“small but clean hotel near everything..tube 1 blk away”

Comfort Inn Buckingham Palace Road
Ranked #525 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Checked in about 10am and hotel was able to give us our room keys and do paper work in under 5 min. Our bldg had new oversized elevator that worked well. Room ultra small, but aren't all european hotels. Extremely clean and well appointed. Even tho our window faced the tube, the room was adequately quiet as were our friends. Internet was free and worked well. Many restaurants and a shopping mall within 2 blocks. Don't do hotel breakfast as it's overpriced and limited on variety. Subway sandwich shop a block away had great bkfst sandwiches and fast service.
We will come back in the future as the location is great for mass transit, lots of food varieties also. Internet resonably fast and a free desk top machine in the office. Only downside was the price, but this was the best i could find!!

Room Tip: ask for room that does not face the tube station, its much quietier.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank thomas62_11
Write a ReviewReviews (1,174)

Reviewed 22 November 2013

ok, the room was (very) tiny. but: low prices, very close to victoria station, clean, mannerly, reception open 247. so, what are you waiting for? go to london, everytime you can, and, if you can't afford chelsea hotels, this is the accomodation for you.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank plaz_re.mu.
Reviewed 21 November 2013

My husband and I stayed here in august 2013,found it to be very clean and tidy,room very small but we were only there to sleep .very central to every where we were going .staff very helpful and pleasant.would definately stay here again if we were in London .i would ask for the rooms across the road as these have been refurbished ,good place to lay your head after a big day out sightseeing .

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 November 2013

To be near Victoria Station is to be near everything. The hotel is OK, with clean and comfortable bedrooms. I stayed with my husband for 3 nights in the annex building, which was a bit noisy (over the railways) but when you are tired enough after walking all day long, you don't care, actually we could sleep very well. Coffee-making facilities are included, which is great! The breakfast is good (coffee, yogurt, toasts, pastries, juice, etc) The hotel staff is friendly and helpful. It's a great option for London, good price-quality relationship.

Room Tip: If you do not want to stay in the basement, please ask it when booking.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I'd give this a 'Very Good; if it wasn't for the price. I paid £99 without breakfast for a single room. The room was adequate, comfortable, clean, had everything I needed including tea and coffee-making facilities, and staff were very helpful.
BUT. During the night my radiator started sounding like a bomber taking off. I turned it off but it took nearly an hour for the droning and vibration to subside. I expected concerned staff or other guests to start banging on my door with the booming racket, but no-one did. Also I could hear railway traffic going past outside, and the doors to all the rooms close with a mighty BANG every time they shut.
So if this was £50 a night I'd say OK. But not for twice as much.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I booked this hotel quite last minute and while it's very central I was surprised at the low price.

I stayed across the road from the main hotel, which I didn't mind too much, although I would have preferred not to have been given a ground floor room as a single female traveller. The room was clean and looked newly refurbished.

It's definitely very well located, which is the main problem - my room overlooked Victoria station. So from 5am (and regularly after that), the bathroom door, teacups etc rattled and woke me up.

If you need somewhere cheap and don't need a good night's sleep, I would highly recommend this. If you actually need to rest, I would stay elsewhere!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank skibunny_1979
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Having read a few reviews about this hotel, I was a little dubious but decided to give it the benefit of the doubt. The location was perfect for the Victoria Palace theatre where my wife and I were going to see Billy Elliott. The reception staff were very friendly and helpful. Our room was in the basement. It was very clean and well equiped with the usual coffee making facilities, tv, hair dryer etc. The ensuite was large and clean and the shower was very powerful which we like. The noise level from the main street was obvious but not too bad. We decided against the continental breakfast and opted to go to the Victoria Mall where we had a very nice breakfast at Cafe Rouge. All in all, not a bad one night stay. Basic but acceptable.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple