“Great location”

Comfort Inn Buckingham Palace Road
Ranked #525 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 22 December 2013

The hotel is quite close from Victoria Coach Station, just about a 5-minute walk away. I had quite a mixed experience because I stayed in 2 different rooms over the 2 nights I was there. For the first night I had a room in the basement (and under the main road). The room was quite spacious and clean, but the problem was that the room smelled quite badly, probably because there was little ventilation in the room. I had quite a bad first night as a result of the smell and lack of air. The next day I went to request for a change of room, which the friendly receptionist gladly did, and agreed to help shift my luggage as well to the new room. Surprisingly, the new room (on the ground floor) was just about perfect (see photos), though it was situated next to the dining place where guests entered from. Regarding the noise levels, it was quite tolerable for me, though you could still hear the trains; I thought the opening and closing of the doors to the dining room were more irritating. Also to note, storage was provided for 1 GBP per luggage/ bag. So based on my room on the 2nd night, I would stay with them again, as long as they do not put me in the basement.

Room Tip: try to avoid rooms in the basement
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank lightyearsC
Write a ReviewReviews (1,180)

Reviewed 12 December 2013

Great position, few meters from Victoria coach station. Small rooms but very clean and comfortable. Because of the near train station in some rooms you can hear trains approaching and leaving.
The breakfast is continental and has good quality.
At the reception you can find very kind people.
Every time I go to London I book this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 4 December 2013

We stayed at the Comfort Inn for 2 nights. (group of 32 German best agers). Easy check in. Staff very friendly and helping. We were a little afraid because of the small breakfast room. But needn't worry. Hotel perfectly situated for a weekend in London. Continental breakfast small but good. Rooms very clean and nicely furbished. Luggage storage the day of our departure was offered.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 November 2013

Centrally located, spotlessly clean, comfy bed, hot shower, friendly reception. Glad I found this hotel, will be staying here again. Seems to have been recently refurbed. Safe provided in the room, which you rarely get in budget hotels.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back will avoid traffic noise. Right next to Victoria station, so expect some noise fro...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 November 2013

Booked into this hotel and went to the room. Read the information as I always do and it said quite clearly ALL rooms had been refurbished. The water outlet in the basin in the bathroom was rusty and the stopper, which you push up and down would not move - hence the water would not stop in the basin. There were cracked tiles on the floor and two mis-matched tiles. The paintwork was dirty and marked. The worst thing was that when we came back to the room each night there was a horrible smell emanating from the bathroom. I asked for someone to deal with it but it did not cure it - whatever he or she did. Also as the hotel is right beside the railway line the trains go often and the hotel window was not double glazed. Not only noisy but cold. I spoke to the male receptionist and he told me that the other part of the hotel across the road had been refurbished. Thus the information was incorrect. I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Ellen B
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Spent 4 nights at this hotel. Emailed them in advance of my arrival to get a room on a higher floor, had a positive answer but when I arrived, I was given a room on ground floor. Extremely noisy because of trains, radiator was making a lot of noise too, so first night I didn't sleep at all. Next day I was given lovely room upstairs, but after complaining three times that one of the radiators isn't working, no one came to solve the problem. Last night the second radiator did stop working too, so spending a November night in a room with no heating was quite unpleasant.
Otherwise rooms were clean and cozy, but I don't come over for holidays to solve problems all the time, so would probably go for another hotel...

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Danyhella
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Checked in about 10am and hotel was able to give us our room keys and do paper work in under 5 min. Our bldg had new oversized elevator that worked well. Room ultra small, but aren't all european hotels. Extremely clean and well appointed. Even tho our window faced the tube, the room was adequately quiet as were our friends. Internet was free and worked well. Many restaurants and a shopping mall within 2 blocks. Don't do hotel breakfast as it's overpriced and limited on variety. Subway sandwich shop a block away had great bkfst sandwiches and fast service.
We will come back in the future as the location is great for mass transit, lots of food varieties also. Internet resonably fast and a free desk top machine in the office. Only downside was the price, but this was the best i could find!!

Room Tip: ask for room that does not face the tube station, its much quietier.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple