All reviewsgloucester stationdaily cleaningwashing machinefully equipped kitchensitting areatesco expressplace to staywonderful staywalking distancehyde parkwasherapartmentstanhopeduplexsupermarketgymtube
Reviewed 6 July 2012

I spent a week at Fraser Suites Kensington with my family. It was a very decent place - 2 bedrooms with very sizable living room - too big I think. The bedrooms were a bit small but comfortable enough. The kitchen had everything that was required and it came equipped with a washing machine.

Location of this service apartment was good. Next to lots of eateries, walking distance to Kensington Park and reasonably close to Hyde Park. Just a street away is the Gloucester Station which makes commuting very convenient.

Just beside it is a small park where some exercise can be done if you don't fancy walking to the bigger parks.

There are no facilities like gym or pool. Staff are helpful enough - I won't rate customer service as top rated but OK.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank POHMH
Reviewed 14 June 2012

Like the curate and his egg, our experience of this place was mixed. It was a late booking for two nights, uncharacteristically using Agoda because we decided to come to London a few days early on short notice. It was advertised as a 32 sq m four star deluxe apartment for about GBP 170 per night. When we dropped our luggage off at lunch time we asked for a quiet room. When we checked in, we were given a low-ceilinged basement studio looking out on passing legs on a major road. We asked for another room - impossible because they were full. When we asked for a refund, we were told we could only have one night refunded - better than Agoda's conditions, but unsatisfactory to us. We sat for an hour as the management negotiated with Agoda, then accepted their offer of a better room, next night, and breakfast one morning, and free internet.

The management was used to dealing with people like us and had their lines prepared - as colonials,we might not be aware that London uses all floors. The problem here was the 4 star rating. A dingy, noisy room at basement level is not 4 star deluxe. The gourmet breakfast was plastic - plastic tables and chairs, tiny pastries, yoghurt, cereals and toast, cheese and machine coffee (the machine stopped working, the muesli was stale and they ran out of croissants).

The apartment on the 2nd night was a 2 bedroom suite, much better, although the internal spiral stair was a bit of a challenge. The kitchenette was well supplied with pots and pans and so on. Unfortunately, the sour taste from our first encounter, and the knowledge that most people pay UKP10 per night for the internet.

Despite management's efforts to compensate, will not return.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room above ground.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank AusGreyNomad
Reviewed 24 May 2012

This serviced apartment is center to everything you can ask for. Near the Gloucester Tube station. This is a top class safe location with a nice private garden. Key Card entry to all parts of the apartments. Daily maid service is good (not great). Free wifi for all your deivices. One day we lost power (in London - yes believe me) the front desk guys ran to us to provide a well charged torch light. Kids friendly. Nice Loft. We were in a two level two bedroom. Nice Patio. You can get a CAB just right outside the apartment almost anytime. There is a waitrose near by. Tesco express too. Get a Lyca mobile (Free 1 pound topup automatically) and what more do you want. May be a pool would have been Nice. But you are London. I shoudn't ask for more. Luxury its is.

Room Tip: Get a two level two bedroom. Bedrooms are a bit smaller
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 April 2012

My husband and our 2 children had booked into the Fraser suites at Queensgate to stay for a week while my husband ran the London Marathon. We chose to stay here because it came highly recommended from some friends of ours who had stayed there in the past.

However at the last minute I had to unfortunately cancel due to my mother being diagnosed with a terminal illness. We were forced to cancel the entire trip as a result so we could be with my mother and family.

I can't thank the management team at Fraser Suites enough for their kindness and generosity at a very difficult time. They happily refunded us and were so understanding. I am forever grateful and I do hope one day we will return and stay.

In the meantime, I plan to spread the word about this hotel. Thank you...

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank sarah c
Reviewed 3 February 2012

We stayed at fraser's suite for two months and beside being comfortable and nicely furbished
they would really need to improve their CLEANING skills if they want people coming back.
We rented a two bedrooms apartment with bathrooms and one large kitchen, as I work from home I always was at home during daily cleaning. The cleaner, has never been able to lift a paper on the floor for all the time we stayed there-left it on purpose to see how long it would take her to pick it up-when cleaning the drawing room table there were some objects on it, she was passing the cleaning cloth around them...sometimes the dishwasher machine did not perfectly cleaned all saucepans or dishes and she was putting them dirty anyways in the cupboard.

Another downside is the terrible food smell ( fried garlic most of the times) that comes in everyday from other apartments, it was so strong that more than once we have been woken up by the smell!

The positive sides are: great location, apartment size, and the beautiful garden where guest can spend time.

Is it true that apartments are noisy, I could hear the person in the second room walking as she was in mine.

Over all, if you have to stay a long time in a residence is it more than acceptable, just bear in minds these things I pointed out.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family