“Great hotel”

Ranked #259 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Bromilee
“Great hotel”
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Hotel is modern and clean. Cookie on arrival is gorgeous. Complimentary bottled water in room. Desktop computer in room. shower great. bed comfortable.
Hotel is about a ten minute walk to the river and houses of parliament.
Bar is expensive at £5 a pint of lager but you get complimentary snacks (crisps / nuts).
We paid £110 for one night at this hotel and overall we feel its great value for money considering that the premier inns and travel lodges are either only a little cheaper or more expensive.

Room Tip: Non-refundable rooms are much cheaper.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
D0laO, Guest Relations Manager at Doubletree by Hilton London - Westminster, responded to this review, 28 August 2013
Dear Bromilee,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at the DoubleTree Westminster. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay, and that our location and facilities are well-suited to your needs. We especially appreciate your love of our signature DoubleTree Cookies!

Here at the DoubleTree Westminster we strive to provide the high standards of service that our guests appreciate and have come to expect from our Brand, and it is always nice to know that we have succeeded in this venture.

Thank you once again, and we hope to welcome you back to Westminster in the near future.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (732)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Orange County, California
Reviewed 26 August 2013

I recently stayed at the Doubletree Westminster/London hotel for a leisure vacation with a mix of family and friends. I found the lobby area to be very modern and inviting upon first entering. There are two restaurants plus an executive lounge for Hilton Honors members, which is awesome, as nearby restaurants seem to close early. There is not a pool, but there is a very nice fitness center. I was surprised just how close the hotel was to the houses of Parliament, Westminster Abby, the London Eye and Buckingham Palace. We even walked the mile and-a-half to and from those sites a few times, but if you wanted to take a taxi, the rate was very low as the attractions are very nearby. If you’re booking tours that you need to meet up for at Victoria Coach Station, that too is just a hop, skip and a jump away. Granted the proximity to the aforementioned, I think if I were to visit London again, I’d stay closer to the city center. I saw another Doubletree (Courthouse) and a Hilton (Park Lane) if using points for your stay that were just a tad north and closer to other attractions and restaurants, notwithstanding however, this property was very clean, comfortable and quiet. There is construction going on across the street of two buildings, although once inside the hotel, we did not hear the related noise. The property offered complimentary wifi, which was very spotty in the rooms, but decent in the lobby. All of the staff I encountered from the front desk, housekeeping, room service and the restaurants, was very friendly. If in need of a taxi, there was always one waiting out front. If using points and/or breakfast is included with the room, it was buffet style with the typical eggs, bacon, sausage, toast, cereal, etc…and very filling.

The room I stayed in was a standard double twin. For Americans familiar with the Doubletree brand, the room here was not like the American Doubletree’s, the rooms were considerably smaller and so were the hallways; very narrow. Our driver informed us the building was about six-years old and was formerly another property. As I mentioned, the beds were twin and the shower was just that, not doubling as a bathtub too. Rather than a TV, there was an iMac that doubled as a TV and computer (with fast wired internet). Although the bed was a twin, it was very comfortable; we weren’t there to hang out at the hotel. Included in the room were a decent hair dryer, closet space, a safe and iron/board, but don’t forget your electrical adaptors! If I had to rate my experience here on a scale of 10, I’d give it an 8. I had a great stay here and no bedbugs!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Dear 312newswannabe

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at the DoubleTree Westminster. We appreciate you taking the time to provide detailed feedback regarding your stay, and are pleased to see that you and the rest of your party enjoyed your stay with us.

I have noted your comments regarding the Hotel's location. The DoubleTree Westminster is conveniently close to several Central London attractions and shopping districts without the disadvantage of the hustle and bustle that usually accompanies it. We are often described as an oasis of calm within the City, as our guests get the benefits of a Central London hotel whilst maintaining a peace and quiet that belies the busy City.

Thank you once again. We appreciate your loyalty to our Brand, and we hope to welcome you both back to Westminster in the near future!

Brisbane
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Stayed here for two nights before travelling from London to Australia. Very clean, comfortable hotel, bed was very comfortable. Room did not have a bath which was disappointing as I had asked about this prior to my booking, we could have had a room with a bath but that would have cost approx 150 pounds which we could not justify, however we could not fault this hotel. Location was great, walking distance to London Eye, Westend. We hired the public bikes which are scattered around London which made getting around even easier, but it was an adventure hiring the bikes! Would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear BrisbaneMarie,

Thank you for your review of your stay at the DoubleTree Westminster. We appreciate you taking the time to leave detailed feedback of your visit, and are very pleased to see that you enjoyed your time with us.

