“Awesome !”
Review of Space Apart Hotel

Space Apart Hotel
Ranked #433 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 27 June 2013

Me and my family choose this property based on the reviews here, as per we expected the hotel's location is very convenient , closed to many restaurants and shops , slightly away from the crowd , clean and well equip , love it !

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank AliceLLM

Reviewed 26 June 2013

My husband and I stayed here on our first trip to London. We found the Space Apart Hotel chic and hip without being at all pretentious or too over-the-top. We really felt "at home" there!

Most of all, it was comfortable, while still adding a little character and ambiance to our first 5-night London experience. The room had all kinds of neat bells and whistles like adjustable bed, DVD player and ipod dock, towel warmers, and of course, the well-stocked full-service kitchen. The free wifi was definitely a plus!

The gentlemen at the front desk were always cordial and friendly, and very welcoming checking us in. They not only made us feel welcome at the hotel, but welcome in London as well!

We booked one of the standard rooms (at the least expensive rate), and we were worried that maybe we should have booked the Premium room after hearing how small the standard rooms are. But it turned out to be surprisingly roomy. We had a room on the ground floor, (the door directly next to the staircase) and we found it incredibly spacious.

The bed and pillows were SO comfortable. I slept really well there, which is not even something I can always say for myself at home. I'm a bit of a restless sleeper, but I felt comfortable, safe, and relaxed at the Space Apart. The worst noise we heard was the sound of birds singing early in the morning. And by "worst", I mean "quite lovely." :)

Unfortunately we did get the one room without the in-room washer/dryer, but the very nice gentleman at the front desk told us we could use the washer/dryer on the third floor any time. We ended up having more than one small load of laundry anyway, so my husband very easily found a laundromat nearby and popped out to do some laundry while I was getting ready one day, which didn't take long, and he didn't seem bothered by it. :) We used the third floor washer to do our towels. I had thought the in-room washer/dryer was going to be one of the key features most utilized by us, but not having it really didn't take away from our enjoyable stay in the least.

It is to be noted that you are in charge of your own housekeeping at this hotel, because it is actually a "service apartment." A bucket of cleaning supplies is provided in your room. Again, this did not take away from our enjoyment of our stay whatsoever. We managed to keep the room tidy.

The bathroom was kind of small, but efficiently designed, and really cool. The wall texture and the cool lighting really added a fun funky vibe to the room, and the raindance shower was roomy enough, and very luxurious and relaxing after a long day walking around London. I also found I had plenty of room to do my hair and makeup in there.

The hotel also had a DVD and book library with a great selection. We were delighted that they even had four seasons of our favorite British show (Peep Show) in their DVD library!

We enjoyed stocking up on a few food items (and having cold drinks in the fridge!) and eating some of our meals in the room. We didn't go to great lengths to cook anything too elaborate, but you actually could if you wanted to. The kitchen comes with a full range of cooking equipment.

There are plenty of little grocers and markets around within easy walking distance. We bought some delicious and fun "specialty" food items at Marks & Spencer (loved that store!) and some great basic fresh groceries at Sainsburys as well.

The hotel is also in easy walking distance to the Bayswater Tube station, so it is really easy to get anywhere you need or want to go in London! The Kensington Gardens Square area is a lovely neighborhood of white-columned buildings, and there are plenty of restaurants, pubs and shops nearby. (Even a small, stylish shopping mall! Look for Marks & Spencer there.) Just walk out the door and see what strikes your fancy!

I am really glad we chose the Space Apart for our first stay in London. I compared rates and reviews of many hotels before choosing this one, and for the money, you can't beat the quality and location. We had a great time!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 June 2013

This apartment was in a great location, close to underground and within a few minutes of lots of restaurants and bars. Accomodation was spotless, well equipped and although small (this is normal for London) it was a good use of space, although the bed which was on a mezzanine level was a little difficult to get into as you cant stand up straight! Just as well Im only 5,2!
On the whole I would definately stay again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Stacey C
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Thoroughly enjoyed my stay here. The staff are friendly and helpful, and as a single female traveller, I felt very safe.

I had a studio apt. on the ground floor and was delighted with all the facilities, which included a dishwasher and washing machine. The apt. was clean and attractively furnished. I really appreciated the consistently piping hot water and heated towel rail. The weather has been chilly and wet and it was great to return to a warm room, and have no problems drying my coat etc. The free WiFi is also a big plus.

The atmosphere is quiet and peaceful, and the hotel is part of an attractive square. It is only 5 mins walk to Bayswater tube and central London can be reached within less than half an hour. There is a Sainsburys Local in Westbourne Grove nearby.

I had a lovely stay here and would not hesitate to recommend it.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front have a view of the square. My room was towards the rear of the building but I ex...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 June 2013

Given the relatively modern fit-out and the excellent facilities - which include a stove, microwave and washer/dryer as well as a fridge - this hotel is a bargain. And unlike a lot of budget London hotels, there's enough room to swing a cat . . . just.

Bayswater itself is a bit of a blah area for tourists, apart from its proximity to Hyde Park, but you're close to a number of tube stops that put you in easy reach of much of London.

One negative was that my room in the basement got no natural light. Also, the linen on the bed is very cheap and probably could have been replaced a while back.

Room Tip: Try to avoid the basement
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank jedro11
Reviewed 9 June 2013

I found this property on Agoda, and booked a standard double stuido after reading the glowing reviews here on Tripadvisor. The rooms are Incredibly well-appointed/equipped. Located across from a quiet garden square and surrounded by great restaurants and transport links, Space Apart really felt like home during my stay over 18 nights.

Despite arriving rather late (flight delay meant I only reached the hotel well after midnight) I had no problems checking in. The night manager (Phillip,who resides on-site) checked me in quickly and gave a tour of the room's facilities, which included a kitchenette complete with dishwasher, as well as a washer/dryer. There were pans, pots, plates, bowls, glasses, etc in the cabinets as well, which allowed me to cook simple meals instead of eating out or getting takeaway every night. The bathroom was compact, but incorporated a rain shower. There were also 2 built in wardrobes, with tons of storage as well as a small safe to store valuables.

Having lived for 12 years in London, I was not expecting the room to be huge, unlike other reviews which have criticized the lack of spaciousness of the rooms. Anyone familiar with major cities like London (or Hong Kong, Singapore, Tokyo, etc.) will understand that it is extremely rare to find this combination of price/space in a central location. If you do a comparison of other service flats and apartments on offer, there are almost none which can match the location and average room rate.

The management team deserves a special mention for being very friendly and helpful, especially Phillip and David. Will definitely be coming back on future trips to London.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 June 2013

Neat and cozy place to stay, modern but have a good ambience. Everything you need is well provided. Located in the heart of London with good access for public transportation. Super friendly management that always accomodate your need.

• Stayed: May 2013