“Perfect”

Ranked #421 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Dublin, Ireland
“Perfect”
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Myself and my boyfriend stayed here for three nights over the weekend and we couldn't fault a thing. The location is great, only about a 5 minute walk to bayswater tube station and about a minute walk to plenty of restaurants, pubs and shops. We also went to the Portobello market which we walked to in about 15 minutes through a lovely part of London. The apartment itself was perfect, so clean and modern and the staff were all very helpful. We would definitely recommend it and will be staying here again on our next trip!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank SJake2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Mauritius
Reviewed 8 February 2014

I stayed here for 6 nights which I fully enjoyed. We booked a 3 person room for two people and at about 30 sq meters it is much bigger than the average hotel room in London. The room has a great bed, nice sofa, dinning table, laundry machine, dishwasher, reasonable bath room and a great small kitchen facility. Just around the corner is a great road full of shops and restaurants and this made life easy. I loved the ability to go and get what you want and eat what I wanted for breakfast each day leisurely in the room watching the morning news, just like at home. The hotel is well located and it is was easy to walk to the places in London I needed to get to during the tube strike.

Note before you book, the hotel is an apartment concept and included in the price the room is only serviced once per week and you are left alone and there is no breakfast included. For me that was great, you can wash and dry what you want (and your towels) in the room in your own washer dryer. If you need any supplies of soap or toilet paper etc, just ask them and they will provide. In return for this simple concept you get a good room rate for London, a bigger room to a normal hotel in london, less people trampling around your room and your stuff and the ability to do what you want.

Points to work on, they need to work out an area for luggage storage in the room (which is possible with some thought), lighting in the bathroom needs to be improved and someone needs to vacuum the staircase. I would say they should provide two room cleanings per 7 days, this for me would be the best balance between their concept and a full hotel.

Would I come back, for sure and if I needed a hotel in the area then I will certain come here as I liked the flexibility of this concept and the team on the front desk who provided great service.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank SforSani
Vancouver
Reviewed 31 January 2014

The Space Apart had everything we needed to feel at home in London. Although it was small it was well organized, comfortable and clean. It had a table with chairs, a mini kitchen with a microwave & fridge and there was a M & S about 2 blocks away for supplies. The location was central and about a 5 minute walk to Bayswater Tube Station which worked well. We would return & would highly recommend.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank katblue
Island of Hawaii, Hawaii
Reviewed 31 December 2013

This hotel is a concept that we have wanted to try in other cities, so our experience in our apartment for four nights was great. We saved on breakfasts and drinks and snacks by virtue of the appliances in a small kitchen area. Our hosts were filled with information and helpful to give us perfect directions. The hotel is near Whitely Center for shopping and Bayswater offers a wide variety shops, pubs and restaurants. A stroll through Hyde Park and a tour of Kensington Palace are required, even on a rainy day.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dan F
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Stayed here for 1 night on a shopping break in between Xmas and New Year. Locations brilliant, 5 minute walk from Bayswater tube station – there’s also a high street with shops and restaurants with everything you could possible need.

I was in 201 and while the room was small the space was used very well and prefect for what I needed – I think one or two people could quite easily spend a week there.

There’s Wi-Fi and TV, also a kitchen which has pots and pans etc. I was surprised to see a washing machine and dishwasher but if you wanted to use these you’d have to go and buy detergent.

The bathroom was very small but perfectly functional – only gripe I had was the see through door.

The bed was a little creaky and I would’ve liked more pillows but nonetheless I had a good night’s sleep.

The staff member who checked us in was very nice and friendly and even showed us up to our room and switched everything on which was nice.

Overall I’d definitely stay here again and would recommend.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Helen T
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

Did we stay at the same hotel as all of these other reviewers?

We choose our hotels generally based on tripadvisor reviews, so when we saw this hotel with over 4.5 stars with 200+ reviews available for a decent price we booked it right away. I know European hotel rooms are generally quite small, but the size of our room was a joke. I should point out that I called ahead to request a room on the higher floor (again thanks to reviews mentioning basement rooms) which did get us a room on the 3rd floor; however, I didn't realize we'd be staying in a box with a kitchenette! This might be fine if you're a single traveller with an overnight bag, but there is certainly not enough room for a couple with suitcases. What's the point of having a kitchen if the only place you can sit and eat is on the bed that's 2 feet away? The bathroom was also tiny with the smallest shower I've ever been in (though to be fair, water temperature and pressure were okay).

Aside from the complete lack of space, the hotel also did not provide us with the most basic requirement, a good night of sleep. The bed had a very uncomfortable mattress and very thin pillows. My back was sore after one night in that bed! We also woke up to cleaning staff upstairs and in the hall making a ton of noise in the morning.

We would give the hotel maybe 3 stars based on the tiny size of the room, uncomfortable bed and pillows, and lack of daily cleaning service alone. But I'll have to take away a star based on the cleanliness of the room. On the surface everything looked fine, the bed was nicely made, kitchen looked clean, toilet had a note to say it was sanitized, etc but as you'll see from my pictures, the cleaning staff certainly missed a few spots! There was mold/dust in the vents both in the room and bathroom, a disgusting line of dust in the doorframe right next to our bed, and what looked like mold in the corner of our shower. The underside of the toilet seat also looked gross, not "sanitized" by any means!

On the positive side, the hotel is very well located and the staff was friendly. There are some nice amenities in the room such as washer dryer (be warned, if you want clean towels and sheets throughout your stay you are expected to use these), adjustable bed, etc but this doesn't make up for the negatives we experienced. Needless to say, we won't be coming back!!

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank C4MB
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 12 December 2013 via mobile

Really liked this hotel. We are a family of two adults and a teenager and found the rooms to be comfortably ample in size (especially for London), and for self catering there are lots of food stores to buy supplies ranging from the ordinary to the gourmet. The staff are very helpful and keen to please. We stayed in the loft room on the top floor (room 402), which was very comfortable with some good views across the London rooftops and a terrace which would be great in summer. We enjoyed the proximity to Kensington Gardens, Knightsbridge and Notting Hill. We would definitely stay again, and highly recommend this hotel for a London stay.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family