All reviewspaddington tube stationsussex gardenssmall hotelshower and toilettea coffee making facilitiesrestaurants and shopscontinental breakfastoxford streetfull englishthree nightsslippers
Reviewed 12 April 2011

I stayed at this hotel with some colleague while on a 3 day business trip from Bristol. The hotel was arranged for us by the company that we work for; on previous occasions we have been put up in some fabulous hotels in Paddington however on this occasion we were to stay here.

So I read some of the other reviews on here before checking in but I still checked in, optimistically. I really wish I had not bothered!

The room was small but I could cope with it as it was just me - that was until I sat on the bed and was thrown to the other side of the room. The bed was on wheels!

To get to my room I had to walk down some metal fire-escape type stairs which when I returned from dinner were wet (it had been drizzling) - when I slipped and landed at the bottom in a heap - nobody noticed I'd even fallen. When I complained, they looked at me blankly.

I then had to complain to reception because the only way I could turn the lamp off at the bedside was by turning the entire electricity off in the room by removing my card! The switch was broken. I asked to be moved and they told me they were full!

My colleague had to leave the hotel at 10pm at night and at his own expense had to check into another hotel because his bed was covered in bedbugs when he arrived back from dinner! He complained to reception and the only excuse/apology he got was "We are fully booked".

I really would not recommend this hotel to anybody and will be reporting them - if you want my opinion, stay somewhere else! It's not worth the hassle of staying here!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Ashley121273
Reviewed 27 February 2011

Small Hotel but all staff are very friendly, good location . Clean and good service

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Kyriacos2011
Reviewed 19 February 2011

Set in a reasonable area of Paddington close to the underground. Rooms were small but clean, the ensuite was the smallest we've ever seen but, adequate for our two night stay. However, on our first morning there was no hot water at all and a cold shower in mid February is not to be recommended. The member of staff on the front desk(a very pleasant and friendly gentleman), explained that everyone was using the shower at the same time! Doesn't this happen in all hotels? The next morning we had no such problems even though the hotel had more guests. Breakfast of the continental variety consisted of - cereals, toast, boiled eggs, cheese and ham. Should you prefer a full english, there is a little cafe 150yds away that will serve your needs for £3.80. All in all a decent hotel for what we paid.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with OctopusTravel
Reviewed 14 December 2010

It was our first time in Beverley hotel. Small hotel with very friendly staff and good value for money. The location is very good, so close to the station and very good connection with the rest of the city as well as Heathrow airport.
It was all great, clean rooms, clean shower , nice breakfast but best of all - the staff. Just after a couple of stays they remembered my name and they always had great advice on how to get to places I needed and were more than happy to print me a map whenever I asked for one.. We enjoyed our stay and we will return soon.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
3  Thank mary2099
Reviewed 21 November 2010

I was very surprised, given the reviews I had read. This hotel is very well situated, close to Paddington station and to many restaurants shops and bars.
We arrived at the hotel a bit early and the friendly receptionist let us store our luggage. Our room was located on the front side of the hotel with a huge window almost 3m high overlooking at Sussex gardens, the room and bathroom were clean.
The breakfast was very good for continental breakfast. There was a good variety of items to choose from and everything was fresh.
We definitely return back in our next trip to London

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo