“Lovely, comfortable Hotel”

Ranked #281 of 1,069 Hotels in London
San Diego, California
“Lovely, comfortable Hotel”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Very clean, spacious rooms compared to others I have stayed at in London. Clean. Comfortable bed. Apple computer screen makes for small TV screen. About 5 minute walk to tube. Check in was slow didn't have enough people on the desk I had 3 large bags and bell desk watch me struggle with them. I even went and knocked at the door yo get there help and was waved off. Found it very rude. Left me with a bad taste. Otherwise everything was very good. And would stay again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (766)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Carlisle
Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

We have stayed here twice before when it was a Mint Hotel. There are one or two changes for the worse.

1. Slower internet.
2. No minibar.
3. Breakfast now self service and not as much choice.
4. Staff seem to struggle with check in procedure.

Also when booking there was no mention of building work going on around the hotel. It's a good job my husband and I are early risers and are out all day!

Saying that. The more experienced staff were very helpful in giving me instructions on the best way to get to the zoo.
The room was comfortable and quiet at night.
The hotel is within easy reach of the best sightseeing.

I will return to this hotel when the surrounding building work is completed.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Richboro, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Just returned on Friday May 16, 2014. If location, location, location are the most important things in a vacation hotel this is a winner!
The hotel is in the middle of everything that a tourist would want to see. Parliament, Westminster Abby, the river themes, even the Globe is within walking distance { about 1.8 miles} if you like to walk. The hotel food is OK and the service a bit uneven. The people at the front desk seem to all be in training as we still don't have our bill correct. They do try, however.. The concierge was excellent as he helped us get on the right bus and find the trains we needed. The room are small, which is typical in any large city. There is an Apple TV in the room which gives you access to both local TV as well as a computer. Useful if you, like I, subscribe to Netflix or Amazon Prime . There is a Pizza Express within 20 feet of the hotel. Good pizza and some unusual Italian dishes. Quite reasonable. A pub, the Marques in about 2 blocks away. Great food reasonable prices. If we had found it sooner, we would have eaten there every night...Hope this helps..

Room Tip: Breakfast is worth the price, but nothing special
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ahalp64
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I don't think I have ever felt discriminated against before stepping into this hotel. From ignoring my questions or at best offering a "There is nothing I can do", to placing me as far and tucked away into the winding corridors of the hotel, made me think twice of having breakfast there, safely. I wondered if perhaps I had done something unsavoury, but finally decided to let the General Manager know about my disappointment. The person appears to have the same attitude as his/her colleagues: I am ignored. At least there is some consistency, but I doubt I shall be back. I truly felt unwelcome.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

1 Thank Saba N
D0laO, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton London - Westminster, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Dear Saba N,

Thank you for your review of our Hotel.

I am sorry to see that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Here at the DoubleTree Westminster, we pride ourselves on the high standards of service that we provide that our guests enjoy, as evidenced by years of positive feedback here on TripAdvisor and other travel websites. The experience you have indicated is very unlike us and certainly not how we usually operate; our General Manager responds to any and all queries that are brought to his attention as do all members of senior management.

Your feedback is important to us and I am keen to discuss the grievances you experienced. Kindly contact us directly at your earliest convenience, so that we can address any issues in further detail.

As earlier mentioned, this is not how we operate, and if we have indeed let ourselves down on this occasion, I sincerely apologise.

Thank you, and I hope to hear from you soon.

Kind regards,

Dola O
Guest Relations Manager
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We booked the Executive Queen Room. Had access to the executive lounge which provided a very satisfying breakfast. If you book this room you don't need to request an additional breakfast. free internet. Staff was very friendly. Our room was quite roomy. there was construction across the street from the entrance of the hotel (our room was on the 12th floor and was facing the construction), but we did not hear a thing. no dust no dirt nothing. Rooms and toilets were clean. The location is great 5 mins. walk to Big Ben and Westminister Abbey. we stayed for 3 nights and we practically went everywhere by foot. If I come back to London I'm definitely going to try checking into the double tree Westminister Hotel.
and also the Hotel is Located at a very safe location.

Room Tip: Sometimes the Executive rooms are the same price as the standard room. go definitely for the executi...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 May 2014

7th visit to the hotel. Staff excellent, rooms lovely. Love the location as it's really quiet and handy for everything.
Only thing they could improve would be to re-locate the noisy ice machines to the lobby or first floor. We have never seen any guest use them and they really are noisy at night when trying to sleep.

Room Tip: Not floor 3, 6 or 9
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank corbitts
Manalapan, United States
Reviewed 16 May 2014

The Double Tree hotel is conveniently located in London. The room was spacious, clean and quiet. We enjoyed our long weekend stay. The staff was efficient and helpdul. There are many local eateries besides the hotel restaurant. Would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family