“Great two-day stay”

Ranked #244 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Orange County California
“Great two-day stay”
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I stayed here because a friend of mine, and local Londoner, suggested it. It's where her company puts everyone when they travel from the US. I was very pleasantly surprised. It had been modernly revamped and was very comfortable and clean.

The bed was comfy, the room was warm (it was freezing outside), the service was excellent. I ate breakfast in the restaurant in the morning and was more than happy with the number of selections that they had in the breakfast buffet. It was quick and they were very helpful.

There is a Pret a Manger on the backside of the hotel, which was great to grab something to throw into my bag for later. The tube is a two minute walk away, and if you need to do any shopping, they're right across the street from a Boots, and other boutiques. There's also a Tesco on the back side of the hotel. Not bad.

I'd recommend this hotel for anyone who just needs a simple, comfortable and service orientated hotel. If you're looking for swanky, this might not be it, but for the money, you'd feel like it is.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the interior, as I'm sure it's much quieter.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank JHuante

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (306)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Sunderland
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Stayed here this weekend. Fab location in the centre of Camden. Loads going on and easy to get to. We walked along the canal to Regents park and Primrose Hill. Wonderful walk and easy. Hotel was clean, very friendly and genuinelyl helpful staff. Really good value for the centre of London. 2 minutes from Kings Cross station. Breakfast was really good value and definitley good value for family of 4. Would definetly return. Try Camden Market and Hawley Arms Pub. 2 mins to underground. A must!!

Room Tip: Great for Families. Easy transport and underground links
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank jacquio-9
HolidayInnCamdenLock, Manager at Holiday Inn London - Camden Lock, responded to this review, 9 March 2014
We are so glad you found us! We do offer various options for a London pad, but the ‘family’ has always been at the core of Holiday Inn.

So we shall look forward to seeing you again soon!

Ed & your genuine Camdeners, only real
Mountain Ash
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Excellent hotel, Only a short (3 minute walk) from Camden tube station. The hotel itself is very modern and clean and the staff were very helpful.

The location is superb with Camden market only a short walk away and the area has plenty of bars and restaurants to choose from.

The only gripe I had with the hotel was the fact the I paid in excess of £120 for the night and this did not include breakfast!!! I was offered breakfast for an additional £9 but I decided against that and instead went to the Wetherspoon pub which in next door and opens at 8am.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank JonConcrete
HolidayInnCamdenLock, Manager at Holiday Inn London - Camden Lock, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Good to read you enjoyed such a great offer; our rates usually sit above the £200 mark (and without breakfast).

Now promise us to try our new breakfast concept please. It is probably the cheapest in the whole of London! Full access to freshly baked rustic baguettes, fresh and usually warm croissants (see another recent review), freshly made smoothie (of the day!), pancake flipped with love ... how could you resist to the call?

We can't wait to having you again on our fun side of town.

Eddy & your loving Camdeners
Holiday Inn London Camden Lock, where else would you be?
Derbyshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 March 2014

My favourite hotel in the city for a while now has been refurbed..
I'm not sure about the tons of ikea furniture everywhere but it IS comfortable, the rooms are comfortable, the dining room is lighter and better for breakfast and it's still at the heart of this great area.
Theres a small business area with USB charging posts etc and next to it is a rock n roll tourist map of the area, my only tip would be, see this first... plan a morning walking the area.

Good call Holiday Inn, STILL my favourite!

Room Tip: away from the lock is quieter but boring... you don't come to camden to snooze
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank mervous
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 March 2014

This is a great base. Everything about it is easy. great to get around and loads of atmosphere and pubs and shops on your doorstep, all the staff are lovely and the hotel rooms are great. Especially overlooking the canal. Go there

Room Tip: ask for a room overlooking the canal.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank gillian g
Sheffield
Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed two nights at this hotel recently for my son's Birthday. I had booked via another site and was unsure about the room we'd been allocated so I e-mailed the hotel twice, on 13th and again on 19th Feb asking what type of room we were in and if we could have a room overlooking the lock. I never had a reply to my questions, even after phoning up to check I'd got the correct e-mail address. When we arrived, we'd been allocated a family room with two double beds (room 128) but the only view from the window was of a solid brick wall and the room was very dingy because of this. Having said that, the room was clean and comfortable and we didn't spend much time in it.

The hotel location is great, for us it was straight on the Northern Line from St Pancras to Camden Town and then just a five minute walk through the bustling streets. There are loads of places to shop and restaurants nearby.

We had breakfast in the hotel which was brilliant. We were given a choice of tables and seated immediately. The food was of good quality and there was an extensive choice too.

Hotel staff were really friendly and welcoming throughout our stay and after checking out at 11am, we were able to leave our bags until teatime so that we weren't dragging them about all day.

I'm not sure if I'd stay again, as I like to try different areas of London and felt let down that the hotel never replied to my e-mails, but the staff there were lovely and the location is great.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank blades-fans
HolidayInnCamdenLock, Manager at Holiday Inn London - Camden Lock, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
We were definitely off to a bad start, but I'm glad your stay made up for it.

I am looking into what happened with your emails, because they are supposed to help us communicate; so rather worrying. Now, for our 'double doubles' (or 'twins'), they all face inward for a guaranteed beauty sleep for the whole family. Should you have an opportunity to come back for a romantic London weekend or concerts in the area, we'll make it extra special by upgrading you to some stunning views!

Thank you for your honest and detailed review. Please accept our apologies for the breakdown in communication.

Eddy Brosse
Deputy General Manager
Carnoustie, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 February 2014

My wife and two daughters stayed at this hotel over the weekend and found it as they had expected a first class hotel.
It was clean, comfortable and ideally situated in the heart of Camden with the centre of London easily accessible. The staff were very friendly and helpful which makes the difference when on a weekend break.
The room was spacious for London standards and the beds comfortable and until we checked out would definitely stay there again.
After they checked out and left their bags at reception, going out for a bite of lunch one of my daughters remembered she had left one of her tee shirts in their room(321)After checking her bag they approached reception. They made some checks but told them it was not there!
I am informed it was left in the room and we do not understand why it was not found?
It was only a tee shirt and not of much value but it is the principle of the thing and will make us think twice about returning!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank KenM553
HolidayInnCamdenLock, Manager at Holiday Inn London - Camden Lock, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Thank you for all the very nice comments on your feedback. Thank you also for taking the time to express your frustration, we heard.

I shall be conducting my investigation first thing tomorrow morning, but I wanted to confirm you that we are indeed listening to what you are saying, and that we always make our best to build relationships, and not undo them.

I shall hope the T-shirt may reappear, although if it was white, it has most probably gone with the linen, which is what often happens with guest's towels, etc. when just as plain white. I shall nevertheless contact you directly through TripAdvisor's internal messaging service.

Let's hope we'll make it up to the whole family soon. Thank you.

Eddy Brosse