Chamberlain Hotel
Good 3.5/5
    V Hotel(London)
    Excellent 5/5
      1,715 results
      All reviewstower bridgealdgate tube stationfullers pubroof terracenice pubbusiness districtfresh milkcomfortable bednespresso machinegreat roomexcellent hotelfull englishcooked breakfasteasy accesswould definitely stay here againbreakfast was excellentmin walk
      FilterAll languages
      Reviewed 3 October 2013 via mobile

Good hotel for location the staff are good would advise to ask for a quite room because it can
      get a little bit loud early morning
      For the price we paid you would expect tea and coffee making facilities in your room

• Stayed: October 2013
      Liz M, General Manager at Chamberlain Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review, I'm delighted that you found the team good.

We do have tea & coffee making facilities in every bedroom, but I will speak to my Housekeeping team to ensure none are missing.

Reviewed 1 October 2013

Previously, I have had great experiences at this hotel (see my earlier review.) Perhaps the double rooms are simply better than the single rooms. This is the first time I booked a single, although it was a "luxury" room. I booked through the hotel website. I was hoping that would put me on a higher level than maybe the rooms they book over at hotels.com. Maybe it was the fact that I got a room that was once part of a suite.

In any event, the room was getting tired and not furnished nearly as elegantly as my previous rooms. And this time the noise was an issue. My window overlooked the restaurant's back doors. So when the trash collectors came around at 0600, man oh man, was it noisy. Especially when the recycling people came around.... The room also had some kind of background "hum" which I could not identify but was very annoying. Various other noises made me realize that the back of the house at this level was not the place to be.

The maid service was superb. Newspapers, water, chocolates, turndown, etc. All great. The bathroom lighting was horrible. Really hard to shave in the mirror.

There is a very annoying trend in UK pubs where one must order everything from a bartender. No table service. This was not the case in my previous visits to the Chamberlain, but I experienced it in other pubs during this trip so the Chamberlain is not alone in this. Saturday night and four other tables occupied. The servers were uninvolved. The food was well presented but not great quality and small quantities. Sunday night I went to another pub a few meters away that was packed with people. Came back to the hotel and the restaurant was quite empty. So there must be other people who find the service and food lacking. It also seemed to be the most expensive Fullers beer in town. With Fuller's buying up all kinds of London pubs, staying here for the beer is no longer an imperative.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your candid reveiw, I'm sorry that your last stay at the Chamberlain wasn't up to standard.

If you would like to contact me directly I'd be more than happy to investigate matters further in order to address the issues.

Warmest Regards

Reviewed 27 September 2013

I have stayed at the Chamberlain many times over the years, doing business at Lloyd's. Liz and the staff, and now Nicky, have done everything to make my stays comfortable. Room service is great, the pub is well managed and the food is delicious. I have recommended the Hotel to many of my friends and colleagues and to a person they have praised my recommendation. great hotel, great location, great food and drink, great staff. What else do you need? There are also, now, several gyms nearby to choose from, as well as a Tesco's a block away. Lovely! Tony.

Room Tip: Executive Terrace There is no pool or fitness center. See above
      • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your lovely reveiw, it's always a pleasure to see you on your annual visit to London.

Hopefully we can make your next visit even more enjoyable.

Liz

Reviewed 27 September 2013

Clean and basic room,comfy bed. Had reasonable bottle of Prosecco and meal at the bar. Good breakfast buffet. All the staff very friendly seemed surprised to be given a tip, Location great for Tower and City.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments, I'm so pleased you found the team friendly and that you enjoyed our bar!

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Liz

Reviewed 27 September 2013

Booked 2 rooms next to each other, 1 was a little noisy. Nice clean big room, everything you need, free minibar (water) and safe. Friendly and helpfull staff. Reasonably priced classic hotel. Breakfast included, ask from the warm menu (for free!) Restaurant was ok, classic british cuisine. The bar is super, nice atmosphere and you can taste some ales before choosing.
      We'll definately return to this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room!
      • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review, I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.
      We look forward to welcoming you back.

Warmest Regards