DoubleTree by Hilton London - Westminster
US$258
US$191
Priceline
6,767 results
All reviewstate britainmillbank loungecity cafeimac computerpimlico tubebig benthe executive loungeapple tvminute walkwarm cookieslondon eyedouble treevictoria linequiet locationbuilding workthames rivermodern hotel
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Title says it all. Just would add that service is quite good--lots of staff. We are part of a small group with a pre-cruise stay. The rooms remind me of the cruise ship as does the hallways. Rooms and public areas are crisp and almost have a Scandinavian feel to them. No frills. Very close to Westminster Cathedral, Parliament, etc. Would consider again. Free wifi in room and throughout hotel. Wish the room and bathroom were bigger but this is just a prelude to the cruise ship where things are smaller still. As you exit the elevator, it directs you to your bedrooms--mine is bigger at home.

Room Tip: Get a room on a higher floor as ours on the second floor overlooked the parking deck. Needed to keep the drapes drawn for privacy
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank fossil1
D0laO, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton London - Westminster, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Dear stephenMilford,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the DoubleTree Westminster. I am pleased to see that you generally enjoyed your stay, and that our location and facilities are well-suited to your needs.

I am sorry that you were disappointed with the size of your room. This is a common feature with most London properties due to space constraints, however please be assured that all our rooms have been designed to offer our guests a comfortable stay with all the facilities you may expect from a 4-star property, making maximum use of the limited space available in a prime city centre location.

Thank you once again. We appreciate your loyalty to our Brand, and very much look forward to welcoming you back to the DoubleTree Westminster on your next visit to London.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

The location is great, just a 2 minute walk to the Thames, 5 minutes to the underground and about 10 minutes walk to Big Ben. We were upgraded to a room on the 9th floor with views of the Thames ( Just about). The room was a little tight but was adequate. Breakfast was great, fresh, hot and top class. We did not have dinner in the hotel but expect similar to breakfast. The bar on the 2nd floor was nice, but quite. Staff were friendly and helpful.
This is a great hotel, particularly for a short city break as its within a short distance of some great city locations and the superb London Underground.

Room Tip: choose the 9th floor if possible
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Howdidodi,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton London - Westminster. It's a pleasure to receive such detailed positive feedback of your stay, and we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our location and facilities convenient and useful.

Here at the DoubleTree Westminster, we are very proud of the number of positive contributions that the Trip Advisor community has left for us over the years, and it is a joy to add yours to this growing number. I have shared your comments with the team, and we are all very encouraged by your kind words.

Thank you once again. We appreciate your loyalty to our Brand, and hope to welcome you back to the DoubleTree Westminster in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

I went to London on a short sightseeing trip, and didn't spend much time in my room other than to sleep for a few hours.
I arrived at the DoubleTree around 11am after a long overnight flight from Orlando. I was greeted by friendly staff that allowed me to check in right away.
The room was clean and comfortable. There is an Apple computer in the room that doubles as the TV.
Both restaurants in the hotel were wonderful with exceptional food and attentive staff.
There is always a queue of taxis outside of the hotel which made getting around easier. The hotel is also within walking distance of an underground station, Westminster Abbey and several great restaurants such as the Cinnamon Club.
I used their laundry service which was very helpful. An employee picked up the laundry at my door around 7pm, and everything was laundered and hanging in my room when I returned the following afternoon.
The only drawback is that there is quite a bite of construction going on across the street from the hotel, but I didn't notice any construction noise or nuisance.
I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo

Dear SarahCarlson,

Thank you for your detailed review of your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton London - Westminster. It's a pleasure indeed to receive such glowing feedback, and such a joy to know that you enjoyed your visit.

Here at the DoubleTree Westminster, we strive to provide the highest standards of service that our guests enjoy and have come to expect from our Brand. It is therefore very rewarding when this has been achieved and our efforts kindly recognised by valued guests such as you. I have shared your kind comments with the team, and we are all very encouraged by your kind words.

I'm delighted our location is suitable to your needs. We have often been described as an oasis of calm in London, as you get all the benefits of a Central London hotel without the hustle and bustle of the city that usually accompanies it, and I am pleased that the construction works in the local area did not detract from your enjoyment of your stay.

Thank you once again for your kind review. We appreciate your loyalty to our Brand, and hope to welcome you back to the DoubleTree Westminster in the not too distant future!

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Facilities were excellent, I liked the computer in the room and being able to access catch up TV. Food in the bar very tasty with a beer. Service faultless. Air conditioning on a hot humid day in London worked better than some hotels I've stayed in.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
D0laO, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton London - Westminster, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear Mike A,

Thanks for your kind review of your stay at the DoubleTree Westminster. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience, and are pleased to see that you enjoyed your visit.

We hope to welcome you back to the DoubleTree Westminster in future. Please do let us know when you plan to return, so that we may welcome you personally.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Spend the weekend here 8 - 10 August 2014. On arrival at my room i found 2 single duvets on my double bed. This took over 2 hours to sort out. First house keeping said they had no double duvets and to contact reception which i did. After 15 minutes trying to contact reception they said they would have one sent straight to my room. over an hour later nothing so had to go back to reception and complain to get it sorted.

The room size was fine for a double but the bathroom was on the small side. The hotel is a 5 minute walk from the Houses of Parliament. Its in a great location and ideal for people in London to see the sites.

On the down side there is a lot of building work all round the hotel including on Saturdays from 9 am onwards so if your looking for a lie in this probably isn't the place at the minute.

The breakfast in the mornings was fantastic and one of the best i have had in many hotel stays.

Overall it is a really nice hotel but could improve on customer service. And be warned it is a building site surrounding this hotel at present.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear CMGtralalalala,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the DoubleTree Westminster. I am pleased to see that you generally enjoyed your stay, and that our facilities are well-suited to your needs.

I am sorry that you had some linen issues on your arrival. I have forwarded your feedback to our Head Housekeeper, who has initiated retraining within her team to ensure that all her staff are able to provide the high standards of service that our guests appreciate and have come to expect from our Brand. Thank you for bringing this to our attention, and please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience.

I am glad that you found our location convenient. The DoubleTree Westminster is conveniently close to several Central London attractions and shopping districts without the disadvantage of the hustle and bustle that usually accompanies it. We are often described as an oasis of calm within the City, as our guests get the benefits of a Central London hotel whilst maintaining a peace and quiet that belies the busy City.

Here at the DoubleTree Westminster, we pride ourselves on the high standards of service that we provide, and it is a pleasure to see when this has been achieved and our efforts kindly recognised. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your breakfast, and I have forwarded your kind comments to the team, who are delighted to have made such a good impression.

Thank you once again. We appreciate your loyalty to our Brand, and I hope to welcome you back to the DoubleTree Westminster on your next visit to London.