All reviews paddington tube station sussex gardens small hotel shower and toilet tea coffee making facilities restaurants and shops continental breakfast oxford street full english three nights slippers
Reviewed 31 July 2011

We only stayed here one night on the way back from a trip to Paris but the comparison between the Beverley City and our lovely little hotel in Paris that cost nearly £20 per night less couldn't have been more marked. We had to report to the Nayland Hotel a couple of doors down to check in as there is no night time reception at the Beverley City. We were on the second floor and as there was no lift we had to carry our cases up to our room which was so dingy and outdated that we felt instantly depressed. Tobacco yellow walls with bedspreads circa 1980. The bathroom was small but very clean with a good shower allbeit connected up the wrong way round so that I stood 5 minutes waiting for hot water which I only got when I moved the dial over to cold! The breakfast was basic but ok though the orange juice was the worst I've ever tasted, even my husband agreeed and he'll drink anything! We've stayed in far better 3 star hotels in London than this one and overall I wouldn't be able to recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Joyday
Reviewed 28 July 2011

I guess it's on par with other hotels in this area. Not cheap, tiniest room I've ever seen, 10 Euros for internet access, lousy breakfast. The only good thing I have say about this hotel, it was 7 minute walk from Paddington station. You couldn't pay me to stay here again. I take that back. You could pay me, but it would need to be quite a bit of $$$. Just IMHO.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 July 2011

We stayed in this hotel several times throughout our stay in the UK as the location is great. Paddington Station is very close, as are loads of cafes, pubs and restaurants as this is a very high density hotel area. Hyde Park is also very near and lovely way to wake up.
Breakfast is very basic, but the serving staff were very friendly and polite. The room was very clean, and also very basic. The only complaint I would make is the pillows are dreadful - if you are a fusy sleeper I would recommend bringing your own as even the spare pillows are old, flat and lumpy - this was in all three rooms we stayed in, not just one.
If you have a lot of luggage, or may have trouble carrying luggage up or down stairs request a ground floor room as there is no lift - this was no issue for us, but as the builing goes up several flights it may prove a hassel to some.
Appart from the pillow issue, would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ground floor room is best as there is no lift
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 May 2011

This is what we expected. We had two adjacent rooms on first floor as travelling with kids. Rooms small and very basic but we were only sleeping there. Position absolutely fabulous. Caught the express train from airport to Paddington and walked from station with wheeled bags. Good cheap restuarants in the cross street. Would go there again on a short trip.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
7  Thank MojoBrisbane
Reviewed 17 April 2011

Less than 2 min walk to Paddington tube station was a perfect location in London. Room was not large but I must say it was extremely clean and it had a nice feel. Shower and toilet was as clean as new, I was impressed. I was most impressed with the staff they were friendly and went out of their way to be helpful. The continental breakfast it was as much as you could ask for...everything was fresh and the coffee really hit the spot!
When reading Trip Advisor, I am frequently surprised by what people seem to expect from a small three star hotel. When I go on business trip I always travel 4 star, and there is a difference but I cannot expect as much when I pay myself and travel 3 or 2 stars. The Beverley city Hotel fulfilled my expectations.
Overall very nice pleasant and peaceful stay, I will definitely return on my next trip to London.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business