“Small Tiny rooms”
Review of Space Apart Hotel

Space Apart Hotel
Ranked #431 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 1 October 2013

We booked this hotel based on all the positive reviews on Trip Advisor. When we checked in they gave us a room in the basement number B04. The bathroom was so small and one could hardly enter the shower. There were 2 large hot water boilers in the room which provided hot water for the building which seemed as a safety hazard. The room seems to be designed around a corridor as it is very narrow and long. The gentlemen that checked us in wasn't very friendly. In fact he was stuck up. I requested for a room change and he offered me a even tinier room a flight of stairs in front of the lobby and he had a "take it or leave it attitude". The next day another gentlemen by the name of Philip (very friendly and helpful) offered us another room in the basement. Room B05. Although the room was also extremely tiny it was square and alot more practical. Again take it or leave it so we had no choice but to accept it. The room had a small tiny window that is covered up so we could not look out. This hotel offered no housekeeping and zero service. For long stay guest, they would have to wash the sheets, towels and take the rubbish out themselves. We paid GBP140 per night and its way over priced for a hotel with no housekeeping or breakfast. There are plenty of better choice for that price.
On the positive side the hotel is well located. It is just 10 minutes walk to the restaurants & Tube station in Bayswater.
There are better rooms at this hotel and we were allocated a lousy one. If you are planning to book this hotel, you must specify that you do not want a room in the basement or the rooms facing the reception area as that will really ruin your stay.

Room Tip: Do not accept rooms in the basement.
8  Thank James C
There are newer reviews for Space Apart Hotel

Reviewed 25 September 2013

We enjoyed Space Apart hotel for our short stay in London. The staff was very helpful and explained everything in our room. The room was a nice size with lots of amenities and everything was clean. I picked this hotel based on price and room more than location, but we ended up enjoying the location and some local restaurants. The only thing keeping me from giving this hotel the 5th star was that I wish the bed was bigger. Otherwise no complaints.

Easy walk to the Tube to get where you need to go. The touristy places take about 30 minutes to get to. I compared the location to where I live just outside of NYC and taking the train in. I usually prefer to stay in the center of things but you really cannot beat the value of this hotel.

1  Thank LoraJae
Reviewed 17 September 2013

We got the basement room (B05) which was a little cramped in my opinion. We loved everything in the room (a little small, but that is expected) except for the bed which was extremely squeaky. When you turn in bed, it will just keep squeaking and was a major turn off for me. Other than that, everything was well planned. A mini kitchen with all the utensils you can ask for. Extremely quick wifi. Very helpful service. Central as well and easy to find Asian/halal food in the area. When you are at the doorway, turn to the left if you want Malaysian food fix (which we so desperately needed) and to the right for the Bayswater Station (Jubilee Line) or walk a little bit more Queensway (Central line). Excellent value for money (other hotels were SO expensive). We paid $1100 for 4 nights. Book a car for airport transfer (call justairports) for 37 pounds - good value.

You could also call for delivery of food (just get a pamphlet from the reception) if you're lazy (like us when we checked in at 10pm) and pay online. Very easy.

Taxi costs under 10 pounds from Primark (Oxford Circus). So its pretty central.

Overall, I had a good stay in this place. Better than Hilton Kensington (no free wifi and super tiny). :)

Room Tip: Choose the higher floors if you have a bigger budget.
Reviewed 1 September 2013

My partner and I stayed here for a week in June 2013, I had researched a lot to find a reasonably priced hotel/apartment with everything we need and this place had it all plus excellent reviews. Very helpful service and the room was great, had everything we needed and the washing machine/dryer was a life saver! It was in a really nice area as well, we felt very safe and there were two tube stations close by. All up a great reasonably priced hotel!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 September 2013

I ve pretty much enjoyed my stay at the Space Apart Hotel. Clean, comfy and full of interesting amenities you would not expect from a studio like hotel...great position, however be aware of the its strange neighbors...

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Alessandro B
Reviewed 30 August 2013

This is my second time staying at Space Apart. The first time was in 2011 with two girlfriends, this time with my partner. Our room was smaller, but still probably larger than most London hotel rooms! Having the kitchen and washing machine is so handy, especially when you have been travelling for awhile. Rooms are modern, clean, bed was a little small for two but not a significant issue. Shower a little tricky. Location really is excellent, close to two tube lines. Lots of options locally for food. Front desk staff were always helpful. Easy to get around.

I love London so I am sure this won't be the last time I visit Space Apart!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2013

This was our third trip to London, but the first with our daughter. Finding a place that would accommodate children (in our price range) was harder than I anticipated. However, we found that place. We had previously stayed in "true" hotels in Mayfair, but this time wanted wanted something that felt more like home. Space Apart fit that bill perfectly.

Our room was not quite ready when we arrived fairly early in the morning. The wonderful staff offered us a different room (more on that later) or the option to store our bags. We opted to keep our top floor room and just store the bags. The staff didn't even bat an eye when the crazy jet-lagged Americans proceeded to open suitcases in the middle of the check-in corridor and pull out clean clothes. After going out for the rest of the day, we came back around 18:00 to find our bags already in the room. Our 8-year old daughter loved the room and thought the fact that it had a loft bedroom was the greatest thing ever.

The room itself was an average sized studio apartment, but had more than enough room for the 3 of us. We had to walk around one of the suitcases most of the time, but we could have probably made better use of the space. The only odd thing to us was the bathroom and shower were in the main living area separated by only a frosted glass door. But we got over that quickly and really enjoyed the room. However, having been there during a very hot week, I wish we had opted for the basement room. The loft area where the bed is located never really cooled down and was a little warm for me, but I like it very cold when sleeping.

The hotel is located on a wonderful quiet street just steps from everything. It is around 5 - 10 minutes from the Bayswater Underground station and just a few minutes from a very large shopping mall. It is also around a 10 - 15 minute walk from Kensington Gardens/Hyde Park. The street has a few other hotels and a number of what appeared to be residences. It was very quiet.

All in all we loved the location/hotel and will definitely consider it for our next trip.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family