All reviews paddington tube station sussex gardens small hotel shower and toilet tea coffee making facilities restaurants and shops continental breakfast oxford street full english three nights slippers
Reviewed 18 February 2012

Do yourself a favour and give this place a miss. I now regret not consulting this website's reviews before deciding to book there. Although we didn't see any of the infamous cockroaches my wife spotted a "roach trap" placed in the hallway so clearly they do have "roach issues"! We had a room out the back below ground level which was small, dark and smelt of stale cigarette smoke. The bedsheets were ingrained with the stench of cigarettes and my pyjamas still stank when I got them home the following day. What's more we had an awful night's sleep because some inconsiderate residents were moving around and opening and closing doors at regular intervals throughout the night, and there didn't seem to be any staff around to do anything about it. The shower was good for 1 shower's worth of hot water and then it went cold. The only good thing is the location, and it's not like they're the only hotel in the area is it?

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Greg P
Reviewed 4 January 2012

For real? I stayed here about 7 years ago and it was the worst hotel ever, like something out of a movie. There was a cockroach in our room (and I see by other reviews here that they still have this problem). They blamed us for letting in cockroaches by leaving the window open (how else are we supposed to get fresh air in this hell hole).

The room was tight and the bathroom even tighter. There are no elevators and the stairways are narrow. And the towels are not exactly the cleanest. Skip the breakfast buffet, it's down in the claustophobic basement and they're cheap.

Actually, please skip this hotel altogether.

Room Tip: Avoid at all costs, even if they pay you.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 December 2011

To charge 62 pounds p.p. a night for a rat's nest like this should be criminal.
The room was situated below ground level, with no natural light coming in.
At night time we nearly froze to death in was they called a "bed". After a couple of nights sleeping in this hotel we began suffering from severe back pain. (Had to buy pain killers in the pharmacy). And they never changed the sheets. Bed spreads were discusting and itchy, probably around 30 years old and never washed.

The room had virtually no shelves to put our stuff, so everything had to be put on the floor or on the bed. Shower was OK, but the water didn't get warm until after about 5 mins.

Breakfast was a joke, and the "orange juice" looked radioactive...

London hotels are usually a bit expensive, but for the price they charge at this hotel, you would at least expect a bit more effort. These people don't even try.

Stay away from this place, please!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jonas E
Reviewed 24 October 2011

Do not go here if you dont want to share an allready not clean room and bed with roaches. We stayed for 3 nights and it was smelly , dirty sheets , and finally the last night we had cockroaches in our bed , this was on the 4:th floor as far up in te building as possibel. I dont even want to imagine what the basementrooms contains...

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank sofia i
Reviewed 1 September 2011

Location is great, just a 5min walk from Paddington station. But the hotel.. change if you still can ;) We needed to report at a different hotel as there was no staff in our hotel. They have basement rooms, which seem like a broomcupboard! I requested something better and got a room on the second floor, which was somewhat better with the natural light comming in. I don't understand why they wanted me in the basement room while they had other rooms available.

The room itself looks shabby, the wireless internet did not work in my room at all (though I had paid for it!). The bed wasn't too bad and the bathroom was ok. Breakfast was quite lousy and nothing continental about it, at all. I would defenitly stay somewhere else if I would visit this part of London again.

Room Tip: Don't get a room at all and if you can't help yourself: stay out of the basement!
  • Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business