DoubleTree by Hilton London - Westminster
  • Breakfast included
  • Room Service
Blades Hotel(London)
6,716 results
All reviewstate britainmillbank loungecity cafeimac computerpimlico tubebig benthe executive loungeapple tvminute walkwarm cookieslondon eyedouble treevictoria linequiet locationbuilding workthames rivermodern hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 July 2014

My wife and I stayed here for 8 days the first part of July, 2014. We had an Executive level room and were very pleased with the room, hotel, service and location of the hotel. The staff was friendly and helpful and there are some very nice pubs within walking distance of the hotel. There was construction going on around the hotel, which concerned both my wife and I upon check-in. However, the construction did not start until 8:00AM and it always ended by 5:30PM.

The hotel is well contructed which lends itself to a pretty quite nights sleep. The rooms are not cheap. However, the executive level rooms come with complimentary hot breakfast (which was very good) and free snacks and drinks (beer and wine) in the evening. If you can take advantage of the executive lounge, the cost becomes more reasonable.

If you are looking for raucus night life and partying, this hotel is not for you. If you are looking for a clean, friendly, well located, quiet hotel then this is the place for you. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would not hesitate to stay at this property again.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Only spent one night at the Doubletree but it was New Modern & the breakfast area was good. Bit of a que in the morning but food good staff very friendly. Cannot fault it. Rooms had free wifi and internet access with apple computers to use. Iron & Board, Tea & Coffee, good bathroom, spacious.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Great location for our short stay in London. Short walk to tube at Pimlico station and to Westminster (Big Ben etc)
Nice tree lined street but new buildings being constructed next door and across the road although no noise issues. Spent some time watching the crane and the operator. Breakfast was included with our booking and there was a good selection of food. There is a lounge bar upstairs and a nice waiting area in the lobby.
Short walk to shops and cafés.

Room Tip: Our room on the 9th follow as great.
Reviewed 31 July 2014

The pre-travel help was wonderful The Concierge was available via email, and the car was waiting for us at the airport when we arrived. The staff at this htoel is professional and warm. The hptel is clean, with nice amenities, and lives up to the Hilton name.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I reviewed the Doubletree Westminster 2 years ago and knew when I stayed there the first time that I had found "my" London hotel. This year marked my 6th visit to London and this is the only hotel I've stayed in more than once! It's on a quiet little street off of Millbank Road and Horseferry Road, near Lambeth Bridge. With its location between the Westminster Tube Stop (Central, District, and Jubilee Lines) and the Pimlico Station (Victoria Line), it is extremely easy to get to any part of London or any train station. We were able to fit three adults in our Queen Deluxe Room (Queen plus rollaway for an extra £40/night) and though it was not terribly spacious, the size was perfectly adequate. There was some confusion at check-in as we had originally requested a King room for two before we added our third person and had called the hotel direct to make the change. But upon arrival, while showing 3 in the room, the King bed was still confirmed, which would not accommodate a rollaway. However, Markus Urban at the reception desk took a few minutes to straighten everything out and, though the hotel was full, we were accommodated. Both times I have checked in to this hotel at around 9:30 in the morning and I was given a room right away! The hotel has free wifi (almost unheard of in London!) and there is a restaurant in the hotel. We preferred to grab coffee and a light breakfast in the morning from the Pret a Manger around the corner or at our first stop of the day. Easy walk from here to anything in Westminster, the Imperial War Museum, the Tate Modern, and even Buckingham Palace. London is so beautiful from the streets so we prefer to walk as much as possible instead of taking the tube, but either is an option from here. The beds are extremely comfortable and the small bathroom has the best hotel shower I've ever used. And I would still give them this rating if it weren't for the Doubletree Chocolate Chip cookies on arrival!

Room Tip: I've asked for a room on a high floor with a river view twice since I understand those are the best, but I've been on the 3rd floor on the street side since those were not available. It's important to know that the street is extremely quiet so it is no problem being on that side!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends