2012

How can I get started...!!!
Once you enter this hotel you would smell a terrible sausages smell that would make you feel like throwing up.

I stayed there for 13 nights with friends, 2 double rooms and 1 triple.

My room was average, had a large double bed, a couch, a TV, an extremely small closet, a kettle that doesn't work, a heater that was too hot to the extent that we used it as a drier so that things would dry in no time, the bathroom was tinny as well without shampoo or soap, only toilet papers.

Another double room was sooo small, my friends couldn't move around, the bathroom wall wasn't totally connected to the ceiling so there was an area that had a void, there was no bathtub just a shower and the water would flow inside the room.

the triple room was small as well, it had 2 or 3 desks inside, no idea why??? the 3rd person was sleeping on a mat put on the floor, and it was next to the storage room, so they could hear the staff moving around them all the way.

Every time somebody walks around or climb the stairs you would hear him/her. The walls are too thin so you always hear noise.

For breakfast, we had the same food the whole trip, eggs, cereals, jam, butter and bread. They wouldn't serve enough bread for the seven of us, they would throw the plates in our faces, and yell at us if we ask for more bread or ask if our food will arrive soon.

The only good thing about this hotel is the location, and personally my room was good, but i have been in 3 stars hotels in other European countries and they were way more better

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Po87
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2012

The hotel is easy to find and in a good location for basic shops and close to a tube station to get to the rest of London easily. Upon entry we were greeted kindly by a warm reception that was clean and bright with a charming recepionist that was very friendly. I shared a twin room with one other on the very top floor which was accesable via a narrow spiral staircase which wasn't an issue for us. The room was extremely clean and rather large with comfy clean beds and a nice view over the street. The bathroom was small though and the door was a sliding door which appeared to be a converted closet but again was clean. The room came with a small modern TV and enough electrical outlets for us. The dining room was dated in decor but served your basic English breakfast which was cooked well. I would recommend for young people and those wanting a short break.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
Doha
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2012

First of all this is no way a hotel. I think they should change their name to hostel!!! The room i got was really small....after keeping my cabin baggage i had no space to move. In the washbasin there were 2 separate taps for hot & cold water.... extremely hot water in the hot water tap & extremely cold in the cold water tap..... so how do i mix these while washing hands!!! Small, smelly fridge which wasnt used for years. As i dont eat bacon, the only option i had in breakfast was fried eggs.
However, there were some positives. Really near to Egdward road & Oxford street so lots of restaurants & departmental stores nearby. Cheapest rooms in that area.

Room Tip: Please check the rooms before you actually finalise your stay. Take a room on the ground floor becau...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business