I am sorry that you were disappointed at not having a bathtub in your room. All our standard rooms are equipped with showers, and this should have been made known to you at the time of booking; I sincerely apologise if this was not the case. Our room types and facilities are listed in detail on our website, so please feel free to peruse this in advance of your next visit.

Other than this, I hope you had an enjoyable stay. We appreciate your loyalty to our Brand, and hope to welcome you back the DoubleTree Westminster in future.

Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 August 2013

We spent a night here with the kids a we had a wedding to attend at Milbank Towers which literally is right behind the hotel so an ideal location for our stay.
Check in was no problem though we arrive at 2.00 and neither of the two rooms were available as we were an hour early, but they offered another room instead. Interestingly the hotel has a smoking floor which is a pulse for the smokers out there.
We were given the cookies at reception which are a nice touch but can't really cover some of the inadequacies of the hotel.
We had a standard room which doesn't really feel like a £200 a night room, much more Holiday Inn Express than Hilton. Small bathroom with a shower and those awful pump dispensers for soap, why do hotels do this, makes it feel more like a public toilet than expensive hotel.
Bed was comfy, there is a n Apple TV which has Sky sports which was great though the screen is small. Tea and coffee making facilities are in a draw under the TV. There is an ironing board as well which is handy. We were on the 8th floor (odd number) and over looked the adjacent offices.
There is parking available and it costs £20 for 24 hours. You can't pre-book so it's down to chance if there is a space available. We did have a snack in the restaurant on the first floor and the steak and pizza were both tasty.
This chain seems popular with Americans and I suppose if you can get a good discount the location is great being a 10 min walk from parliament but for the full rate you can get much more comfort and style than you get here.
Don't think I'll be back!

Room Tip: Smokers floor is the 8th floor.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Southendwesthamfan
Dear Southendwesthamfan,

Thank you for your review of your recent visit to the DoubleTree Westminster. We appreciate you taking the time to provide detailed feedback regarding your stay, and are pleased to see that you found our location and some of our facilities convenient for your needs. We are also delighted that you and your family enjoyed our signature DoubleTree Cookies.

I was disappointed to see that you did not consider your stay good value for money. DoubleTree by Hilton often runs seasonal promotions offering significant discounts off our standard rates at various times of the year. Please visit our website for more information on our fabulous holiday deals.

I am sorry that you have decided not to return to our property at this time, but thank you for sharing your experience with us, and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back some time in the future.

Belfast
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Stayed two nights over the weekend in July. Good sized rooms, Mac in room a bonus. Reasonably good location, though still a good ten minute walk from the nearest tube station. Hotel itself is nicely finished, though not overtly inviting.
Good range of food at breakfast, though in house food not a great standard and way over priced, even for central Lomdon.

Room Tip: Avoid the restaurant as it way over priced
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Derby
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Thoroughly recommend this hotel- everything was taken care of so well- super friendly and helpful staff, comfortable room (with good air- com that works- a bonus!) Modern stylish décor and good view out of the window by the lifts, although our room view was not so good. It is 0.4 mile to Pimlico Tube and 0.9mile to Westminster Tube, so easy access to the city. Nothing was too much trouble for the lovely staff there- thank you:)

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 August 2013

I stayed at this hotel during August 2013 when I was in London for the Anniversary athletics games at Olympic park. The hotel was fairly easy to find (although I took a few minutes to realise it was the next street back from the river and walked past it once) and is located a shortish walk (15 odd minutes) from Westminster and is close to Pimlico tube station. First impressions were a clean modern hotel. The reception area was very busy with guests checking in when I arrived. Someone told me another hotel had suffered a power cut or something so they were being transferred across. The wait was still only a couple minutes though until I was dealt with.

The girl on reception who took my details (sorry cant remember her name) was delightful, very friendly and very efficient. The warm cookie was a nice touch.

My room was a couple of floors up, the view was nothing to write home about as it looked over a car park at the rear however I didnt mind because a) I got a good deal on the room and b) I wasnt there to see the sights and it was dark when I returned in the evening anyway. The room was clean and modern and everything was neat and tidy. The apple TV thingy was good once I worked out how to use it although I didnt really use it much. The room was quiet and cool with a nice efficient air conditioning system. The bed was comfortable and I slept well.

I didnt stay for the breakfast as I was on a budget and so went elsewhere so cannot comment on that aspect.

Overall a really nice relaxing stay I would definately recomend this hotel to friends and family and would stay here again the next time I am in London.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo