“Horrible experience”

Beverley City Hotel
Ranked #923 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 6 September 2012

Receptionnist unfriendly, small room no window, breakfast uneatable, wall is so small that you can here what the neighbourgh say
DON T GO HERE.
For 90 pounds a night there are plenty of other hotel with best quality.

• Stayed: September 2012

Reviewed 24 August 2012

My room was on the 4th floor, no lifts and small narrow staircase, fortunately I was carrying a cabin case, no way would I have got a large suitcase all the way up those stairs. The breakfast room is a joke, no matter where you sit, you have o move to let people pass or get out fom their table. The waitress couldn't be more unhelpful. Breakfast finished at nine and at exactly nine o clock everything was taken away, if you were in the restaurant and wanted another coffee, hard luck. I over heard a young girl ask for bread for toast and she was told breakfast finishes at nine. The room was small I could nearly touch both walls stretching out my arms. The heat in the room was unbearable, I slept naked as that was the only way I could get to sleep.

Room Tip: To choose a good room use a different hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Silverfox21
Reviewed 13 August 2012

Booked à year in advance and got a lousy, small room in the basement with window towards the stairs and hallway.. Clean hotel, terrible breakfast that made us eat out every morning.. Staff okay but how much did we see them or need them? Our friends had à room on the 1st floor, twin room that was 5 meters long and 1,5 meters wide and a toilet/bathroom on just over 1 square meter..

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank JensChristian
Reviewed 3 August 2012

This hotel wasn't the worst I've stayed in - the rooms were fine, quiet and clean. But staying in a hotel to me means more than that; it means a nice breakfast in the morning and I expected if not free, then cheap Internet connection.

The breakfast was probably one of the worst hotel breakfasts I have experienced; white toast with chemical tasting marmalade and butter, boring cereal and then coffee and something that looked like juice but didn't taste like it. Trust me, I am not picky when it comes to food but we actually decided to skip the hotel breakfast (only available until 9am, by the way) our two last mornings to eat elsewhere.

Also, internet connection is available but to a fee of 10 pounds/24hrs, something I find ridiculously expensive! It would have been ok if it were 10 pounds for our whole stay, but paying that much per day seemed silly.

Considering the amount of hotels situated in the area, I would definitely try to find a different one the next time I go.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Hildans
Reviewed 27 April 2012 via mobile

I arrived at midnight, discovered I had to pay for my WiFi. After I paid I was told that, oh by way, the room that I have does not get Good reception and that I may have to use my phone in the lobby, which was what I had to do. The guy at the desk was very helpful in getting my phone to work. The room was cold, someone left a window open, and there was no hot water till the morning. I spent a miserable night .

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 12 March 2012

The hotel is situated in a very handy area , near 2 tube stations and near Paddington train station.
We were impressed with the cleanliness of the room and the bathroom.
The man at the reception was very kind and changed our room on a lower floor when we requested.
The breakfast staff always willing to serve with a nice smile.
We have enjoyed our stay , and we will return with the family.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank kate c
Reviewed 18 February 2012

Do yourself a favour and give this place a miss. I now regret not consulting this website's reviews before deciding to book there. Although we didn't see any of the infamous cockroaches my wife spotted a "roach trap" placed in the hallway so clearly they do have "roach issues"! We had a room out the back below ground level which was small, dark and smelt of stale cigarette smoke. The bedsheets were ingrained with the stench of cigarettes and my pyjamas still stank when I got them home the following day. What's more we had an awful night's sleep because some inconsiderate residents were moving around and opening and closing doors at regular intervals throughout the night, and there didn't seem to be any staff around to do anything about it. The shower was good for 1 shower's worth of hot water and then it went cold. The only good thing is the location, and it's not like they're the only hotel in the area is it?

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple