“Exactly what I needed”

Ranked #633 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Canada
“Exactly what I needed”
Reviewed 4 November 2012

This hotel was 100% functional. I needed a bed, a shower, a TV, and a convenient location, and that's what I got. I also got breakfast, a pretty location, near shops, and groceries, near the train station. I wasn't in the room long enough to notice that it was tiny. I'd definitely stay here again. (If you're a large person, you'll need to make sure the shower can accommodate you.)

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Annie6472

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Korean first
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 October 2012

Just save your money and time and don't stay here. The room was filthy, smelt like drains, which meant I had to sleep with the window open all night, which also banged like mad in the rain and woke me up every half hour. The bed had a huge dip in the middle and was dirty and old.

I've stayed in hotels with no star rating in developing countries that weren't as bad as this.

The room was tiny and tired and the walls paper thin - I could hear the woman in the room above vomiting all night - lovely!

I checked out a day early as I couldn't bear it anymore.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 19 October 2012

I would not even let my pets stay at this place. There were pubic hairs on the sheets, the room was tiny and smelly and the staff were rude at best, especially the woman at the front desk. There are far better options where they appreciate your custom. Do not stay here!

Room Tip: Just don't stay here!
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Guelph, Canada
Reviewed 10 October 2012

My brother and I spent our last night in London at this hotel.
The location, as other travellers pointed out, was convenient-short walk from a tube station.
The room was small- had to stack suitcases on top of one another just to be able to walk on both sides of the bed.
The staff was unfriendly and when I asked a question it was like I was putting them out- distracting them from their Facebook (which I could see open from the other side of the reception desk). The towels in our bathroom were dirty (make-up stains on them) and there were hairs on the sheets.
I asked about whether we could get some shampoo or soap (as we didn't bring any, assuming there would be some in the hotel) and was told no.
There were no screens on the windows so I felt uncomfortable leaving the window open, despite the room being stuffy.
An investment in some 'do not disturb' signs would be wise as I was woken up TWICE in the morning, despite it being hours before checkout.
I find it interesting they proudly display their 'trip advisor' sticker on the front window. They may want to read their reviews here first.

There are much better options out there for much better prices. I would never stay here again and never recommend anyone else do so either.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank JHEMRICA
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed 7 October 2012

While been relatively inexpensive, one felt claustrophobic in the room which was positively tiny. Bed was not at all comfortable nor warm. Breakfast was ok. Location in Pimlico is quite good, though a bit of a hike with luggage to the nearest metro station. Staff were not the friendliest. Would have been better to go elsewhere, but if you're after a cheap place for 1 night, it might do if you're prepared to put up with a very average accommodation.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 2 October 2012

This was one of the worst hotel's I have ever stayed. We were there for two nights and did not enjoy our stay. The room and bathroom were tiny and badly furnished. Our closet was broken and would not open. When we went downstairs to complain they said they would fix it, but never did. To top it all off, when we checked out they blamed us for breaking the mirror which was broken when we arrived. The unfriendly woman at the front desk argued with us for about 15 minutes until deciding to drop it. DO NOT STAY HERE!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple