Comfort Inn Buckingham Palace Road
US$308
US$285
Orbitz.com
1,213 results
All reviewsvictoria coach stationbuckingham palacesingle roommain buildingcontinental breakfastthe breakfast areathe lower ground floorlight sleeperbasement roomconvenient locationbudget hotelwould stay againcoffee machineexcellent locationair conditioningroom was spotlessshort stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Straight out of "The Blues Brothers" movie, tiny room that shook and quivered when the trains went by. No complaint with this, it is and will be a 'giggle' worthy memorable experience. No complaint either with the room being tiny or the lightening quick visits to the bathroom to avoid frostbite, all will go into the fun 'experience' file and none were really an issue. What is totally unforgivable is the disgusting condition of the pillow protectors ... I can't even begin to describe what's under the pillowcase (I wasn't looking for trouble, sadly it just presented itself) I'm amazed the cleaner can with a clear conscience just cover them with what I now hope are clean pillowcases, resisting the urge to check under the sheets..... No chance of me returning to this hotel.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
6  Thank awayalot Z
Reviewed 22 March 2014

This hotel is in a very good location for walking to a lot of the popular attractions in London. It is close to Victoria Station (maybe too close) and Victoria Coach Station and near a bus stop that goes down to Big Ben and the London Eye. The rooms are pretty small but comfortable, but as others have mentioned, can be quite noisy from the trains going into and out of Victoria Station. The price is reasonable for a London hotel, and you can get a continental breakfast for an additional 6 pounds. If you're into walking, we walked to several attractions such as Picadilly Circus, Trafalgar Square, Buckingham Palace, Victoria and Albert Museum, and others, with not much trouble.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank sgitlin
Reviewed 22 March 2014

This was my third stay at the Comfort Inn Buckingham Palace Road and this time I was upgraded to a triple room. As there was only me, there was plenty of room to move. It was spotlessly clean, as always, with plenty of towels, tea-making facilities and a television (though only 5 channels) and Wi-Fi.

I didn't have the breakfast at the hotel as it's cheaper to go out and find breakfast at one of the many eateries in Victoria station, but the breakfast area looks clean and welcoming.

The staff is always very polite and friendly, and though my room wasn't quite ready when I arrived (it was my fault as I was earlier than expected) I could take advantage of the free tea and coffee in the foyer.

The hotel is next door to the tracks leading to Victoria Station so it is a bit noisy, but I've got used to that now and there would be few places in London not affected by noise.

If I have any criticism it's that for some reason the rooms cost more this time. I paid £105, which was for a single room (but as I said, I was upgraded). I'm there again in May, when for some reason it's going to cost £125. I've just booked again for September and November when I'm due in London on business again and it's only £79 per night for a single room. (If you book directly with the hotel, not via third party sites). I have only paid £79 in the past, so I'm a bit flummoxed by the sudden rise, but as I had/have to be in London and this hotel is most suited to my needs, there's no getting around paying it.

Room Tip: If you have mobility problems, ask for a room either in the Annex and/or with ground floor or lift access as the top floors can only be reached by stairs.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Sally Q
Reviewed 19 March 2014

We Stayed here for one weekend and the hotel is very nice and clean but we stayed accross the street from the main entrance and our room was backing onto the railroad tracks... Was a bit loud as the trains passes by all night long. Room was very tiny but enoughfor the 2 of us. Overall good but i would have enjoying having a good nights sleep.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Incredible small room! the room was on the 4th Floor but the elevator gets only to the third so I need to climb some thin unsafe stairs with suitcase up and down... The noise was totally horrible, even with the windows closed you could hear every single train getting into and out of the Victoria station making impossible to sleep.
Breakfast was not included and was really expensive for what was offered.
I will never stay in this hotel again it totally does not worth the price.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business