DoubleTree by Hilton London - Westminster
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$229
Rosewood London(London)
US$588
US$491
  • Restaurant
Park Grand London Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$176
US$159
US$193
US$171
galahotels.com
6,717 results
All reviewstate britainmillbank loungecity cafeimac computerpimlico tubebig benthe executive loungeapple tvminute walkwarm cookieslondon eyedouble treevictoria linequiet locationbuilding workthames rivermodern hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

Arrived just after 10 in the morning; was just planning on leaving my luggage but was able to check in - which was great having been travelling for what felt like half the night.

Clean room, comfy bed and reasonably quiet. Didn't eat in the hotel as only on a room only basis, and breakfast was expensive. There were a few little cafés close by for a cheaper breakfast!

One of my pet hates in hotels is getting a replacement bath/hand towel when I have followed the hotel instructions to reuse it. Hilton, please don't have a green or environmental policy if your staff are going to ignore it!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank DollyDimpleAbroad
D0laO, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton London - Westminster, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear DollyDimpleAbroad,

Thank you for your review of the DoubleTree by Hilton London - Westminster. We appreciate you taking the time to provide detailed feedback of your recent visit, and are pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay. I am particularly delighed that we were able to accomodate your early check-in request, which led to a great start to your stay.

I have noted your feedback on our breakfast prices. We do regularly conduct surveys with regards to our pricing structure to ensure we remain competitive with similar properties in the London marketplace; however, I am sorry that you did find this to be expensive. Please note that we now offer Breakfast Vouchers on arrival at a heavily discounted rate, so please feel free to take advantage of this on your next visit.

I am sorry that your bath linens were replaced despite your adherence with the Reuse and Reduce policy information provided. Please be assured that we take your feedback very seriously, and I have forwarded your comments to our Head Housekeeper for quality and training purposes within her team. Thank you for bringing this to our attention, and please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience.

Other than this, I trust that the remainder of your stay was satisfactory. We appreciate your loyalty to our Brand, and look forward to welcoming you back to the DoubleTree Westminster again in the not too distant future. Please do let us know when you plan to return, so that we may welcome you personally.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

This is the 2nd time we have stayed at this hotel prior to taking cruise vacations. The hotel facilities are great. The location is within walking distance to the Tube & Hopon-Hopoff bus stops. The walk gives you lots of visuals &greenery without that congested feeling of Victoria & other locations west of City Center. I would stay here again without hesitation!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank John W
D0laO, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton London - Westminster, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear John W,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton London - Westminster. We appreciate you taking the time to leave detailed feedback of your stay, and are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our location and facilities useful for your needs.

Here at the DoubleTree Westminster, we are very proud of the positive contributions that members of the Trip Advisor community have left for us over the years, and it is a joy to add yours to this growing number.

Thank you once again. We appreciate your loyalty to our Brand, and hope to welcome you back to the DoubleTree Westminster in the not too distant future!

Reviewed 29 May 2014

For the price it couldn't be better. Exceptional value given the cost of other and inferior hotels. Other hotels in better known chains equally centrally located can be £100 to £150 more and feel and look very tired. If flying into Gatwick very convenient as minutes away from Victoria and the Gatwick Express and only a 15/20 minute walk through St James's Park into Mayfair - perfect.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
1  Thank James R
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel because it was right next door to the mill bank conference centre. My first stay in a doubletree but a frequent hilton guest, I wasn't quite sure what to expect. At check in I upgraded to a junior suite which was very disappointing - exactly as described to be fair but it's just a slightly longer room with pretty much the same furnishings as a standard room. My colleague in a standard room didn't even notice the difference!

The iMac TV/computer combo is a great idea until you sit in bed to watch TV, when all of a sudden I felt 5 years old staring at a tiny portable TV screen in the corner of the room!

Service was excellent and the public areas of the hotel are great, it's just a shame about the quality of the guest rooms.

The building site opposite the hotel was a bit annoying but it won't be there forever. The pile driving starting at 6am was a great wake up call (despite not having to be up until 9:30 the first day!) perhaps the hotel should be more proactive in pressuring Westminster council to enforce the noise prohibition before 8am.

