“Good location, service average”

Comfort Inn Buckingham Palace Road
Ranked #525 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Great location just behind Victoria station and tube station. Cost/quality/location on good level. Quiet hotel with quite small rooms (compared to Nordic standards, but in London average). Breakfast was good enough. Nice stay overall but staff in reception was not that friendly, but did their job...maybe bonuses needed for being more customer oriented?

Please note free wifi is quite slow and it has daily limit. Luggage room was having 1 pound fee.

Staff was not that helpful.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Savu28
There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn Buckingham Palace Road

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Stayed at this Hotel on 11th and 12th April for the marathon in which my son was competing. The room was spotless and well decorated, the water was piping hot and the beds were extremely comfortable. Altogether a very pleasant stay and to quote Arnie "I'll be back"

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank geoffpyorks
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

What can I say, I had a weekend in London and due to the small amount of alcohol I may have consumed left a very expensive watch in my room here. When I realised it today I contacted the hotel and they had found it, kept it safe too. Thank you!

Anyway the hotel itself was fine, you get good value for the price and the room was large enough for me to sleep comfortably in.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Vertigoheights
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Straight out of "The Blues Brothers" movie, tiny room that shook and quivered when the trains went by. No complaint with this, it is and will be a 'giggle' worthy memorable experience. No complaint either with the room being tiny or the lightening quick visits to the bathroom to avoid frostbite, all will go into the fun 'experience' file and none were really an issue. What is totally unforgivable is the disgusting condition of the pillow protectors ... I can't even begin to describe what's under the pillowcase (I wasn't looking for trouble, sadly it just presented itself) I'm amazed the cleaner can with a clear conscience just cover them with what I now hope are clean pillowcases, resisting the urge to check under the sheets..... No chance of me returning to this hotel.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
6  Thank awayalot Z
Reviewed 22 March 2014

This hotel is in a very good location for walking to a lot of the popular attractions in London. It is close to Victoria Station (maybe too close) and Victoria Coach Station and near a bus stop that goes down to Big Ben and the London Eye. The rooms are pretty small but comfortable, but as others have mentioned, can be quite noisy from the trains going into and out of Victoria Station. The price is reasonable for a London hotel, and you can get a continental breakfast for an additional 6 pounds. If you're into walking, we walked to several attractions such as Picadilly Circus, Trafalgar Square, Buckingham Palace, Victoria and Albert Museum, and others, with not much trouble.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank sgitlin
Reviewed 22 March 2014

This was my third stay at the Comfort Inn Buckingham Palace Road and this time I was upgraded to a triple room. As there was only me, there was plenty of room to move. It was spotlessly clean, as always, with plenty of towels, tea-making facilities and a television (though only 5 channels) and Wi-Fi.

I didn't have the breakfast at the hotel as it's cheaper to go out and find breakfast at one of the many eateries in Victoria station, but the breakfast area looks clean and welcoming.

The staff is always very polite and friendly, and though my room wasn't quite ready when I arrived (it was my fault as I was earlier than expected) I could take advantage of the free tea and coffee in the foyer.

The hotel is next door to the tracks leading to Victoria Station so it is a bit noisy, but I've got used to that now and there would be few places in London not affected by noise.

If I have any criticism it's that for some reason the rooms cost more this time. I paid £105, which was for a single room (but as I said, I was upgraded). I'm there again in May, when for some reason it's going to cost £125. I've just booked again for September and November when I'm due in London on business again and it's only £79 per night for a single room. (If you book directly with the hotel, not via third party sites). I have only paid £79 in the past, so I'm a bit flummoxed by the sudden rise, but as I had/have to be in London and this hotel is most suited to my needs, there's no getting around paying it.

Room Tip: If you have mobility problems, ask for a room either in the Annex and/or with ground floor or lift a...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Sally Q
Reviewed 19 March 2014

We Stayed here for one weekend and the hotel is very nice and clean but we stayed accross the street from the main entrance and our room was backing onto the railroad tracks... Was a bit loud as the trains passes by all night long. Room was very tiny but enoughfor the 2 of us. Overall good but i would have enjoying having a good nights sleep.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple