I've stayed here before once and had a very pleasant stay. Having to go into London frequently now I thought I'd try it again. They say every hotel has one naff room and I guess it was my turn. Room 416. If I stay here again I'll avoid this room like the plague.
It's a pleasant room BUT:
1. It smelt of smoking. Couldn't figure out why until I looked out of the window and saw the fire escape immediately outside the window covered in fag butts of different shapes and sizes. Yuch.
2. I'm a light sleeper. As I got ready for bed I turned off the air con. The fan stopped but the noise carried on. Then I realised there is air conditioning plant above the ceiling by the door. AWFUL. It went on all night and I felt dreadful by the morning. Really - you can't stick plant in bedrooms - I've been in quieter engine rooms.
I mentioned it on check out and the receptionist acknowledged that it can be noisy on the 4th floor...not just 416 then! She gave me a voucher for 10% off my next stay which I thought was a nice touch until I realised everyone was getting them upon checkout!
I won't write this hotel off but I'm not sure I want to play Russian Roulette and ending up on the 4th floor again. If I do stay here again I'll be sure to add a note asking to be spared 416!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Chamberlain Hotel is your 'home away from home' in the centre of London. It is conveniently situated just North of Tower Bridge and is a short stroll to many of London’s world-famous tourist ‘hotspots’. Due to its City district location, it provides convenient access to the central business district for our business clientele. At The Chamberlain Hotel our rooms all have a welcoming feel as well as a sense of style. So no matter which room type you choose, you will feel comfortable in every space. All our stylish bedrooms combine luxurious home comforts with well-designed work essentials such as data connections & business facilities. Our objective is to give you somewhere away from the bustle of London, where you can retire, relax and reinvigorate. Hide among the bubbles in your marbled bath or simply pull your Egyptian cotton and feather duvet over your head and drift gently to sleep. The Chamberlain Restaurant is a multitude of textures and complementary tones, a perfect blend of past and present. Offering a finest selection of British modern dishes, it puts the accent on the seasonal ingredients. Discreet, personal service and a well-stocked wine cellar complement the experience.The Chamberlain Restaurant & Bar offers you another way to unwind, with a venue that ensures a relaxing atmosphere, stylish décor ideal for a business lunch or a dinner with friends. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Booking.com, Expedia, Prestigia, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Chamberlain Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chamberlain Hotel London