“Good Location for a Short Visit”

Comfort Inn Buckingham Palace Road
Ranked #526 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 22 March 2014

This hotel is in a very good location for walking to a lot of the popular attractions in London. It is close to Victoria Station (maybe too close) and Victoria Coach Station and near a bus stop that goes down to Big Ben and the London Eye. The rooms are pretty small but comfortable, but as others have mentioned, can be quite noisy from the trains going into and out of Victoria Station. The price is reasonable for a London hotel, and you can get a continental breakfast for an additional 6 pounds. If you're into walking, we walked to several attractions such as Picadilly Circus, Trafalgar Square, Buckingham Palace, Victoria and Albert Museum, and others, with not much trouble.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank sgitlin

Reviewed 22 March 2014

This was my third stay at the Comfort Inn Buckingham Palace Road and this time I was upgraded to a triple room. As there was only me, there was plenty of room to move. It was spotlessly clean, as always, with plenty of towels, tea-making facilities and a television (though only 5 channels) and Wi-Fi.

I didn't have the breakfast at the hotel as it's cheaper to go out and find breakfast at one of the many eateries in Victoria station, but the breakfast area looks clean and welcoming.

The staff is always very polite and friendly, and though my room wasn't quite ready when I arrived (it was my fault as I was earlier than expected) I could take advantage of the free tea and coffee in the foyer.

The hotel is next door to the tracks leading to Victoria Station so it is a bit noisy, but I've got used to that now and there would be few places in London not affected by noise.

If I have any criticism it's that for some reason the rooms cost more this time. I paid £105, which was for a single room (but as I said, I was upgraded). I'm there again in May, when for some reason it's going to cost £125. I've just booked again for September and November when I'm due in London on business again and it's only £79 per night for a single room. (If you book directly with the hotel, not via third party sites). I have only paid £79 in the past, so I'm a bit flummoxed by the sudden rise, but as I had/have to be in London and this hotel is most suited to my needs, there's no getting around paying it.

Room Tip: If you have mobility problems, ask for a room either in the Annex and/or with ground floor or lift a...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Sally Q
Reviewed 19 March 2014

We Stayed here for one weekend and the hotel is very nice and clean but we stayed accross the street from the main entrance and our room was backing onto the railroad tracks... Was a bit loud as the trains passes by all night long. Room was very tiny but enoughfor the 2 of us. Overall good but i would have enjoying having a good nights sleep.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Incredible small room! the room was on the 4th Floor but the elevator gets only to the third so I need to climb some thin unsafe stairs with suitcase up and down... The noise was totally horrible, even with the windows closed you could hear every single train getting into and out of the Victoria station making impossible to sleep.
Breakfast was not included and was really expensive for what was offered.
I will never stay in this hotel again it totally does not worth the price.

1  Thank Inmavelasco
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Needed to book a cheap hotel for a work stay near to the conference venue.
Comfort Inn was quite cheap.

After checking in told to cross the road and my room was in another building.
Electric lock doors keep it secure, and modern lighting, warm building greets you.

Rooms are small, you wouldn't want to share a room here, definitely not a twin share - literally no room to swing the proverbial cat...

Rooms very clean and modern, must have had a refurb quite recently.

Safe in room, and free wifi.

You can park next to the hotel from around 630pm to 830am which was really good.

Was pleasantly surprised how good this place was. As long as you're not planning on using it as a base then no problem.

There is some train rumbling noise which will cause a problem for lighter sleepers.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

This hotel is conveniently situated and reasonably priced by London standards. It is just a few minutes walk from Victoria Station. I stayed in a building across from the hotel. It was not staffed but there was 24 hour access by use of room key. I was on business so wanted somewhere convenient and clean - the hotel provided that. There was also free wifi which was useful.
This is not a place to stay for the 'hotel experience' but if you are looking for somewhere safe and clean to sleep then it fits the bill.

Room Tip: If you are spooked by entering a building with no staff stay in the main hotel.
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Stayed at Comfort Inn overnight on the 25th of December 2013. You stay at hotels like these for the convenience not for the experience and this hotel delivered what it was designed for. I booked trough Booking.com and got a good price, around 48,- pounds I think. Checked in early in the evening in the main building, was allocated room in the building across the road. My room was on the ground floor and quite tiny however it was clean and had anything a person would need for an overnight stay. Reasonable choice of TV channels and OK Internet connection. I went to sleep for a few hours, woke up about 8.30pm and went out to try to find a half decent restaurant to eat. Since it was Christmas Day absolutely nothing in that area was open. I asked the reception guy about this and he offered me a take away menu to chose from as he knew there was a take-away place down the road that was open on Christmas Day. What a nice thing to do, bless him. Their own lobby/restaurant area reminded me of youth hostels I used to stay in when I was younger, a sort of upmarket one though, you would not really want to hang out there for your evening drink but there are loads of good alternatives in the area. The best thing about this hotel is that when your alarm clock rings at 3am in the morning you only have to jump into shower, get dressed, grab your luggage and walk 3 minutes down the road to Victoria Coach Station to catch the 3.30 coach that takes you to whatever airport you need to go...

Room Tip: Very good location and value, if you have to catch a very early coach to the airport - Victoria Stat...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo