“Great Experience”

DoubleTree by Hilton London - Westminster
Ranked #318 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Recently stayed at Hilton Westminster - well located for the tourist sights of central London. Good value for money - room clean and breakfast excellent. Staff polite and helpful - no complaints about service.

1  Thank Tom M
D0laO, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton London - Westminster, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

Dear Tom M,

Thank you for your kind review of your recent stay at the DoubleTree Westminster. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience, and are pleased to see that you enjoyed your visit.

Here at the DoubleTree Westminster, we strive to provide the high standards of service that our guests appreciate and have come to expect from our Brand, and it is always nice to hear directly from our valued guests when we have succeed in this venture.

Thank you once again, and we hope to welcome you back to the DoubleTree Westminster in future. Please do let us know when you plan to return, so that we may welcome you personally.

Guest Relations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (6,632)

Reviewed 29 January 2014

Chose a weekend away in London ...instead of a pair of socks as a Christmas present ! Westminster Double Tree Hilton was excellent. Just ten minutes walk from Big Ben. Hotel staff gave a very warm welcome. Room was well appointed (ironing board and iron is a must have) Room was very clean ...tile grouting is pristine ! Lovely and quiet at night....if the hotel staff could have ordered up warmer weather - then our stay could have been deemed truly perfect !!!

1  Thank Mary B

Dear Mary B,

Thank you for your review of the DoubleTree by Hilton London - Westminster. It's a pleasure indeed to receive such glowing feedback following your recent stay, and we're delighted that you found our location and facilities well-suited to your needs.

Here at the DoubleTree Westminster we strive to provide the high standards of service that our guests enjoy, and have come to expect from our Brand. It is therefore very rewarding when this has been achieved, and our efforts so kindly recognised by valued guests such as yourself.

We appreciate your loyalty to our Brand, and hope to welcome you back to the DoubleTree Westminster in the not too distant future. I am sorry that the weather on this occasion was not as nice as you would have liked, but hopefully we'll see you in the summer for a truly perfect stay!

Thank you once again.

Reviewed 28 January 2014

In a slightly strange location but not too bad. Very convenient for Houses of Parliament, Westminster Abbey. Fair distance from Victoria. All the staff were polite. We were upgraded to an Executive Room. It had everything we needed but personally, I was a little disappointed with the size. The bathroom was small with only a shower but again it was fully functional. Bed was very comfortable. The Executive lounge was also a little disappointing for me. We came in after a meal around 8pm with only soft drinks available. In fairness I did not ask anyone for an alternative. Breakfast was good. Usual selection buffet style. All in all a very pleasant stay and good value for money.

Dear 81MartinW81,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the DoubleTree Westminster. I am pleased to see that you generally enjoyed your stay, and found our location and facilities well-suited to your needs.

I am sorry that you were disappointed with the size of your Queen Executive Room. This is a common feature with most London properties, and I can recommend upgrading to one of our King City Suites if further space is required as the Suites are significantly larger, and are equipped with both a bath and a separate shower.

I can also confirm that in addition to being on a higher floor, our Executive guests enjoy the convenience of in-room branded slippers, bathrobes, and full access to our Executive Lounge and its facilities. This includes complimentary breakfast in the Lounge as well as complimentary snacks and drinks throughout the day, with alcoholic drinks and canapés served between 5.30pm - 7.30pm and soft drinks only after 7.30pm.

Thank you once again for your kind review. We appreciate your loyalty to our Brand, and hope to welcome you back to the DoubleTree Westminster on your next visit to London.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

My wife and I stayed here in January 2014 for 2 nights during a citytrip to London. I have stayed in the Doubletree by Hilton Marble Arch as well, and this one in Westminster by far out performs Marble Arch.
First of all the rooms are modern, decorated with a pleasant color scheme, you have the iMacs in the room, all the amenities a traveller would like (tea & coffee), free wifi!, comfy bed, and a quiet location for a great night sleep. No city noise! And it's extremely convenient for the refurbished Tate Britain.
Second, breakfast is a treat, with plenty of cooked choice and freshly cut tomatoes and cucumber - which is important to us. If something, the assortment of yellow cheese could be larger.
Third, the location is central and allows you to either choose to take the underground (Pimlico station is a 5-10 min walk) or just walk into Westminster, St. James Park, and all the way to Covent Garden if you like.

What I did not like...

We arrived at 12 noon and were offered early check-in... however for 20 GBP! I didn't like that for the following reasons... first of all I am a HHonors member and I believe that if you decide to let your HHonors members know that you you have rooms ready when they arrive, you should offer them for free to HH members for early check-in. Otherwise don't mention it, and just tell your guests that the rooms are not ready yet but will be at the regular check-in time.
I was not prepared to pay for it, but I was disappointed that I was not offered a complimentary early check-in. You really wonder sometimes what the value of being a loyalty program member is...

There were no bathroom slippers in the room, however they were quickly brought up when we asked for them. Plus the coffee was not refilled after our first night so I had to drink decaf. I could have called but decided not to. I think these things should be checked before you sign-off a room as being 'serviced'. The devil is in the details!

If the above 3 points had not happened, I would have given the hotel an 'excellent' rating, and it will not refrain me from coming back.

Room Tip: A room on the higher floors for great views over London!
4  Thank Ivo-Knottnerus

Dear Ivo-Knottnerus,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton London - Westminster. It's a pleasure to see that you enjoyed your stay, and that our location and facilities are well-suited to your needs. We are often described as an oasis of calm within the City, as our guests get the benefits of a Central London hotel whilst maintaining a peace and quiet that belies the hustle & bustle of the busy capital.

Your feedback is important to us as it highlights areas of our service in which we can improve, and I have forwarded your comments regarding the cheese selection at breakfast to our Food & Beverage Manager for further consideration. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

I am sorry that you were not able to check in early despite your room being available, and that your room amenities were not restocked. Please be assured that we have taken your feedback on board, and re-training has been implemented in the various departments to ensure that all members of staff are conversant with the high standards of service that our guests enjoy and have come to expect from our Brand. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience.

Other than this, I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and I have shared your kind comments with the team. We appreciate your loyalty to our Brand, and hope to welcome you back personally to the DoubleTree Westminster Hotel in the not too distant future.

Kind regards

Reviewed 27 January 2014

It is not our first stay in this hotel where is a good hotel of next to office. As we usually arrive very early morning in London due to the long haul flight, we arrived hotel around 06:30 this time as well. Of course, we would like to check in asap but we also understand that the room may not be available in such early morning. Therefore, we called the hotel days before arrival and the receptionist said , if we pay 20 pounds more when you check in, you can get the room. However, it was failed again even we really paid!!! The reason was the rooms were not ready yet as the housekeeping work at 8 only. I totally respect the working hours of the housekeeping but what I feel disappointed is the receptionist who shd not commit over the phone in before. As i had a meeting at 10:30 but i could get into the room at 10:10 finally. i was really rush in cleaning up myself within a very short period of time! It is a very bad experience ever.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Steven L
D0laO, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton London - Westminster, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Dear Steven L,

Thank you for your review of the DoubleTree Westminster. We appreciate you taking the time to provide detailed feedback of your recent stay.

I am sorry that you experienced some inconvenience during check-in. We understand that our guests arrive from different places at different times during the day, and often endeavour to accommodate them as early as possible. However, this is not always possible during busy times, and the only way to guarantee room availability as early as 6.30am is to pre-register the room from the previous day at the cost of a full night.

In situations where a previously occupied room is now vacant and awaiting service, the £20 charge allows us to prioritise this room in your favour, and I apologise if this was not properly explained to you. Please be assured that we take your feedback very seriously, and re-training has been carried out between the Front Office and Housekeeping teams to ensure better coordination between departments, and communication regarding room availability.

Once again, please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience. I trust that the remainder of your stay was satisfactory, and we hope to welcome you back to the DoubleTree Westminster in future for a fully enjoyable stay.

Reviewed 26 January 2014

I do like the Doubletree chain - as I've said on other reviews I'm a sucker for the cookies! This hotel is slightly tucked away off of the Horseferry Road and has had several identities over the years. I'm not sure that the rooms are quite as large as it's sister hotel at the Tower of London, and it's certainly not as new, but t is perfectly pleasant nevertheless and we stay here whenever we need a hotel in the Westminster / Victoria area for business. If you book a suite you are treated to some great views of the Thames - always worth considering the e-upgrade offer on booking!

Room Tip: ask for a room with a rive view if possible - great night-time viewing!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear quin-i-bog,

Many thanks for your review of the DoubleTree Westminster following your recent stay. We appreciate you taking the time to provide such detailed feedback of your stay, and are delighted that you enjoyed your time at the Hotel. Our Signature DoubleTree Cookie is the hallmark of our warm welcome, and we are pleased to see that you enjoyed it so.

Here at the DoubleTree Westminster, we strive to provide the high standards of service that our guests enjoy and have come to expect from our Brand, and it is very rewarding when our efforts have been recognised.

Thank you once again. We appreciate your loyalty to our Brand, and hope to welcome you back to the DoubleTree Westminster in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 26 January 2014

As expected of a Hilton property, the Doubletree, Westminster, offers good, clean, shortstay pad for the business traveller. Has a reasonably well equipped private gym that can be accessed 24x7. Its located off the main road giving it a quiet environ. Staff are friendly and would happily extend your room for a couple of hours if the hotel isnt full.

However, was not impressed with their baggage storage service. The attendand went searching for my bag all over the hotel and returned after 15 minutes, without finding it. As soon as he set out on his retrieval exploration, I discovered it still lying in the lobby - a good five hours after I had left it with them! However, I couldn't take possession of it till he returned as the receptionist refused to let me take it despite showing her the receipt! Except for this one annoying experience, the stay was good.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear OffroadTraveller,

Thank you for your review of your recent visit to the DoubleTree Westminster. We appreciate you taking the time to provide detailed feedback regarding your stay, and are pleased to see that you generally had an enjoyable visit.

I am sorry that your luggage was not properly stowed prior to check-in. Please be assured that this is not how we usually operate and we take your feedback very seriously. I have spoken with the Guest Services Manager, and re-retraining has been implemented within the team to ensure that such a scenario does not re-occur. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience.

Other than this, I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and I have shared your kind comments with the team. We appreciate your loyalty to our Brand, and hope to welcome you back to the DoubleTree Westminster in the not too distant future.

Kind regards