“horrible”

We can't find prices for this hotel
The Ivy House Hotel
Ranked #850 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Milan, Italy
“horrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2011

in one word we can say that this hotel is distusting: the rooms are 2meters for 3, you cannot move inside and there is neither place for your luggage, about the bathroom is better to not speak about and in general is very dirty..the only positive aspect is that is located in a very good position: 2 minutes from victoria station and 10 from the big ben

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank gtosi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Doncaster
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2010

Me and my friend recently went on a trip to London and chose the Ivy house hotel to stay in as it was cheap and looked like a decent hotel on the website. When we got there we were discusted with what we were given and how they could even call it a room. It was a tiny boxed size room with a bunkbed and then a single bed, the sheets looked filthy and the carpet was discusting as soon as we entered the room there was this discusting smell and the bathroom (if you could call it that) smelt even worse. In the end we decided that we just couldn't stay there so made a complaint and finally got our money back and went and stayed at the Days inn hotel up the road. Dont ever stay at this hotel its just discusting and most definately the worst hotel I have ever been in.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank KittyKat06

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

aarhus, denmark
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2010

cloaked drain, the smallest rooms in the world, lousy cleaning, smallest old tv with only 2 channels, cant recommend!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jacobworsoe
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2010

Like everyone has said… you get what you pay for.

The hotel is cheap. It’s one tiny little step up from a hostel. There’s no promise of great amenities or service. You basically get about 100 square feet of space (if that), a bed to sleep in, a toilet to take care of business on and a roof over your head. There’s not even a tub… just a shower head that sticks out of the wall (if you’re lucky enough to book a room that has a private bathroom).

It’s all about location for this hotel. It’s just a block and a half from Victoria Station. So it’s perfect as a cheap place to rest your head in the center of London. I personally wouldn’t stay for more than one night, because the bathroom is a bit scary, and I wouldn’t pay more than 50 pounds for a room.

But if you go in with realistic expectations, you won’t be disappointed, and you’ll be in the center of London.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank Chonger711
Chicago
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2009

Room still had previous guest's belongings in the room. They said they would clean it but all they did was take out the guests shoesand bags leaving the used sheets towel and soap. I walked around the corner and booked at the Comfort Inn instead. Do NOT book at the Ivy. The Holly House Hotl is the same hotel. Don't be taken in by the lownprice. Stay at a hostel for the same price but without the stained, moldy, and smelly bathroom and horrible room!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled solo
3 Thank Savah09
St Louis, Missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2008

I booked at this hotel (again before joining TripAdvisor and reading any reviews!) for one night. The pictures on the website look nothing like the actual hotel. I was looking for something cheap and I found it in all respects. I paid 29 pounds for a single en suite. When I arrived I paid at the security window (no lobby) and got a room in the basement across from the dining room. Instead of one single bed there were actually two, along with a teeny tiny bathroom (smallest I've ever seen), a television and a mini fridge. The beds and towels appeared to be clean but the floor was pretty filthy and there were air fresheners dotting the room. I noticed right away that there was an apparatus on the wall that beeped every few minutes. I went back upstairs and got a gentleman to come check and it turned out to be a carbon monoxide detector with failing batteries. Instead of replacing the batteries, he just removed the detector from the room. I was traveling solo and the lock on the door appeared flimsy so I pulled the second bed in front of the door that night. Despite its small size the shower was strong and hot. Breakfast was simple, cornflakes and toast. There was no hairdryer available. Employees unfriendly and unhelpful. I would not stay there again.

• Stayed January 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank anglophile73
staffs
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2007

Well I couldnt even bear to stay there so I lost £80. Booked for 2 nights and I stupidly paid on arrival as I was asked. The carpet was filthy, the bathroom was a cupboard and when I moved the bed away from the wall the skirting board was caked in what looked like sick!! No way could I sleep, shower or eat there!!

Stayed June 2007