“Great Location!”

Ranked #521 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Great Location!”
Reviewed 8 October 2013

I spent a week in a single room in this hotel and was really pleased - the room is rather small, but perfect for a solo traveller who is merely looking for a place to lay their head. The room was clean and neat - slat screen, free wifi and tea/coffee making facilities as well as a safe.
The location of this hotel is excellent! You can pretty much navigate your way around the town from here. Buckingham Palace was about a 15 minute walk away, and being so close to the station and bust stops meant that I could prett ymuch get anywhere by tube or bus without any fuss.
Being so close to the train tracks could pose a problem if you're a light sleeper, but it was not unbearable. I'd definitely book at this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 October 2013

I booked this hotel for an overnight stay with my mum and sister as part of our theatre weekend break. With just a short walk to the theatre, Buckingham Palace, Hyde Park and Oxford street, the location is excellent, with parking close by, at a nominal charge.
The staff were friendly on arrival and we were pleasantly surprised to discover we had been "upgraded" to a larger room. The room itself was spacious and clean and the beds were so comfy. The bathroom was functional and clean, with shower gel, soap and copious amounts of soft white towels provided! What more could you ask for! And we didn't hear a train all night!
The price was more than reasonable for the location of the hotel and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a cheap hotel, relatively close to the city centre.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Vanessa F
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Whilst I will say that this hotel is very clean and in a good location it is ridiculously small. Whatever you do never stay in a room next to the train track - as our room actually vibrated and shook all night so that we barely got a wink of sleep.
We booked into this hotel for 4 nights and really wish that we hadn't. The old addage of "it's just a bed" is true until you get there and then you realise that to have an enjoyable stay somewhere the hotel is actually a large part of it. We would never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Rechelle2013

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Climax, NC
Reviewed 23 September 2013

We have been at the Comfort Inn - Buckingham Palace Road for two nights now - two more to go. We are very pleased with our hotel choice. It's small, of course, but clean and cozy. The shower is tiny, but private. The location is fabulous as it's very close to Victoria Station and easy to get pretty much everywhere. We have felt safe leaving our stuff in the room as well as walking around and to and from our room at night. We are in the building across from the office. The hallways are narrow and there are steps up and down to nearly all the rooms over here. Not a big deal though. Our main complaint is the train noise. Our room has a window overlooking the train tracks... like right there! However, The trains are just coming and going - no whistles or anything ... basically becomes white noise. If I hadn't blown the noise machine we travel with, we probably wouldn't have even noticed the train sounds over night. But during rush hour, train traffic picks up. If you are an extremely light sleeper, you may want to request a room away from the tracks.

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper, request somewhere away from the train tracks.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Raeanne1982
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Location is great and room rate was most reasonable
Early check-in was no problem. Service and assistance from reception was excellent.
Light / included breakfast was also good.
Small but well appointed room - very comfortable.

Room Tip: Room at front is good
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 September 2013 via mobile

At such a low price my expectations were low too but the rooms were clean and had all the basics including shower gel and a hairdryer (which a travelodge doesn't provide). The rooms were a bit small but I didn't mind. The only negative is you can hear the trains but I've been to places where the noise is much worse. I stayed in the newly refurbished rooms across the road so ask for those when booking. Overall great value.

• Stayed September 2013
Northamptonshire
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Whilst I initially tried to check in at this hotel's close neighbour - Comfort Inn Victoria (which actually looked quite nice) - I eventually found the Buckingham Palace Road branch of the chain and inquired about the possibitiy of an early check in. The manager was helpful and said they had a single room ready for occupation (it was around 12.30) - Room 406. As others have pointed out the lifts only cover the first 3 floors so I had to manouvre cases via stairs for the final floor. I've had worse experiences and this was not a major issue, but bear this in mind if you have any mobility problems and are offered a room on the fourth floor. By the way, the 4th floor is the top floor of this hotel - it appears rooms 500 + are in the basement!
Whilst room 406 was "snug" it was ok, although the bathroom might be a problem if you are a size 16 or above! However generally everything was clean, tidy and well stocked (tea/coffee etc). The main problem I had with the room was the noise and vibrations caused by the trains, I slept badly only getting some sleep when the trains stopped running very late at night. It was also a little disconcerting to feel the bed shake as the trains passed below the bedroom.
On check out I mentioned the problems to the manager who (rightly) pointed out that I had wanted an early check in and Room 406 was the only one available. A valid point I suppose, but it would have been more courteous to have mentioned the noise issue when offering this room to me. He did say I could request a quiet room next time I stayed - but I think I'll try its sister hote instead!

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the front of the hotel - street side.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo