“Excellent Hotel”

Holiday Inn London - Camden Lock
Ranked #231 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Excellent hotel, Only a short (3 minute walk) from Camden tube station. The hotel itself is very modern and clean and the staff were very helpful.

The location is superb with Camden market only a short walk away and the area has plenty of bars and restaurants to choose from.

The only gripe I had with the hotel was the fact the I paid in excess of £120 for the night and this did not include breakfast!!! I was offered breakfast for an additional £9 but I decided against that and instead went to the Wetherspoon pub which in next door and opens at 8am.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank JonConcrete
HolidayInnCamdenLock, Manager at Holiday Inn London - Camden Lock, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Good to read you enjoyed such a great offer; our rates usually sit above the £200 mark (and without breakfast).

Now promise us to try our new breakfast concept please. It is probably the cheapest in the whole of London! Full access to freshly baked rustic baguettes, fresh and usually warm croissants (see another recent review), freshly made smoothie (of the day!), pancake flipped with love ... how could you resist to the call?

We can't wait to having you again on our fun side of town.

Eddy & your loving Camdeners
Holiday Inn London Camden Lock, where else would you be?

Reviewed 2 March 2014

My favourite hotel in the city for a while now has been refurbed..
I'm not sure about the tons of ikea furniture everywhere but it IS comfortable, the rooms are comfortable, the dining room is lighter and better for breakfast and it's still at the heart of this great area.
Theres a small business area with USB charging posts etc and next to it is a rock n roll tourist map of the area, my only tip would be, see this first... plan a morning walking the area.

Good call Holiday Inn, STILL my favourite!

Room Tip: away from the lock is quieter but boring... you don't come to camden to snooze
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mervous
Reviewed 1 March 2014

This is a great base. Everything about it is easy. great to get around and loads of atmosphere and pubs and shops on your doorstep, all the staff are lovely and the hotel rooms are great. Especially overlooking the canal. Go there

Room Tip: ask for a room overlooking the canal.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank gillian g
Reviewed 1 March 2014

We stayed two nights at this hotel recently for my son's Birthday. I had booked via another site and was unsure about the room we'd been allocated so I e-mailed the hotel twice, on 13th and again on 19th Feb asking what type of room we were in and if we could have a room overlooking the lock. I never had a reply to my questions, even after phoning up to check I'd got the correct e-mail address. When we arrived, we'd been allocated a family room with two double beds (room 128) but the only view from the window was of a solid brick wall and the room was very dingy because of this. Having said that, the room was clean and comfortable and we didn't spend much time in it.

The hotel location is great, for us it was straight on the Northern Line from St Pancras to Camden Town and then just a five minute walk through the bustling streets. There are loads of places to shop and restaurants nearby.

We had breakfast in the hotel which was brilliant. We were given a choice of tables and seated immediately. The food was of good quality and there was an extensive choice too.

Hotel staff were really friendly and welcoming throughout our stay and after checking out at 11am, we were able to leave our bags until teatime so that we weren't dragging them about all day.

I'm not sure if I'd stay again, as I like to try different areas of London and felt let down that the hotel never replied to my e-mails, but the staff there were lovely and the location is great.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank blades-fans
HolidayInnCamdenLock, Manager at Holiday Inn London - Camden Lock, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

We were definitely off to a bad start, but I'm glad your stay made up for it.

I am looking into what happened with your emails, because they are supposed to help us communicate; so rather worrying. Now, for our 'double doubles' (or 'twins'), they all face inward for a guaranteed beauty sleep for the whole family. Should you have an opportunity to come back for a romantic London weekend or concerts in the area, we'll make it extra special by upgrading you to some stunning views!

Thank you for your honest and detailed review. Please accept our apologies for the breakdown in communication.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

My wife and two daughters stayed at this hotel over the weekend and found it as they had expected a first class hotel.
It was clean, comfortable and ideally situated in the heart of Camden with the centre of London easily accessible. The staff were very friendly and helpful which makes the difference when on a weekend break.
The room was spacious for London standards and the beds comfortable and until we checked out would definitely stay there again.
After they checked out and left their bags at reception, going out for a bite of lunch one of my daughters remembered she had left one of her tee shirts in their room(321)After checking her bag they approached reception. They made some checks but told them it was not there!
I am informed it was left in the room and we do not understand why it was not found?
It was only a tee shirt and not of much value but it is the principle of the thing and will make us think twice about returning!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank KenM553
HolidayInnCamdenLock, Manager at Holiday Inn London - Camden Lock, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Thank you for all the very nice comments on your feedback. Thank you also for taking the time to express your frustration, we heard.

I shall be conducting my investigation first thing tomorrow morning, but I wanted to confirm you that we are indeed listening to what you are saying, and that we always make our best to build relationships, and not undo them.

I shall hope the T-shirt may reappear, although if it was white, it has most probably gone with the linen, which is what often happens with guest's towels, etc. when just as plain white. I shall nevertheless contact you directly through TripAdvisor's internal messaging service.

Let's hope we'll make it up to the whole family soon. Thank you.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

Wanted a last-minute break in London and fancied seeing Camden. his is perfectly situated in the heart of Camden, overlooking the lock and markets. Can't recommend enough (Weatherspoons opposite too!)

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank RobStokes512
Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

I loved the location of this Holiday Inn, service was good and the staff at breakfast very accommodating. For me it was the basics that failed here: the bed. It was hammock-like with a selection of lumpy pillows that had me tossing and turning and gave me real back and neck ache in the morning. What a shame.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Artemistica
HolidayInnCamdenLock, Manager at Holiday Inn London - Camden Lock, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

What a shame indeed. Can I get in touch directly through Trip Advisor's internal messaging service please? I'd love to have your room number so we can do our due diligence (also like to engage).

I personally stay in the hotel regularly and try different rooms every time. Plus we have a constant bed replacement plan so none should get through our net. Pillows follow similar plans.

On another hand, I'll share all the good notes here with the team.

Thank you for taking the time. I hope we'll speak soon.