Whilst the wifi is "free" I found it so frustrating that I disconnected and used my mobile signal instead. As a quality, reputable brand you really do need to ensure this almost essential service matches the other standards of the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the river side of the building to avoid construction noise
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear KevinEmbleton,

Thank you for your review of the DoubleTree Westminster. We appreciate you taking the time to provide detailed information regarding your stay.

I am sorry to see that our deluxe Rooms did not meet with your expectations. All our rooms have been designed to offer a comfortable stay with all the facilities you may expect from a 4-star property, making maximum use of the limited space available in a prime city centre location, and I can recommend upgrading to one of our King City Suites if more space is needed.

The construction taking place in the local area is regrettably beyond our control; however, our Property Manager is in contact with the managers for the site, and all aspects of the work are being carefully monitored on a daily basis to ensure compliance with safety guidelines. Please be assured that we will certainly lodge a complaint with Westminster Council if there is evidence of construction works commencing before 8.00am.

I am also sorry to see that the Wi-Fi was poor during your visit. We have recently had some challenges with our signalling router; however, we have now been able to isolate and rectify the fault, so all is in now in good working order. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience.

Thank you once again for your review. I am sorry that your experience with us was not as positive as you would have liked, but thank you for sharing this with us nonetheless, as all feedback, positive or negative, is an opportunity to learn from any mis-steps and improve our service. We do appreciate your loyalty to our Brand, and hope to one day welcome you back to the DoubleTree Westminster for a stay that you will fully enjoy.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

The lobby looks excellent and the staff is nice, but the rooms leave a bit to be desired.

The bathroom is far too tiny and there were yellow stains on the tile behind the toilet. It felt like the bathroom moved under my feet! But worst of all, there was a loud buzzing noise coming from the wall that kept us awake. Didn't feel like changing rooms, so have no idea if others are better, but the halls seem dingy and there's construction surrounding the outside of the hotel. We didn't hear the construction though.

If you're looking at this for a base for a London trip, you may feel like it's far away from most of the action. I'd recommend Covent Garden area instead. This hotel is near Houses of Parliament and Westminster Abbey but you'll have to hike or take the Tube elsewhere. It's dead at night.

One positive is that the instant organic coffee provided is pretty good!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
D0laO, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton London - Westminster, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear moonslice,

Thank you for your review of your recent visit to the DoubleTree Westminster. We appreciate you taking the time to provide detailed feedback regarding your stay.

I am sorry that you found the bathroom rather compact for your needs. This is a common feature with most London properties, and I can recommend upgrading to one of our King City Suites if further space is required as the bathrooms are significantly larger and offer both a walk-in shower and a separate bathtub.

I have noted your comments on the discoloration in the bathroom. If you could kindly contact us with further details on the room you stayed in, we can investigate this in further detail and make any repairs if required. Thank you for bringing this to our attention, and please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience. We do have a 24-hour Duty Manager who is happy to respond to any and all queries, no matter the time of day; in future, please feel free to utilise this service so that we can resolve any issues to your satisfaction whilst you are still in-house.

I am sorry that you were not pleased with the Hotel's location. The DoubleTree Westminster is conveniently close to several Central London attractions and shopping districts without the disadvantage of the hustle and bustle that usually accompanies it. We are often described as an oasis of calm within the City, as our guests get the benefits of a Central London hotel whilst maintaining a peace and quiet that belies the busy City. Most of our guests enjoy the proximity of the Hotel to several iconic london sights like the River Thames, Westminster Abbey, the London Eye, Victoria Gardens and the Houses of Parliament, all of which are within easy walking distance of the Hotel. There are always taxis right outside the Hotel and a number of bus stops close by for those who may prefer not to walk, and our dedicated Guest Services team is always on hand to provide our guests with detailed information regarding local pubs, restaurants, tourist attractions and public transport access.

Thank you once again for your review. I am very sorry that your experience with us was not as positive as those of others in this site, but thank you for sharing this with us, and we do hope to one day welcome you back to the DoubleTree Westminster and for an experience that you will fully enjoy.